Page 155 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 551051451531541551561571652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

I'm waaay behind in the Zelda franchise.

I still haven't beaten Windwaker and never played any of the GBA games.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    I remember when the gaming community went bananas over a less-than-9.0 score from Gamespot. Yeah, well so far...
    That's because the "gaming community" is composed almost entirely of fucktards.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    I'm waaay behind in the Zelda franchise.

I still haven't beaten Windwaker and never played any of the GBA games.
    Wind Waker and Link's Awakening (for the original GB) are my two favorite Zeldas. They have a quality of storytelling very well suited to their media, work their hardware to the max, have charm to spare, and are a blast to play.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Wind Waker and Link's Awakening (for the original GB) are my two favorite Zeldas.
    Plus, Ganondorf is really at his best in Wind Waker. In terms of character depth and aesthetic design. There's a bit more thought put into him in this game.

I'm not saying he's a really well-nuanced and meticulously layered character... there's just a bit more to him than the usual one-note characterization based around 'I like power and I want more of it'.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    Plus, Ganondorf is really at his best in Wind Waker. In terms of character depth and aesthetic design. There's a bit more thought put into him in this game.

I'm not saying he's a really well-nuanced and meticulously layered character... there's just a bit more to him than the usual one-note characterization based around 'I like power and I want more of it'.
    'Tis truth. Also, the final battle in this game is so gripping, I've gone back to specifically play it several times since completing the game.

Still building my level in Little Big Planet.

Anybody else have this game?

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Still building my level in Little Big Planet.

Anybody else have this game?
    Been thinking of getting it but I'm not sure how interested I am in building my own levels. How's the regular story mode or whatever?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Should I buy a PSP after Christmas? Are there any major issues with it, such as freezing or anything like that? And can I hook it up to my TV and play games if I want?

I figure this is the last gasp for me and video games. I want to play Madden, NCAA, and MLB games, but I don't want to shell out the cash for a PS3. Plus, this way I can take it with me and play during down time or lunch breaks at work or something. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I don't want a DS because I don't want to bother with a touch screen and I want better graphics.

My day consisted of Fallout 3, and a few beers.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    My day consisted of Fallout 3, and a few beers.

Sounds like a good day to me!

How is the game going? What are you doing in it right now?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    I don't remember Gananondorf's depth in Wind Waker. Please elaborate sirs.

I liked Wind Waker okay, but I had too many problems with how the overworld was designed, and the dungeons, while frequently beautiful, didn't strike me as all that innovative in their design. Kinda perfunctory for the most part. Oh yeah, and that whole triforce quest was poorly conceived, implemented merely to pad out the game's length because it was rushed out for a Christmas release.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Sounds like a good day to me!

How is the game going? What are you doing in it right now?
    I think I'm near the end.

I met the president.

I'm 'Evil Incarnate', but I still try to be good.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Been thinking of getting it but I'm not sure how interested I am in building my own levels. How's the regular story mode or whatever?
    There's no real narrative to the game, it's a just a creative platformer. So, if you like platformers, it'll probably be right up your alley. There have been a few levels that made my jaw drop.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I think I'm near the end.

I met the president.

I'm 'Evil Incarnate', but I still try to be good.
    Tip: Make sure you create an extra save game after you get out in the world again after meeting the president. Because you are indeed almost at the end and you cannot continue playing after finishing the game. So, if you want to do some sidequests and other stuff, you have to reload an older save.

Is Metal Gear Solid coming to the 360 or iPhone or DSi?

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_jp

Gonna focus on Call of Duty 5 and probably Left4Dead in the coming month. I will espesh play me some multiplayer. Fallout 3 looks too sprawling and I fear that I will get bored with it too soon. Speaking of boring, the finale of Gears of War 2 was a disgrace. The rest rocked my world.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Tip: Make sure you create an extra save game after you get out in the world again after meeting the president. Because you are indeed almost at the end and you cannot continue playing after finishing the game. So, if you want to do some sidequests and other stuff, you have to reload an older save.

'sank you!

I'm definately planning on playing it again as a good guy. I shoulda just made a saved game right before nuking megaton so I can watch it over and over.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Should I buy a PSP after Christmas? Are there any major issues with it, such as freezing or anything like that? And can I hook it up to my TV and play games if I want?

I figure this is the last gasp for me and video games. I want to play Madden, NCAA, and MLB games, but I don't want to shell out the cash for a PS3. Plus, this way I can take it with me and play during down time or lunch breaks at work or something. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I don't want a DS because I don't want to bother with a touch screen and I want better graphics.
    Anyone own one who can give me some advice one way or the other? Anyone?

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Anyone own one who can give me some advice one way or the other? Anyone?
    Do you already own an Xbox 360, or are you only wanting a Playstation console? I ask because you can get an Xbox 360 for $199.99, so I don't know why you would pay anywhere from about $120-170 for a PSP.

I realize you like the portability, but I just don't know if the trade-off is worth it. Plus, you shouldn't be playin' games at work, anyway.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

I don't like portable gaming.

I've owned a DS for years and have barely touched it.

The only portable game I ever got into was the original Pokemon games.

I would rather spend the money on a home console.

I think this new Mirror's Edge DLC looks more fun than the actual game. This may be the first time that DLC has made me want a game.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-daily...--113644.phtml

Sorry, KF. I'm really not into portable games either, so I can't help you out.

Unrelated - "Fallout 3" is probably my number 1 game of the year at this point.

50 hours in, I'm sill constantly discovering new things, being challenged by new enemies (damn those Death Claws are tough mothers!), and meeting new people who help me out on my quest.

It outdoes "GTA IV" in every way when it comes to sandbox gaming. For as huge as the map in "GTA IV" is, and as much fun as I had with it, after about 20-25 hours I was getting sick of it. The world - while big on the outside - has very little depth. Only pivitol buildings can be entered, and only crucial characters spoken to.

In "Fallout 3", it's rare that you come across a building you can't enter or explore. In the larger metropolitan areas of DC, there are sections of buildings that are unexplorable, yes, but then there's that entire network of subway tunnels directly underneath.

It's probably the most detailed, comprehensive game world I have ever played in, and despite having maxed out my character, I never get tired of the VATS combat system, or of exploring every nook and cranny.

I love checking out all the different vaults, and how each one seems to be the victim of some twisted scientific experiment gone horribly wrong.

I was actually really creeped out in one of the vaults, where you occasionally have your vision tainted blue and you see people and objects that aren't there. The way it's integrated into the game, I actually thought it was a glitch at first. It wasn't until I got down to the lower levels of the vault that I found a computer terminal loaded with notes about this experimental gas being leaked into the vault, one of the side effects being your vision turning blue.

With such an incredible world here, I'm drooling at the mouth thinking of what Bethesda will be able to do with the next generation of consoles.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Do you already own an Xbox 360, or are you only wanting a Playstation console? I ask because you can get an Xbox 360 for $199.99, so I don't know why you would pay anywhere from about $120-170 for a PSP.

I realize you like the portability, but I just don't know if the trade-off is worth it. Plus, you shouldn't be playin' games at work, anyway.
    I had an Xbox 360, but sold it. With kids, I'm limited in the time I can play it. Some games I obviously can't play until they go to sleep, and when they're awake, we're usually doing something else. Not only that, but when they go to sleep, that's the only time my wife and I have alone together, and she doesn't like video games. Portable gaming is really the best opportunity for me to play. Like I said, I can squeeze in a game of Madden or something on my lunch break, or in the slower months when there isn't as much to do around the store.

Plus, my 360 constantly froze. Especially with Madden, which I was lucky to get through a game and be able to save. I just gave up on it. For the Wii, Madden kind of sucks. The graphics are mediocre, and the Wii controls are lame and annoying. The PSP seems like the best option, as the DS also has mediocre graphics and an annoying touch screen. I've also been told that you can connect component cables from the PSP to an HDTV and play the games that way without losing much resolution, so if I wanted to play at home on the big screen, I still have that option.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it, but I wanted to make sure that the PSP isn't too buggy or have any annoying issues.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    My brother has a PSP.
    I find it to be fairly lame.

Get a Nintendo Game Boy. Those things were badass.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

The DLC for F3 is going to be great. They are releasing a whole new mini-campaign set in Alaska, and then another mini-campaign with the Brotherhood of Steal.

Oh, and that new Riddick game? It's no longer just an HD remake. In addition to the old game being completely remade - new engine, new play mechanics, and new stuff added in - the Dark Athena part of the game is a whole new game with just as much to do as in the first part. So basically, we're getting a complete overhaul of one of the best games ever made plus its direct sequel (Dark Athena takes place mere hours after Butcher Bay) on the same disc, all for $60.

That is damn awesome.