Page 153 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 531031431511521531541551632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    I think Left 4 Dead is my favorite game of the year. It is one of the most satisfying games I've ever played. I can't get enough of it and I haven't really even started versus mode yet.
    same here btw. I can't get enough. and it's different every single time you play!

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Though I hear the final boss is an absolute nightmare.
    Not only that, but the entire game derails spectacularly in the final 30-60 minutes. It's still plenty unforgettable as a whole.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

And the more I read about L4D here, the more I wanna get it. Hope that when I do, I'll be able to join in the online fun with you guys even though I live in a different timezone.

live tag: Morris Schaefer
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Sweet, so the new Riddick game is finally coming out. The original was one of the best games on the Xbox.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Sweet, so the new Riddick game is finally coming out. The original was one of the best games on the Xbox.

Indeed. It's crazy that a movie tie-in game was so bloody fantastic.

They say this is apparently a remake, but much more on top of that as well.

Wiat wait wait wait...maybe the wording of the article was off, but I just read something that said this whole "Black Mesa Source" remake of the original "Half Life" is fan made?

So is this ever going to see the light of day in stores, or is it just some little nerd project that people can download for shits-n-giggles, like "ZDoom"?

I imagine Black Mesa will eventually find its way on to Steam, and I also imagine its creators will find themselves working for Valve. Valve has always supported the mod community. It's a PC mod, so it won't be out in stores or on the 360. It looks like one of the most ambitious mods I've ever seen.

Here is a nice looking CGI trailer for the console version of The Witcher, coming out next year.

I hear it is to be a different game than it's PC brother.

http://kotaku.com/5101361/rise-of-th...teaser-trailer

I want to play the PC version soon.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Wiat wait wait wait...maybe the wording of the article was off, but I just read something that said this whole "Black Mesa Source" remake of the original "Half Life" is fan made?

So is this ever going to see the light of day in stores, or is it just some little nerd project that people can download for shits-n-giggles, like "ZDoom"?
    You say this as if it's a bad thing. Are games only good if you can buy them in stores?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I just did a very nice L4D Dead Air run with two jittery Japanese guys and another guy. It was so funny to hear them shout the names of the infected with the Japanese accent like huneteru, boomeru, suumookeerru. One of them wanted to go for the crowned achievement (killing a witch with a headshot). So he went to position himself near a witch, but when he finally was ready a smoker's tongue grabbed him and dragged him over the witch he was standing at. The witch was startled of course and as we tried to shoot the witch off him someone shot the car she was standing next to and set of the alarm that attracted a fresh horde of zombies. Luckily for him we were playing on normal so he survived the attack. It was glorious.

I keep saying this but this game is amazing. My online co-op experience has been nothing but fantastic. The great majority of the people I've met were kind, worked together, healed each other and just understand that this is a teamwork game. Going rambo just doesn't work. And if you get in a bad group, you'll have no trouble finding another game.

Heh, speaking of bad groups. There was one time where we all basically had a standoff in the safe room, all of us just killing each other, until one person was able to escape, only to make it five feet before being killed by someone still alive in the safe room on the ground.

Game restarted.

Everyone played as if nothing had happened. Hilarious.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    You say this as if it's a bad thing. Are games only good if you can buy them in stores?

No, but I don't play games on my computer, so this pretty much renders my ability to enjoy "Black Mesa Source" null and void.

There's a much more revealing trailer for "Batman: Arkham Asylum" on the DVD of The Dark Knight.

It was pretty awesome.

Okay, having a PlayStation 2 is amazing (I wrote a big long, rambling blog post about it on Sunday if anyone's interested). This entire world of non-Nintendo games has opened up to me.

I was wondering if anyone here might be able to recommend some classic but still readily available (on the used market) and not terribly expensive original PlayStation games. Note that my tastes lean toward Japanese developers, but I'm open to all good games. Already have the three Final Fantasy games for the system.

Have you played Star Ocean: The Second Story, Sycophant? You'd dig that one.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Have you played Star Ocean: The Second Story, Sycophant? You'd dig that one.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I did pick up Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for the PS2 already. But have heard great things about the earlier entries in the series, too.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I did pick up Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for the PS2 already.
    I got a decent way through that one, but my copy got scratched. It's okay, Star Ocean 2's much better IMO. On thing that really struck me about Star Ocean 3 is that it has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard. Star Ocean 2 also has terrible voice acting but you only have to hear it during the battles.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Okay, having a PlayStation 2 is amazing (I wrote a big long, rambling blog post about it on Sunday if anyone's interested). This entire world of non-Nintendo games has opened up to me.
    Awesome. Dude, I've been telling you this for like, 2 years or something. For your taste in games, the Playstation is the place to be.

For your tastes, I would try to track down (not all of these are cheap though):

Tomba 1 and 2 (get these NOW!) - adventure/playtformer (from the creator of the Ghosts 'n Goblins - brilliant games, especially the first)
    Klonoa - platformer
    Suikoden 1 and 2 - RPG
    Wild Arms - RPG
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Vandal Hearts - tactical RPG
    Persona 1
    Parappa the Rapper
    Odd World 1 and 2 - adventure
    Wild 9 - action
    Heart of Darkness - adventure
    Silhouette Mirage - action
    Ape Escape - action platformer
    Tail Concerto - adventure
    Megaman Legends - adventure
    Skullmonkeys - platformer
    Brave Fencer Musashi - action RPG
    Alundra - puzzle-based RPG
    Lunar - RPG
    Azure Dreams - dungeon crawl

There are a ton of awesome PS1 games out there.

I bought my brother The World Ends With You for the DS for Christmas. This is a good game, right? He has kind of Sycophanty tastes.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I bought my brother The World Ends With You for the DS for Christmas. This is a good game, right? He has kind of Sycophanty tastes.
    If his tastes are anything like mine, he should probably like it. I think it's the best game I have on the DS and easily one of the best I've played this year.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Awesome. Dude, I've been telling you this for like, 2 years or something. For your taste in games, the Playstation is the place to be.

For your tastes, I would try to track down (not all of these are cheap though):
    Thanks! I'll save the list for future reference when I hit some used game stores in the area.

I had a couple of people on the home front lobbying for me to get a PS2 for about as long. In two weeks, I've bought more games than I own for my DS. And I haven't even scratched the surface, it seems (though I'm trying to hold myself back a little--this backlog should last me into 2010).

Finished Resistance: Fall of Man. As a narrative experience it's about one step off Doom, but as a gameplay experience it's about 3 steps off Doom. What I'm trying to say is that it was pretty awesome. I liked shooting the aliens.

I got Chrono Trigger for the DS today. I hope it's good.