Page 163 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    So, I sucked it up and took another look at my Little Big Planet level. I added clearer instructions on what the player needs to do, and added a few more arrows to point the way, and now I'm getting better ratings in general.

Am I the only one on the forums playing this?
    i for one refuse to discuss this game on the grounds that I am burning with envy for ps3 owners who get to play it.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

On CNN right now:

The military is modifying the Wiimote to control bomb-defusing robots for combat.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    On CNN right now:

The military is modifying the Wiimote to control bomb-defusing robots for combat.
    Now there's a game idea too.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Just beat "Fallout 3". Have to say I wasn't totally fulfilled by the ending, but I also spent so much time doing exploring outside the plot that perhaps I had just detached myself too much from the story by the time I got around to the ending.

I still think it's the best game of the year, and I can't wait for the DLC to be released.

When I felt I was getting close to the end, I made a quick save so that I can continue exploring the world, since beating the game closes this ability off. And I turned out to be exactly right...I was just about to finish the game when I saved, so I can go back easily.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Just beat "Fallout 3". Have to say I wasn't totally fulfilled by the ending, but I also spent so much time doing exploring outside the plot that perhaps I had just detached myself too much from the story by the time I got around to the ending.

I still think it's the best game of the year, and I can't wait for the DLC to be released.

When I felt I was getting close to the end, I made a quick save so that I can continue exploring the world, since beating the game closes this ability off. And I turned out to be exactly right...I was just about to finish the game when I saved, so I can go back easily.
    I'm lost, with no idea where the game is heading, and that's awesome.

After fixing a satellite in the Washington Monument, I decided to deliver a letter, and am currently looking for a family member that may or may not be dead. No idea where to go from here though.

Bounty Hunters also tried to kill me, and they nearly did.

Then I walked down a bit, and was killed by a scorpion.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I'm lost, with no idea where the game is heading, and that's awesome.

After fixing a satellite in the Washington Monument, I decided to deliver a letter, and am currently looking for a family member that may or may not be dead. No idea where to go from here though.

Bounty Hunters also tried to kill me, and they nearly did.

Then I walked down a bit, and was killed by a scorpion.

Bounty hunters, you mean the Talon Company guys, right?

They're such pains in the ass. There were a few times where I narrowly escaped death inside buildings or train stations, only to emerge to the wasteland with 3 of those Talon Company Mercs waiting for me, and I got destroyed.

You should watch this video. It shows how to get 3 of the best guns in the game.

One of them (the Alien Blaster) has VERY limited ammunition, but it's pretty much the most powerful gun in the game aside from the Fat Man that launches mini-nukes.

Get the Alien Blaster and save it for later in the game. In all my exploring the world (50+ hours of pure exploration) I only encountered one stash of extra ammo.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Bounty hunters, you mean the Talon Company guys, right?

They're such pains in the ass. There were a few times where I narrowly escaped death inside buildings or train stations, only to emerge to the wasteland with 3 of those Talon Company Mercs waiting for me, and I got destroyed.

You should watch this video. It shows how to get 3 of the best guns in the game.

One of them (the Alien Blaster) has VERY limited ammunition, but it's pretty much the most powerful gun in the game aside from the Fat Man that launches mini-nukes.

Get the Alien Blaster and save it for later in the game. In all my exploring the world (50+ hours of pure exploration) I only encountered one stash of extra ammo.
    Sweet. Looking at the maps on that makes me realize that I'm nowhere close to anything in this game.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

So, how many people here have played Gears 2?

I'm torn between renting it or Left 4 Dead. Not sure which I should go for.

Can Gears 2 be beaten rather quickly?

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    So, how many people here have played Gears 2?

I'm torn between renting it or Left 4 Dead. Not sure which I should go for.

Can Gears 2 be beaten rather quickly?
    You can beat the Gears 2 campaign mode in about 8-10 hours. It's not very long. However, beating Horde mode will take a lot longer.

And depending on your skill / teammates /difficulty setting / mood of the AI director you can beat each campaign in Left 4 Dead in well under an hour.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    You can beat the Gears 2 campaign mode in about 8-10 hours. It's not very long. However, beating Horde mode will take a lot longer.

And depending on your skill / teammates /difficulty setting / mood of the AI director you can beat each campaign in Left 4 Dead in well under an hour.
    Haven't played Gears 2, but each time I come back to L4D, it's as fun as ever.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Haven't played Gears 2, but each time I come back to L4D, it's as fun as ever.
    Yeah, it really is a lot of fun. Since I got L4D I haven't played any other game. However Valve really needs to patch the 360 version, because playing the No Mercy map on Versus mode has been ruined by exploits and glitches. I don't understand what is taking them so long to do it, because I heard the PC version has been fixed already.

Also, I believe that Valve designer Chet Faliszek said in the Kotaku holiday podcast that L4D downloadable content will be done for the 360 at the same time as the PC. So that is awesome news.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Yeah, it really is a lot of fun. Since I got L4D I haven't played any other game. However Valve really needs to patch the 360 version, because playing the No Mercy map on Versus mode has been ruined by exploits and glitches. I don't understand what is taking them so long to do it, because I heard the PC version has been fixed already.

Also, I believe that Valve designer Chet Faliszek said in the Kotaku holiday podcast that L4D downloadable content will be done for the 360 at the same time as the PC. So that is awesome news.
    Yeah, I can't wait for new maps. I wonder what other downloadable content there might be.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Bought a PSP-3000, MLB 08 The Show, Burnout Legends, and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories last night. My son has been playing it all morning. :|

EDIT: For the record, he's playing Burnout.

Yeah, I can't wait for new maps. I wonder what other downloadable content there might be.
    Outside of new maps, I think we'll also get new special infected zombies and some new weapons like a flamethrower.

It is pretty easy to get past the glitches in No Mercy on L4D. All you have to do is get the human team together and melee the object, it will move.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Call of Duty 5 is a bit of a letdown after Call of Duty 4. Finished the two of them in the same amount of days.

Did anyone else find it brutal when in CoD4 one of your characters
    [
    ]

I also played Portal. I'm not into puzzle games (because I'm terrible at them), but enjoyed this. Especially the final level.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Quoting Justin (view post)
    It is pretty easy to get past the glitches in No Mercy on L4D. All you have to do is get the human team together and melee the object, it will move.
    Yeah, I know. It's just so annoying.

Quote Quoting Justin (view post)
    Or just bore out the other team until they quit. ha.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm off to go rent Left 4 Dead.

I'm hoping to find some decent people to play with online but apparently, everyone who plays this online is a dick. Which is unfortunate.

Also, this idea of glitches being exploited sounds pretty annoying, too.

But maybe I'll have some luck...

I'm off to go rent Left 4 Dead.

I'm hoping to find some decent people to play with online but apparently, everyone who plays this online is a dick. Which is unfortunate.

But maybe I'll have some luck...
    That's not true. I've played tons of online matches with strangers and the great majority of people were really cool. Sure there are some assholes too but every online game has those. And if you have a dick in your group just vote him out of it.

Also before you start a new online campaign you get dropped into a lobby so you can talk to your teammates a bit before you go (if they have mics). So then you can judge if you want to play with them or not.

In the "Left 4 Dead" demo, I can't tell you how many times I got put into games where it was three real-life friends and myself, and they would all just kill me. Or they'd refuse to ever come to my aid, but if I didn't save them they instantly voted me out.

This is what makes a lot of online games hard for me to care about.

Then you'd really hate Gears 2:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D4foUP2LuX8
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Saya
    That's not true. I've played tons of online matches with strangers and the great majority of people were really cool.]
    Okay, that's good to know then.

But, unfortunately, it turns out that all the rental places don't have L4D in.

I'd at least like to play the demo. But it's been taken off! Damn.

Does anyone know if they can "recommend" me the game via Live and allow me to download the demo? Any loopholes around this at all?

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Then you'd really hate Gears 2:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D4foUP2LuX8
    Ah. Well, I'm not too interested in the multiplayer for that game anyway.

I have yet to come across any of those morons in L4D Amnesiac. Some may run ahead and be John Wayne, but they end up dying.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Does anyone know if they can "recommend" me the game via Live and allow me to download the demo? Any loopholes around this at all?
    I might know a loophole, but I don't know if it works and you will need 1-month free Live Gold subscription card (sometimes you get these when you buy a game).

What you could try is to create an Japanese Live account to access the Japanese Live marketplace, because I believe the demo is till up that marketplace. The demo was released last week over there. Then you could download the Japanese demo of L4D and just play it on your regular live account.