Page 1259 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 25975911591209124912571258125912601261 ... LastLast
Results 31,451 to 31,475 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

You're exactly where I was when I was loving Returnal.

The 3rd world is stupid hard to the point where I was beating my head against a wall for 12 hours. Stopped being fun.

I will return to the game if they patch some sort of save system in at some point.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

- - - - -
    Anyone into horror/zombie games or FP shooters?

I've spent the weekend working on a side project with twitch streams of Back4Blood playing in the background.

The campaign mode looks pretty hardcore, ie actually difficult.

There's a PvP mode where 1 side plays as human survivors and the other side plays as zombies.

Thought it might be fun to get together a Match Cut team for a couple of nights and play together.

Game comes out in October and apparently supports cross-play --- so XBox can play with PS5 can play with PC.

Any interest?

PS: There's also friendly fire, so if nothing else this is your chance to shoot me in the back of the head.

I'm dying to play it.

bac0n and I used to play L4D regularly. Completely plastered, and seeing how far we could get using frying pans.

Hoping we can get up to some similar shenanigans.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Which CoD has a better single player campaign...

Modern Warfare (the recent one, not 4)
    World at War
    Anything has a better single player campaign than World at War. It's the worst in the franchise.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    It's pretty wild; at least in the cases of meta-markets like the "skin gambling" in Counter-Strike, that's widely accepted as gambling and disallowed (Valve moved to shut that stuff down, but did not make any meaningful changes to the in-game market itself as I recall). I do remember a case in Europe blowing up a while back though and EA specifically getting into legal trouble with its FIFA games, so I did a quick search which led me to this PC Gamer article from 2018:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/the-legal-st...nd-whats-next/

Conversely, the regulation/legislation section of the wikipedia article on loot boxes seems pretty comprehensive:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loot_box

It was the Netherlands and Belgium where this stuff was being challenged. EA did not accept the results of the Commission in Belgium but as per the wiki article they did eventually stop sales of the FIFA UT packs in 2019 after the Commission went to the courts to seek legal action against them. EA actually tried to sue in the Netherlands and lost their case (LOL). Also interesting to note that companies like Valve and Blizzard voluntarily modified their games in those regions in response to what was happening with EA (Valve patched them out, Blizzard removed the ability to buy them with money). Mostly, however, at least in North America/Europe, it seems no real legal challenges have been presented and the industry is merely recommended to self-regulate... which leads to rating boards like PEGI to declare that it's not up to them to determine what is or isn't gambling (LOL). The ESRB is more explicit in openly declaring them NOT gambling and using prior legal challenges to trading cards as precedent.

But worth noting that some Asian countries do also regulate to some extent, particularly China which bans the sale of "lottery ticket" items and passed legislation requiring games to display the payout rates of loot boxes and even modify algorithms to guarantee payout rates on rare items over a set amount of loot boxes(!). I didn't realize how different the experience for something like Overwatch is across the world as such but it's interesting to think about (you can buy loot boxes here, you can't buy them in the Netherlands/Belgium but you can earn them as in-game rewards, you can't buy them in China but you can earn them as rewards and the game is actually transparent about the percentage chances of finding rare category items per box with potentially modified algorithms for that market alone(?)).
    I have a friend who has several steam accounts maxed out with the amount of money you can have on them, due to the gambling wins from that counterstrike gambling era.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Anyone into horror/zombie games or FP shooters?

I've spent the weekend working on a side project with twitch streams of Back4Blood playing in the background.

The campaign mode looks pretty hardcore, ie actually difficult.

There's a PvP mode where 1 side plays as human survivors and the other side plays as zombies.

Thought it might be fun to get together a Match Cut team for a couple of nights and play together.

Game comes out in October and apparently supports cross-play --- so XBox can play with PS5 can play with PC.

Any interest?

PS: There's also friendly fire, so if nothing else this is your chance to shoot me in the back of the head.
    Count me in. If the upcoming aliens game is any good, I'd be down for that too.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Somebody better be streaming that shit so I can watch it.

I have been craving a shooter which is why I asked about the CoD games earlier.

Completely forgot they're by Activision.

Until there is meaningful reform in the company's practices, and it is acknowledged by the staff that the environment has changed, I will not be giving a single cent to Activision/Blizzard.

I am DYING to play Diablo 2 Remastered, but until things change there...nope.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Somebody better be streaming that shit so I can watch it.
    Duke's our only streamer. I believe.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Duke's our only streamer. I believe.
    I played the shit out of it last Thursday but I didn't think I was allowed to stream it yet since it's still in beta.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I played the shit out of it last Thursday but I didn't think I was allowed to stream it yet since it's still in beta.
    Think Skitch wants it streamed with us at the helm.

So is it... good?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It's very good.

It's very good.
    BUYING IT.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Idioteque, how have you found the PS5 UI so far?

I find it makes a lot of the user profile stuff really tough to find or navigate.

For example, the other day a coworker sent me a friend request. It popped up on the screen as I was taking a sip of water and I didn't hit the PS button fast enough before it disappeared. Now I cannot for the life of me find where my pending friend requests are so I can accept. It is nowhere to be found on my friends list, profile page, anywhere.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Idioteque, how have you found the PS5 UI so far?

I find it makes a lot of the user profile stuff really tough to find or navigate.
    Honestly I haven't messed with the UI much at all, I've only played two games (Demon's Souls and Returnal, as promised, and I'm knee-deep in both and loving it). I will say the whole system is freaking fast. In terms of load times, the PS4 was a marginal upgrade compared to the PS5.

Been playing Resident Evil: Village the last few days, and let's just say that the [
    ] is an all-time Resident Evil moment.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

What the hell man. VO artist for Cortana murdered

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/g...FFulkLsvhPnThE

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Been playing Resident Evil: Village the last few days, and let's just say that the [
    ] is an all-time Resident Evil moment.
    If you mean the [
    ] then yes. Never been more terrified in a RE game than that moment.

I didn't realize how much of The Surge I'd actually played.

In me memory it was only a couple of hours, an area or two. But I seem to be quite far into the game this time and I'm still in areas that I've seen.

I think a big part of this is just how samey everything looks. Industrial corridors and junkyards are all you ever see.

I hope The Surge 2 has some more varied environments.

I will say I love how weighty it all feels. I currently have a weapon that is almost like a helicopter blade that is grafted onto my right arm, and the windup and follow through of the blows feels so heavy and physically taxing to do. It's really cool.

If you mean the [
    ] then yes. Never been more terrified in a RE game than that moment.
    That's the one.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Put a few hours into Hades and I dig it, and I can see why everyone raved about it, but at the same time ... Dead Cells?

Hades has great mechanics and movement but I think some of the choices -- multiple currencies, weird RPG trees, lotsa dialogues -- kill the game's momentum.

Also not a fan of the "challenge room" mechanic. I like exploration in my roguelites, no matter how shallow it may be. This game just runs me through a gauntlet and occasionally tosses out a boon. All the rooms look the same so far. There's no variation in environment. All fine bc the game's combat is great, just not my overall preference.

I'll play it a bit more for the helluva it. It's much better than the other Supergiant games but still ... when I quit to desktop, I immediately re-downloaded Dead Cells.

- - - - -
    Also watched some dudes livestream Diablo II: Resurrected on twitch. Can't go for very long bc hearing this music again sends me back to ~1996 and makes my head spin.

My resolve to shun all things Blizzard is weakening tho, and I find myself actively rationalizing buying the game. Don't think I can do it, but the pull is strong.

I loved Hades. Played it to death on Switch. May re-buy on PS5.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Also watched some dudes livestream Diablo II: Resurrected on twitch. Can't go for very long bc hearing this music again sends me back to ~1996 and makes my head spin.

My resolve to shun all things Blizzard is weakening tho, and I find myself actively rationalizing buying the game. Don't think I can do it, but the pull is strong.
    I canceled my preorder over the Activision shit. I guess I'll have to play it in another life.

I imagine this is a problem on both PS5 and PS4 (maybe other consoles, too) but I experienced it on the PS5 last night.

As I mentioned in Random Thoughts, my router died out of the blue yesterday afternoon.

Jen went to fire up Stardew Valley. And even though it is not an online game, she can't play it without connecting to the internet.

The licenses for purchased games all exist online, so every game I have on my PS5 that I don't actually own a physical disc for is unplayable until my network is back up and running.

It does give the message that you can go into account settings and allow licenses to be downloaded to the system so games can be played online...but that doesn't do me any good, as I need the internet to do that.

So, long story short, if you live somewhere with connectivity issues, you should probably go into your account settings and set that up before you end up unable to play any of your digital games.