Page 1200 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2007001100115011901198119912001201120212101250 ... LastLast
Results 29,976 to 30,000 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Well, I'm guessing he will be the villain towards the Suicide Squad, who are a group of bad guys.

I would be pretty shocked if they took a "Superman is a bad guy" approach, unless it's some stupid brainwashing / possession story.
    They made it work in the Injustice games. Maybe they’ll go the same route with Suicide Squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

They could always get quirky and have it be Bizarro Superman.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I cannot for the life of me find DUSK on the Switch eShop.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh my. It's glorious.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh my. It's glorious.
    I got Ion Fury, and it's a ton of fun.

But I'm dying to play DUSK and I can't find it in the shop, despite it being listed as available on NS.

As expected, Grounded mode announced for The Last of Us Part 2. Also a permadeath mode! The game's length made getting the platinum pretty grueling, so I'll wait a bit for grounded mode. And as much as I love permadeath games, this doesn't feel like one to me. Regardless, how long will it take for someone to beat grounded mode on permadeath? Seems inconceivable to me, but it'll probably take about 0.3 seconds.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    As expected, Grounded mode announced for The Last of Us Part 2. Also a permadeath mode! The game's length made getting the platinum pretty grueling, so I'll wait a bit for grounded mode. And as much as I love permadeath games, this doesn't feel like one to me. Regardless, how long will it take for someone to beat grounded mode on permadeath? Seems inconceivable to me, but it'll probably take about 0.3 seconds.
    Just save your game data after every session.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Some 11 year old in South Korea probably already modded the game to have permadeath and beat it using a first gen Guitar Hero guitar controller while blindfolded.

Total playtime was 35 seconds.

Is it possible for gamers to be happy with anything?

When Halo: Infinite was shown a few weeks back, gamers were pissed about the visuals and said it wasn't up to par for next gen.

Microsoft just announced that they're delaying it to 2021 to clean it up and make it better, and the same gamers are angry that they won't have Halo: Infinite at launch, and are blasting Microsoft for "not standing by their product".

Seriously...what do you want?

I view most gamers like this:

I'm currently going through my annual 'I wanna build/own my own arcade cabinet' phase. Anyone got any experience with that? Doing a YouTube search for HQ Megacade Will yield some sick videos, complete with lightgun support and 65000 games for hundreds of systems. But they're pre-built and cost 5 grand. Seems a smart way to start Building one is buying a raspberry pi 3 or 4 mini pc for 50-100 bucks. Anyway, huge dream!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Is it possible for gamers to be happy with anything?

When Halo: Infinite was shown a few weeks back, gamers were pissed about the visuals and said it wasn't up to par for next gen.

Microsoft just announced that they're delaying it to 2021 to clean it up and make it better, and the same gamers are angry that they won't have Halo: Infinite at launch, and are blasting Microsoft for "not standing by their product".

Well, you're probably not literally seeing the same group of people react.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I'm currently going through my annual 'I wanna build/own my own arcade cabinet' phase. Anyone got any experience with that? Doing a YouTube search for HQ Megacade Will yield some sick videos, complete with lightgun support and 65000 games for hundreds of systems. But they're pre-built and cost 5 grand. Seems a smart way to start Building one is buying a raspberry pi 3 or 4 mini pc for 50-100 bucks. Anyway, huge dream!
    I'd like to do the same, but my place doesn't have the space for it. I'm kind of relieved in a way.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I designed a cabinet to house all my old systems with the intention of swappable controllers. Even to unlock the protruding controller section and rotate 180 degrees (by mounting a lazy susan between the cab and controller section) so you could have four controllers (2 per system) already set. I thought it was a neat idea. Haven't built it yet tho. Not for this house.

Ion Fury is good, but holy hell it is hard.

Oh shit

It's been out for a while.

I got it. Neat concept and visuals, but the controls are garbage.

Walked into the Elk River, MN Walmart to audit them. Finished up, grabbed a couple things, and wandered to electronics. Scarette had been looking for a Switch. Low and behold, they had five, now four. When the associate came over to unlock the case, he exclaimed "Holy Shit, when did those come in?"

Long story short, what games do you recommend? Mind you, she's setting up Animal Crossing right now. I'm Dark Souls, she's Princess Peach/Zelda.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is supposed to be something special. I got it for Lucy for Christmas, but she's too wrapped up in Fortnight and hasn't played it yet.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

She has Breadth of the Wild on the Wii U. Got a bit too frustrated with it. For it is the Dark Souls of the Zelda games.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Long story short, what games do you recommend? Mind you, she's setting up Animal Crossing right now. I'm Dark Souls, she's Princess Peach/Zelda.
    The Switch's mobility is its biggest advantage, along with the Nintendo first party exclusives. Focus on games that come straight from Nintendo and/or games that you want to have with you all the time, ie games with a high amount of replayability. My basic rule of thumb is that you can't really go wrong with any titles featuring Mario or his friends.

These games make the system worth buying, imo:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    - Super Mario Odyssey
    - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    - Super Mario Maker 2
    - Mariokart 8 Deluxe*
    - Splatoon 2*
    - Super Smash Bros Ultimate*
    - Yoshi's Crafted World
    - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U port)
    - Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle

* Includes solo and couch co-op, but really requires a Nintendo Online sub to get the most out of them.

Great indies (but available on other platforms):

- Dead Cells
    - Slay the Spire
    - Into the Breach
    - Celeste
    - Undertale
    - Stardew Valley
    - Cuphead
    - Hollow Knight
    - Steamworld Heist
    - Katamari Damacy
    - Ori and the Blind Forest
    - Streets of Rage 4
    - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    - Bayonetta 2
    - Rayman Legends
    - Enter the Gungeon

Nintendo first party titles will always be $60 retail, no matter how long ago they were released. They'll go on sale twice a year, during E3 and Black Friday.

Absolutely do NOT buy any triple-A port without researching it first. Every publisher has dumped old titles to the Switch, and a lot of the ports just suck. Either they play badly (stutter, long load times, etc) or they have noticeably shittier graphics than their PC/PS4/XBone counterparts. They're also more expensive, eg: I bought Witcher 3 for $15 on XBox. It's currently selling for $60 on Switch. (The only exception I've found to this is Diablo III, because Blizzard did a lot of extra work to tailor their port.)

PS: This is Irish, btw, in case that wasn't obvious.

Mutch-Cot Bunners
    Lotterbuxd
    Movie Frokes: iTones : Stacher : Foodbarner : Guggle Play Mosic

"...I needed to remind myself you're a popular character on a hit show and not a real person." - Irash

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is underrated. And if you're into resource management-type games, Kingdom: Two Crowns works beautifully on Switch.

You know who was a real tool?

Irish.

Fuck, I sure am glad we don't see that guy around here anymore.

I hope he's dead. Or at least seriously inconvenienced on a daily basis.

I got Carrion on Switch and found the controls garbsge.

Skutch, would you play it on Swutch?

Quote Quoting Skutch (view post)
    I just bought Kingdom Two Crowns yesterday! Looks good so far and very chill.
    It's a gorgeous game. Also you can play with just one joy-con/hand, allowing for ultimate relaxation.