Page 158 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 581081481561571581591601682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Or even SMB2j!
    Her?

I still believe SMB3 to be the best among the Mario platformers. But SMB1, 3, and World are all among the best representatives of the genre.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Her?
    Funny, I was thinking of saying the very same thing in reply to Davis about World.

SMB2j is like SMB on acid.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Funny, I was thinking of saying the very same thing in reply to Davis about World.

SMB2j is like SMB on acid.
    I think I'm stuck on World 5 in SMB2j. Game is tough as fucking nails. Though I did beat the version that came out on Game Boy Color some nine years ago.

SMB is the superior game, methinks, if for no other reason than that it can be conquered and even mastered without necessarily becoming an insane person.

Chrono Trigger on the DS still holds up very well. Overall I am having a really great time again with this game. The music is still fantastic and the game just looks great. I'm about 3 hours in now and just made it to the End of Time. I'm glad I just finished the Future part though, because that sucked. It's kind of a boring part, because all the environments are so bleak and grey and the dungeons are not very interesting. And every time you want to walk to other side of the map you have to do this stupid race.

This game also reminded me that I vastly prefer JRPG's without random battles. I want to see the enemies on screen and I want to have the choice to fight them or not.

Next week's episode of the Retronauts is going to be about the Persona series, and they are going to have a couple of the localizers as special guests. Should be very cool.

Call of Duty: World at War is actually more exciting and memorable than the previous one if you can believe that sort of thing. The airplane level, though on rails, is tremendous especially when the player has to switch gunner positions. Call of Duty 6 needs a submarine level with all the patience and suspense that comes with the job.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    As soon as I beat Titan Quest, I am going to get The Witcher Enhanced Version.
    Yes! The Witcher is amazing.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Call of Duty: World at War is actually more exciting and memorable than the previous one if you can believe that sort of thing. The airplane level, though on rails, is tremendous especially when the player has to switch gunner positions. Call of Duty 6 needs a submarine level with all the patience and suspense that comes with the job.
    How many hours of gameplay do they both have?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    God damn Titan Quest is addicting...

btw, what's everyone's steam name?

I always felt like I was really missing out on the "Diablo" craze. I was given the Battle Chest (#1 and #2 and all expansions) for Christmas one year, and I just couldn't get into it at all.

Of course, now that I feel I could appreciate it, I don't have it anymore :sad:
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Has anyone here played through Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts yet? I remember someone mentioned it was his most anticipated of 08 a few weeks back...

I'm not going to be playing it for a while, but I've heard some pretty mixed things about the game. The review scores are all over the place, too. :sad:

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    Has anyone here played through Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts yet? I remember someone mentioned it was his most anticipated of 08 a few weeks back...

I'm not going to be playing it for a while, but I've heard some pretty mixed things about the game. The review scores are all over the place, too. :sad:
    The people in this thread all seem pretty in love with it. It'd be on my to-buy list if I had an Xbox360.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    God damn Titan Quest is addicting...

btw, what's everyone's steam name?
    twincamakiko

I wonder how TQ is multi-player?

That game is just too addicting. Oh man.

Hit level 14 last night...almost done with Greece.

I think you get to go to Asia at some point, can't wait!

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I always felt like I was really missing out on the "Diablo" craze. I was given the Battle Chest (#1 and #2 and all expansions) for Christmas one year, and I just couldn't get into it at all.

Of course, now that I feel I could appreciate it, I don't have it anymore :sad:
    They're definitely not for everyone.

I love these kinds of mindless click-fests; I just never get tired of killing monsters, collecting new loot, and exploring new dungeons.

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    How many hours of gameplay do they both have?
    I think that in terms of length they're about solid. Maybe 7-10 hours each.

New trailer for the Batman game:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_9682_en.html
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Wow, looks like Atari has acquired Cryptic Studios, the developer shop behind City of Heroes/Villains, and the upcoming Champions Online (my most anticipated game so far this gen).

This has sorta toned down my excitement for Champs Online, inasmuch as Atari has on several occasions forced developer studios to rush out unfinished, poorly tested, and buggy games so that they can get them out there quicker and get a quick buck. I hope they don't try and pull this shit on Cryptic.

With Phil Harrison at Atari now, I'm sure things will run more smoothly. He's been totally revamping the company, and is mostly responsible for bringing them back from the dead.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    With Phil Harrison at Atari now, I'm sure things will run more smoothly. He's been totally revamping the company, and is mostly responsible for bringing them back from the dead.
    Next up, E.T. 2: The Friendening

Is anyone else getting a lot of disconnections from the servers while playing Left 4 Dead lately?

I got disconnected yesterday while playing a versus game with a couple Match-Cut guys and all the other versus games I joined later on as well. It's just so annoying when you get disconnected from a fun match.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Is anyone else getting a lot of disconnections from the servers while playing Left 4 Dead lately?

I got disconnected yesterday while playing a versus game with a couple Match-Cut guys and all the other versus games I joined later on as well. It's just so annoying when you get disconnected from a fun match.
    Cool I thought it was just me. I got disconnected like 6 times yesterday afternoon.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Finished Conan last night.

Whole game was simple easy hack and slash (though quite fun), end boss was cheap and tough! God, I'm sick of that. Took some time, but I managed to kill his ass.

Cool! Pics here:

[]

And a little summary of the new info:

- Operation: Anchorage will be about 4-5 hours long
    - New weapons and perk
    - Combat/stealth oriented
    - 800 MS Points
    - Update (bug fixes) for all versions of Fallout 3 coming
    - Second DLC, The Pitt, will take place in Pittsburgh
    - Third DLC, Broken Steel, will increase the level cap

I don't understand why the third content update will increase the level cap and not the first one.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Gamefly has been good to me these holidays. I've gotten pretty much every major release i wanted within a week of release. (Mirror's Edge, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Scene It: BOS, Too Human, Dead Space, Left 4 Dead) I just sent back Mirror's Edge and they just shipped out Prince of Persia. I'm really looking forward to playing it.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Tried out that PS3 Home thing. I'm don't think I understand what it's for. You can make your avatar do the robot in front of a bubble machine, maybe that's what it's for.