Page 15 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725651155151015 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

That screenshot of Street Fighter 4 is beautiful, I was so worried they were going to do a 3d version.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    They're not zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They're not? I haven't played it. I thought Resident Evil was all about zombies.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Justin (view post)
    That screenshot of Street Fighter 4 is beautiful, I was so worried they were going to do a 3d version.
    Is it not a spectacularly rendered, cel-shaded graphic? That's what I tought it was. Either way, it's real pretty.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Is it not a spectacularly rendered, cel-shaded graphic? That's what I tought it was. Either way, it's real pretty.
    Apparently it is the first screenshot of the in-game engine, I am sure it has been touched up a little, but still.

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    They're not? I haven't played it. I thought Resident Evil was all about zombies.
    *chuckle*

No, they're not zombies in this one. There was a minor uproar by certain purists about the villagers 'not being zombies'. Personally, I don't care. The game is all kinds of awesome.

I'm gonna have to harrass Spun about getting it back, I'm going through some serious withdrawls. I've lost track of how many times I beat it.

Resident Evil 5 looks absolutely insane.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

"Experienced adult gamers call this the most violent and twisted game every played."
    Maybe these adult writers should learn how to write before posting their article.

Citing a connection between violent video games and a rise in youth crime, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy blasted some of the biggest names in entertainment and urged a holiday boycott of 11 best-selling games.
    Killer 7, best selling? :shock:

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    What was wrong with Guitar Hero III for the Wii?
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    What was wrong with Guitar Hero III for the Wii?
    The only thing I know of is that it is in mono.

I finished Rachet & Clank 2 and I was like "That was fun!", so I bought Rachet & Clank 3. It is also fun.

While that Street Fighter 4 image is very beautiful, I really couldn't care less about that game.

I kind of feel about Street Fighter the same way D_Davis feels about a lot of the old Nintendo franchises - I'm just so tired of these characters and settings, especially in a fighting game where this stuff is arguably more repetitive than a 3D platformer.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I finished Rachet & Clank 2 and I was like "That was fun!", so I bought Rachet & Clank 3. It is also fun.
    The second one is the best of the series (thus far). I anticipate with great relish the PS3 one, where one of the guns shoots out a disco ball and everyone dances.

I finished God Of War II a little while ago. Man, that was one sweet game! Can't wait until Scar gets the third, finishes it, and lends it to me ;-)

Quote Quoting iosos (view post)
    The second one is the best of the series (thus far). I anticipate with great relish the PS3 one, where one of the guns shoots out a disco ball and everyone dances.
    How's Ratcheteadlocked/Gladiator? It doesn't sound as fun.

Quote Quoting iosos (view post)
    I can vouch for the awesomeness of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank. It is so much fun and, yeah, the GrooveTron is all kinds of awesome.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I can vouch for the awesomeness of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank. It is so much fun and, yeah, the GrooveTron is all kinds of awesome.
    I can't wait to get a PS3 and play this and Uncharted. Insomniac and Naughty Dog are both awesome developers. I pray for a Jak game on the PS3.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    How's Ratcheteadlocked/Gladiator? It doesn't sound as fun.
    I found it quite fun... mostly, it's just one big arena-battle section from the games. I think it'd probably work best with two people. That's how I had the most fun with it.

New GTA IV trailer

Too bad there's no real gameplay, just cutscenes I think.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    New GTA IV trailer

Too bad there's no real gameplay, just cutscenes I think.
    Looks reasonably in-game though. Amazing stuff! Great action.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I finished God Of War II a little while ago. Man, that was one sweet game! Can't wait until Scar gets the third, finishes it, and lends it to me ;-)
    Go and lend it to Spun, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

I'm tempted to pick up a new game for the PS3, and I think Ratchet and Clank might be leading the list.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    While that Street Fighter 4 image is very beautiful, I really couldn't care less about that game.

I kind of feel about Street Fighter the same way D_Davis feels about a lot of the old Nintendo franchises - I'm just so tired of these characters and settings, especially in a fighting game where this stuff is arguably more repetitive than a 3D platformer.
    I thought the visuals on that Street 4 pic look superb, at least artistically they seem to be on the right track, the choice of a more illustrated look instead of the saturated HDR/bump-mapped look of most next-gen games actually feels fresh and closer to the classic arcade, more cartoony and colorful looks.

But i also agree with you that my expectations for the gameplay are nearly impossible to match. SF2 was a revolution for the genre, and while 3 was more refined and plays great, it lacked the feeling of innovation and most of the new characters were uber-lame. 4 has become this almost mythical 'saviour of the fighting genre' to me. I'm screwed.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    I can't wait to get a PS3 and play this and Uncharted. Insomniac and Naughty Dog are both awesome developers. I pray for a Jak game on the PS3.
    I played a demo of Uncharted on my neighbor's PS3. It's a pretty fun game! The graphics are pretty cool. Has an Indiana Jones - meets Solid Snake sorta vibe to it.

I played a demo of Uncharted on my neighbor's PS3. It's a pretty fun game! The graphics are pretty cool. Has an Indiana Jones - meets Solid Snake sorta vibe to it.
    I'm not a huge proponent of Solid Snake. Sure, he's cool as shit, but, goddamn, I hate sneaking around!

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I'm not a huge proponent of Solid Snake. Sure, he's cool as shit, but, goddamn, I hate sneaking around!
    I hate the Metal Gear games. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, game play, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. They also suffer from some of the most archaic gameplay mechanics I've ever experienced.

Well, during the demo of Uncharted, there were a lot of firefights, and you could hide behind rocks and duck under walls to avoid getting hit. That was what kinda gave it a Solid Snake vibe - there was a bit of sneaking to get yourself into a better position to take someone out or to line yourself up a better shot, but thats it, really. You can't Rambo your way through. You need to be a bit stealthy about it.

To be sure, you're out to kill everybody in your way, not sneak around them and then engage in a philosophical discussion about the unbearable lightness of being.

One thing that I thought was particularly cool about the game was you could control the trajectory of your grenades by tilting the controller back and forth.

Well, during the demo of Uncharted, there were a lot of firefights, and you could hide behind rocks and duck under walls to avoid getting hit. That was what kinda gave it a Solid Snake vibe - there was a bit of sneaking to get yourself into a better position to take someone out or to line yourself up a better shot, but thats it, really. You can't Rambo your way through. You need to be a bit stealthy about it.

To be sure, you're out to kill everybody in your way, not sneak around them and then engage in a philosophical discussion about the unbearable lightness of being.

One thing that I thought was particularly cool about the game was you could control the trajectory of your grenades by tilting the controller back and forth.
    Ah. Duck and cover is more then alright with me. Thats what I love about Resistance Fall of Man. A shitload of shooting, but you gotta know what you're doing!