Page 130 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 30801201281291301311321401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Ah. Thats what I was missing.

Hilarious. Kill him.

Oh, I'm a five star bartender. Thats the best job. The woodcutting and blacksmithing gets pretty tough, though I'm four star in both. I'm becoming quite the real estate mogul too. I also own the inn over the hobbe cave.

God I love this game. That spire shit was crazy. I'm wrapping up a ton of side missions before talking to the thief. The last mission I completed was retrieving body parts of Lady Grey for Dr. Victor. Then she fell in love with me, not him. Yes...I have an undead girlfriend. I wonder if I can have undead kids.

Hah, great!

I think I'm at the same part of the story as you and I'm going to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to finish most of the sidequests now before finishing the main story quest.

I also just did that Love Hurts quest too today, but I choose to let her fall in love with that guy. Mostly because I want to play the "good" guy now. When I play the game again in couple months, I'm going to got he "evil" route.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Hah, great!

I think I'm at the same part of the story as you and I'm going to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to finish most of the sidequests now before finishing the main story quest.

I also just did that Love Hurts quest too today, but I choose to let her fall in love with that guy. Mostly because I want to play the "good" guy now. When I play the game again in couple months, I'm going to got he "evil" route.

I'm playing the good route as well. Surprisingly letting her fall for me didn't go down as evil or good. I love being absolutely good. It's hard for me to be bad. Hero complex. :lol:

I just found and completed the first hero's quest - Hammer.

That was awesome. I love the cave with all the undead.

The game is quite fun, and beautiful to look at.

However, it lacks a certain polish that I expect from a AAA title:

Sometimes, I cannot lock on to an enemy and use my gun - the buttons fail to do anything. Other times, when in an enemy is out of lock on range, rather than do nothing the camera spins around and around in circles.

The movement and hit detection can be weird at times as well. I like how the character will move sideways through thin passages, but I hate how he does this when he is too close to a wall, thus slowing him down when he shouldn't.

The menus are also troublesome. They take too long to access - not very long, but just long enough to where I notice and think that something is wrong.

Also, unless I am mistaken, there is no way to check your old equipment's strength when buying new equipment. Is there not a "compare" feature to make sure that what you are buying is actually better than what you have? Most games have a little red or green arrow showing this.

These are all problems that a) should have been pointed out in Q&A, and b) could have easily been fixed before launch.

Again, however, these problems do not interfere with how fun everything else is.

I've stopped using the lock on feature, unless fighting a boss. I just point the stick till the enemy is highlighted, and blast away. I like to melee an enemy, and spin around to blast one sneaking up on me with the blunderbuss, then turn back to the original enemy. Awesome.

Yes, their is no compare feature. You have check how strong they are before you go to the buy menu. Sucks, but oh well.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm playing the good route as well. Surprisingly letting her fall for me didn't go down as evil or good. I love being absolutely good. It's hard for me to be bad. Hero complex. :lol:
    Oh crap, I should've done that then too! I really thought I would get evil points for stealing the love of his life.

D, I completely agree with all that you've said. And like you, I also am still having a lot of fun with game despite the flaws/bugs.

As for the combat, I'm hardly ever use the range weapons. I'm more of a melee guy. I usually use the time control spell first and then slash away. Works great.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    UPDATE: My wife left me because I'm never around. I told her she couldn't leave because I was throwing her out for never putting out. Bitch! Oh, and I'm keeping the house too. Rent that shit out, put some coin in my pocket, gonna get me a hooker in Bloodstone.

It took me a second to realize that you were talking about the game.

I couldn't figure out why you seemed so damn 'lax about your wife leaving you.

:lol:
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    It took me a second to realize that you were talking about the game.

I couldn't figure out why you seemed so damn 'lax about your wife leaving you.

Same thing happened here. Ha.

But if I play that game, I surely plan on having my character rot his dick out by contacting multiple STDs with multiple partners. Create an army of kids as well.

Who cares about the story...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That's why I typed it that way. Faaaaar more funny to the un-coffee'd eye.

Been playing more "Fallout 3" probably a total of about 2 hours now.

I'm baffled as to how you can possibly get things done in this game. I just keep getting more and more quests. Quest after quest after quest gets added to my PipBoy, and none of them are getting finished.

The first one I got was to deactivate the nuke in Megaton, but I have no idea how to go about this.

Then I went to deliver the letter to that girl's family who turn out to have been murdered, and I have to find her little brother who is missing. But I have no idea where I'm supposed to go looking for him.

I'm just totally overwhelmed by the game, because there's so much that has to be done and not much of it makes sense to me regarding how I should complete the task.

Dude - just relax.

It's just a game.

Part of the fun of these kinds of games is in taking your time, exploring the world, and discovering what it has to offer.

Don't look at your quest log as some kind of NEED TO DO NOW! list. Look at it as a guide pointing in certain directions towards things to be done when you get there.

It's all about the journey - the times in between the points.

In other news, I enjoyed the heck out of the "Mirror's Edge" demo.

I still freaking love the music. It's cool how a lot of the music in the game and its menus consists entirely of variations of that one song, "Still Alive". It gives this great, bitter-sweet feeling to the action and story.

And I love the animated cutscenes.

It controls like a dream, and you can do some incredible things.

I may not give two shits about the whole parkour sport and lifestyle, but this is a cool game.

Fallout 3 sounds like my type of game. No set pattern on where to go, and endless possibilities.

Is the battle system fun? That's what kept me away from the original Morrowind.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Fallout 3 sounds like my type of game. No set pattern on where to go, and endless possibilities.

Is the battle system fun? That's what kept me away from the original Morrowind.

I enjoy it, but it took some getting used to.

You have action points, which instantly recharge after you've used them.

You use them in the VATS system, where the game pauses, and you choose what body part(s) to focus your attacks on. Then it goes into a cinematic slow-motion as you blast away at those parts, and spend the action points.

VERY gory. Blowing someone's head off results in a huge fountain of gushing blood and gore.

I enjoy it, but it took some getting used to.

You have action points, which instantly recharge after you've used them.

You use them in the VATS system, where the game pauses, and you choose what body part(s) to focus your attacks on. Then it goes into a cinematic slow-motion as you blast away at those parts, and spend the action points.

VERY gory. Blowing someone's head off results in a huge fountain of gushing blood and gore.
    Hmm... I'll have to play it to see if I like it. Typically I don't like systems where it stops like that.

The old Final Fantasy turn-based system drove me nuts sometimes. Luckily I was intrigued by the story enough to at least make it to the third disc. Never finished them.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Hmm... I'll have to play it to see if I like it. Typically I don't like systems where it stops like that.

The old Final Fantasy turn-based system drove me nuts sometimes. Luckily I was intrigued by the story enough to at least make it to the third disc. Never finished them.

I was worried about the stopping being an interruption, but it actually flows really nicely.

You just click the shoulder button, it pauses and a chart pops up on the enemy's body. You choose where to attack, then press A and sit back to watch the violence unfold.

This is what pops up when you press the VATS button. Those percentages show the percentage chance you have of hitting the body part it corresponds with.

And there are some really cool weapons.

I already got a gun called a "Fat Boy", which shoots mini tactical nukes. How cool is that?

And if you up your stats in being able to make and repair things, you can find a work-bench and use collected materials to build your own weapons with custom stats.

That xtreme-slow-motion-body-parts-exploding-in-pillars of blood thing sounds annoying as hell. I'm interested enough in the rest of Fallout 3 that I'll buy it eventually though. Too many PS3 games I want to play.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    World of Goo is ridiculously awesome.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Yeah, is it all slo-mo? Otherwise it doesn't sound all that bad.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, is it all slo-mo? Otherwise it doesn't sound all that bad.

In VATS, yes, it's all slow-mo.

But you can also approach it like a shooter, and just aim your reticle at the enemy and fire away.

I don't suggest that, though. It's really clunky.

In VATS, yes, it's all slow-mo.

But you can also approach it like a shooter, and just aim your reticle at the enemy and fire away.

I don't suggest that, though. It's really clunky.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see when I try it then.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Played through the "Mirror's Edge" demo again.

There are so many refreshing things in the game.

-Being rewarded for playing non-violently. Disarming foes rather than taking their gun and blowing them away.

-A strong female lead who doesn't have impossibly large breasts and ass; Faith is very attractive, but also believably strong and agile...she looks real

And I haven't felt so free in a game in a while. Granted, the demo is limited, but man, it was incredible to scale buildings, jump these incredible distances, practically feel the wind as I swooshed down a long cable.

I hope the whole game is this fun.

Played through the "Mirror's Edge" demo again.

There are so many refreshing things in the game.

-Being rewarded for playing non-violently. Disarming foes rather than taking their gun and blowing them away.

-A strong female lead who doesn't have impossibly large breasts and ass; Faith is very attractive, but also believably strong and agile...she looks real

And I haven't felt so free in a game in a while. Granted, the demo is limited, but man, it was incredible to scale buildings, jump these incredible distances, practically feel the wind as I swooshed down a long cable.

I hope the whole game is this fun.
    Yes, I got a chance to play this at PAX but the demo is much more impressive. I don't know if the controls have been tweaked or what but I fell much more comfortable. The build I played there combined the tutorial and the level the demo has.

Back when EDGE magazine got the uber exclusive on this thing I was pretty stoked but none of the sites had picked it up yet and nobody else cared. I tried to explain how awesome the game was going to be and failed. I kind of didn't care for awhile and the PAX play session did little to ignite my interest but this demo has me excited again, except for those cartoon cut scenes. They kinda suck.

EDIT: OH an I'm gonna pimpBreakdownquick cause they totally rippedthatgameoff.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!

The animated cut scenes rock!

So I just played another 2 hours of "Fallout 3". Colour me officially addicted. If I didn't have to work in 2 hours, I'd totally pull an all-nighter with this one.

I just fixed the comm. array for Three Dog, and then disarmed the nuke in Megaton. Now I have my own place, and a robot butler who tells me jokes.

Nooch.