Page 1239 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 239739113911891229123712381239124012411249 ... LastLast
Results 30,951 to 30,975 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    It’s in his contract.
    I get that.

It's still gross.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Got my third clear in Hades!

This time with the fists. I got some crazy powerups that felt like I practically broke the game (and that's a feeling this game excels at...I love it).

I've now beaten Hades with the gun, the fists, and the shield.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    PS3, Vita and PSP stores reportedly shutting down.

I hope they have a solution for digital games.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Atomic Heart looks wild.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    PS3, Vita and PSP stores reportedly shutting down.

I hope they have a solution for digital games.
    I better hurry up and spend my last few credits and download some something.

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see how much love Titanfall 2 gets from both critics and players.

It really is one of the best FPS campaigns of all time.

Since I can't get a PS5, there haven't been any new games for me in a while. Enter Loop Hero to save the day. Totally my thing! Wish I could play it on my switch.

Any idea when the PS5 is going to be more routinely available? I'm done buying PS4 games and certainly not desperate enough to refresh the Target page every day.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Any idea when the PS5 is going to be more routinely available? I'm done buying PS4 games and certainly not desperate enough to refresh the Target page every day.
    When will we get back to normal with the pandemic? Then.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

When will we get back to normal with the pandemic? Then.
    I guess as long as it's before the Next Gen sports games for 2022 would be the most ideal.

My brother and I basically keep connected by playing a Franchise Mode of Madden. We'll draft teams and just play the games against each other, while simulating the rest and going all in on the drafts/free agency. We skipped this season since it was literally a copy and paste of the year before since they didn't give a shit about the Madden product this year so they could focus on next gen consoles.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

There's a massive microchip shortage worldwide that's affecting console production as well as graphics cards, even car manufacturing.

Honestly E, I would wait. I wish I did.

There's barely anything available for it, and there are some awful bugs and poor design choices.

Migrating games from PS4 to PS5, or upgrading the games that can be upgraded, is a massive pain in the ass.

With all the dumb petitions gamers have made over the years, why can't they make a petition for 6 Days in Fallujah to be scrapped?

That game shouldn't exist. Offensively tone deaf.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    That game shouldn't exist.
    Why not?

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Why not?
    It takes a conflict where the USA committed horrific war crimes and portrays them as valiant heroes.

The game's pitch and marketing thus far focuses heavily on US forces who invaded Fallujah, and has either minimized or often even excluded stories from Iraqi civilians.

A game like Six Days in Fallujah runs the risk of contributing to an ongoing culture of generalized, racist, and dehumanizing portrayals of Arab, Muslim, and Middle Eastern cultures across all entertainment, and especially FPS games.

Publisher Victura has numerous verifiable past ties to the US military, making it difficult to trust that Six Days in Fallujah is not at best unintentional, or at worst very intentional, US military propaganda.

Six Days in Fallujah has had minimal and often contradictory messaging as to how it will address the controversial political contexts around the Second Battle of Fallujah, including the documented (if denied) war crimes allegedly committed by US forces.

Yeh, damn all these people. They should all loose their jobs and go on unemployment.

Yeh, damn all these people. They should all loose their jobs and go on unemployment.

Yep, totally what I said.

A developer should have the right to create their game, even if the game looks bad or has an insensitive social message. US Military propaganda is all over TV, movies, even other video games (most FPSs do the exact same things this article claims to be inexcusable, except this is based on "real events/people" rather than unspecified events/people which everybody nonetheless understands to be stand-ins for the real thing) -- the only reason this game is being petitioned rather than Call of Duty (which receives ~90 on metacritic every year/installment) is because gamers have found an easy target on which to unload their pent-up guilt from continuously engaging with questionable entertainment. If we want games to be accepted as art, we shouldn't police every game that operates from a bold perspective (even if it fails).

Anways, it looks stupid and not fun. Why does the character walk so slow?

I didn't say they shouldn't have the right to make the game. Jeez guys.

The game has been in development hell for over 10 years.

The fight over the past 12 months to get it made seems incredibly tone deaf to the current world political climate.

Games get abandoned all the time. This should have been one of them.

Allegedly.

Allegedly committed war crimes.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I didn't say they shouldn't have the right to make the game. Jeez guys.
    I'm not coming for you. But when you said it "shouldn't exist" and "why can't it be scrapped," it felt like you were saying it shouldn't exist or that it should be scrapped.
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 03-27-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I'm not coming for you. But when you said it "shouldn't exist" and "why can't it be scrapped," it felt like you were saying it shouldn't exist or that it should be scrapped.
    I do think it shouldn't exist, but I'm not talking censorship. I'm saying the developers should have some common sense and better taste, to know that this project seems a little cringey.

People forget that in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, you literally walk through an airport killing civilians.

94 Metacritic

I do think it shouldn't exist, but I'm not talking censorship. I'm saying the developers should have some common sense and better taste, to know that this project seems a little cringey.
    To be fair, your post also implied that cancel culture should cancel it.

"why can't they make a petition for 6 Days in Fallujah to be scrapped?

That game shouldn't exist"

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Allegedly.

Allegedly committed war crimes.
    Whether the USA actually used white phosphorous on civilians (they probably did) is beside the point.

Even against enemy combatants, its use is considered a war crime in the Chemical Weapons Convention. And the USA flat out confirmed that they did use it against enemy soldiers.