Page 1223 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 223723112311731213122112221223122412251233 ... LastLast
Results 30,551 to 30,575 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

I've only made it about an hour into Skyrim. Always encumbered. I cannot leave shit behind. Maybe I will try again and just really train myself to not pick shit up.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    How do they arrive at THAT number?
    The founders lost a billion on paper because the stock tanked due to these launch issuess. The company didn't lose shit; they said earlier they've already made back their development and marketing costs on the project.

rather than to hit a projected release window.
    I have no way of knowing, of course, but my gut says there was pressure to hit their dates from both Sony and Microsoft.

What I don't get is why they insisted on releasing on 5 different platforms (and 6 difference architectures) simultaneously. They should have pushed last gen consoles to next year. If they had done that, nobody would be complaining right now. Instead they released junk, lied about it, and destroyed the good will they established with Witcher 3. Like ... why? This'll end up being way more expensive than what they made over launch weekend.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

What I don't get is why they insisted on releasing on 5 different platforms (and 6 difference architectures) simultaneously. They should have pushed last gen consoles to next year. If they had done that, nobody would be complaining right now. Instead they released junk, lied about it, and destroyed the good will they established with Witcher 3. Like ... why? This'll end up being way more expensive than what they made over launch weekend.
    Probably a bad move to skip or delay the release of a game on the biggest install base available right now.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Just spitballing here, maybe this is a dumb idea...how about not announcing release dates until you have a realistic viable product and window? This seems to happen an awful lot in the video game industry.

- - - - -
    In other news: I am now an orc wieding a huge f'ng axe. Explored some ruins, killed some bandits, fought a giant spider who kept spitting venom at me, cut down a guy who tried to steal my treasure, and got jumped by 3 skeletons who came alive in the middle of a crypt. The map is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge so I'll be getting lost in this game until sometime next year.

I may need to revise my low opinion of Bethesda now because this game rocks.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Just spitballing here, maybe this is a dumb idea...how about not announcing release dates until you have a realistic viable product and window? This seems to happen an awful lot in the video game industry.
    Because then you'll turn into Valve.

Publicly traded companies can't operate this way.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Probably a bad move to skip or delay the release of a game on the biggest install base available right now.
    Better that then release an unplayable version that pisses off the base and destroys your brand.

These dudes went beyond No Man Sky nonsense and are now deep into a Fallout 76 style fuckup.

- - - - -
    Because then you'll turn into Valve
    lol, zing! good post

Better that then release an unplayable version that pisses off the base and destroys your brand.

These dudes went beyond No Man Sky nonsense and are now deep into a Fallout 76 style fuckup.
    I'd say both Fallout and No Man's Sky were much worse launches.

If you have free time, I'd recommend everyone check both these videos of the history of both games. They are hilariously entertaining and accurate.

The Fallout one explains why it was just a shitty idea from the beginning. And the No Man's Sky really dives deep into what makes a AAA level game, from a developer's point of view. (spoiler alert, it wasn't really the dev's fault, but 99.9% on Sony)

If you have free time, I'd recommend everyone check both these videos of the history of both games. They are hilariously entertaining and accurate.
    I started watching these videos again starting with the No Man's Sky one, and LOL in the first 2 minutes. (Hello games going back and pitching game ideas for their next project after Joe Danger)

LOL @ reverse battle royal where the circle gets bigger and Cyberpunk 1977 and "Dark Souls but really easy"

I assume the pressure to release is because if they delayed PS4/X-box 1 any longer, it was at risk of just not being released at all. By this point next year, it's basically PS5/X-Box whatever moving forward. So I just figure they had to put out what they had for those platforms, and take the L.

My friend has had similar feedback to Duke in that there are frequent glitches, but he's having a ton of fun with the game and has been playing all week.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

There's a lot of things I forgot... damn these videos are great.

Because then you'll turn into Valve.

Publicly traded companies can't operate this way.
    But you could have all the internal deadlines you wanted. Do they have to announce them outside?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    But you could have all the internal deadlines you wanted. Do they have to announce them outside?
    I mean, almost every company that sells a product does this. My company announces products all the time and sometimes needs to delay our release due to all kinds of factors. Sometimes in our control (SW) or sometimes outside of our control (inventor or vendor delays).

I mean, almost every company that sells a product does this.
    I know they do, I just dont see why its necessary to inform the public of an exact date. You could create buzz about the product without specifically naming a date.

I'm a moron though, what do I know lol. I'm sure they have their reasons. I just don't think its worked great for the video game industry. Or maybe the video game fanbase is just that toxic that they lose their shit if its a month or two off.

Holy shit, Cyberpunk 2077 removed from the PS store completely. Any and all players who bought it digitally can get a refund.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

That is unprecedented. Insane.

I wonder if there are PS5 players who blew through the game and are now getting refunds.

- - - - -
    It's similar because all 3 ceos lied about the state of their games prior to launch.

It's worse because this is the biggest release of the year, and variations of "Sony pulled Cyberpunk from its store" will be repeated everywhere -- in social posts, news items, game reviews --- for the next decade, right next to the name "CD Projekt Red."

They should fire the CEO, reform the company, and change their name, lol. I can't think of another way they'll get out from under this.

ETA: It's also worse for previously stated reasons. NMS misrepresented itself, 76 was a buggy mess, but iirc both of them actually ran in some rough form on all the platforms they released on. That isn't true of Cyberpunk.
    Last edited by Irish; 12-18-2020 at 03:08 AM.

LOL @ reverse battle royal where the circle gets bigger
    This one caught my attention. And GTA whole world.

EDIT: fuck it they're all hilarious. Turn based COD!!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

In other news: I am now an orc wieding a huge f'ng axe. Explored some ruins, killed some bandits, fought a giant spider who kept spitting venom at me, cut down a guy who tried to steal my treasure, and got jumped by 3 skeletons who came alive in the middle of a crypt. The map is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge so I'll be getting lost in this game until sometime next year.

I may need to revise my low opinion of Bethesda now because this game rocks.
    Lost track of how many times I played it. Strongly recommend checking out dual wielding.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Sorry to repeat myself, but with this Cyberpunk stuff, this truly has been the worst console launch ever.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Sorry to repeat myself, but with this Cyberpunk stuff, this truly has been the worst console launch ever.
    This is now correct with Sony pulling it from PSN. Is it vindication you seek?

This is now correct with Sony pulling it from PSN. Is it vindication you seek?
    Not seeking anything. Just think it's hilarious how every facet of this launch failed so substantially. It's astounding.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Lost track of how many times I played it. Strongly recommend checking out dual wielding.
    I tried this last night! Started an elf assassin/archer. Very satisfying to sneak attack mobs at range. Still getting the hang of melee, so dual wielding daggers almost got me killed a couple of times lol.

My big problem right now is deciding on a build. I wanna go melee first time, but every skill I've tried so far is fun. Heavy armor and block? Fucking coooooool. Or stealth and archery? Hmmmm goddamn.

This game also reminds me that, in my heart, I am a digital plebe. It's like: Ooooh, I can smelt ore and tan leather and make my own gear? HELL YES. Oh, the local farmhand lost his family heirloom to some bandits? SIGN ME UP I'M ON IT