Page 1195 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1956951095114511851193119411951196119712051245 ... LastLast
Results 29,851 to 29,875 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Weren't most Epic games Xbox exclusives?

Damn, that's a power move.

It was really just Gears of War, but Microsoft bought that IP from them years ago.

I'm curious to see if this collaboration ends up with Sony putting more of its games on PC. I also wonder what this will look like on the console development side for Sony, because they really don't use Unreal Engine at all in their Worldwide Studios (whereas Microsoft uses it in almost every single one of theirs). But I also don't think it's a huge deal, or at least not huge the way gaming press outlets are making it out to be; both companies invest in a lot more than just gaming. Tim Sweeney's goal here is simply to increase the valuation of his company. Sony investing in a rapidly growing company (for a 1.4% stake in the overall valuation) is just good business, and they're simply the most recent company to do so in a long line of investors (including Disney).
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Good god, finished Last of Us 2 tonight.

Despite some wariness at the start, it's as traumatizing and thematically poignant as anything I've ever seen. The game itself is equally terrifying and interesting as the first.

[
    ]

But damnit, I didn't get all the coins and trading cards.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    You guys knows Michael Mando was the Baddie in Far Cry 3? Found out only recently.
    Ok conjecture at this point but Diego, Esposito's son in fc6, and Far Cry 3's Vaas have the same scar in the right eyebrow.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Good god, finished Last of Us 2 tonight.

But damnit, I didn't get all the coins and trading cards.
    These collectibles are definitely the biggest hurdle to the platinum. I just have one or two coins left to find. The gun/skill upgrades happen naturally on new game plus.

Ubisoft press conference in.10 min. Far cry 6 reveal!

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

I mean...what the fuck!

I guess I'm clueless about Far Cry. I played about an hour of FC3 (and did not like it). This trailer is awesome. I though FC was guy getting stranded on a desert island and then just killing everything? Whatever, I look forward to watching Duke playing this lol

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I mean...what the fuck!

I guess I'm clueless about Far Cry. I played about an hour of FC3 (and did not like it). This trailer is awesome. I though FC was guy getting stranded on a desert island and then just killing everything? Whatever, I look forward to watching Duke playing this lol
    Feel like that's what it more or less is. I played 3 for a little while and got bored with it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I've played them all except for the newest one. Far Cry New Dawn.

Here's the ranking and gist. All of them are standalone and have no linkage whatsoever. Fans have been wanting a sequel to the first game for years.

1. FC 5 - Cult Leader takes over a region of Montanan and a couple of US Marshall are stuck in their territory. Strays away from climbing towers (finally) and you need to liberate three areas of the map before fighting the final big baddie.

2. FC 3/Blood Dragon - The first and only FC that becomes self-aware of the "normal guy thrown into unusual circumstances and shoots his way to being the hero". There is an excellent underlining story about falling into the pit of madness when one actually takes a life. This is also the game that introduced skinning animals to make weapon upgrades. This gameplay mechanic is used in FC3, 4, Primal and 5.

3. FC - The original, man dropped onto tropical Island, forced to fight his way off. Inspired Crysis.

4. FC Primal - They made an entire game about skinning animals. You play as a Neanderthal-primal type. The entire game is subtitled. They somehow made the game fun and rewarding.

5. FC2 - Takes place in Africa, weapons warlord has taken over the area. You need to liberate the people. Has an annoying vehicle driving and fast travel mechanic. Weapons get jammed all the time. You need to find malaria pills so you don't die. Missions are standard fetch quests or go kill this person stuff. The game is praised for it's fire physics but the game mostly looks brown and boring.

6. FC 4 - Repetitive. Too many animals kill you for just walking down the street. Too many towers to climb and "liberate". Dumb twist ending where [
    ]. A waste of time to play.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I’ve heard there’s a way in RDR2 chapter 4 that allows Arthur into the southern section without getting hunted down immediately.

If so, you bet your ass I’ll be finishing the fishing and hunting challenges.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I’ve heard there’s a way in RDR2 chapter 4 that allows Arthur into the southern section without getting hunted down immediately.

If so, you bet your ass I’ll be finishing the fishing and hunting challenges.
    If it works, you have to tell me how to do it! I have caught every legendary fish, every legendary animal (except the gator, which for some reason won't trigger despite having done that one mission), done all the side quests (including collecting all of Algernon's fucking flowers), and completed every challenge up to the point where it's no longer possible until I get get into New Austin. So now I either go look for dinosaur bones and rock carvings, or move on to Chapter 5. Which I really really really don't want to do.

And yet, it's not even about that.

[
    ]

Legendary Gator won’t spawn until Chapter six, after That’s Murfree Country, or something like that.

In regard to getting Arthur to New Austin: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...organ_without/

EDIT: It might have been patched.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Yeah, I remember reading about that bug. There were so many details that had to be done right, that I said it just wasn't meant to be for me.

I did all the hunting and fishing, but couldn't do the dinosaur bones and flowers. I think I saved the game in the rare case that DLC would've came out, but looks like it isn't happening. I'll be doing that with Last of Us 2 for a bit now...

Ghost of Tsushima coming up!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Interesting read Duke. Maybe I should check out other entries.

I should also mention that FC3 had a mini-stand alone game called Blood Dragon. It's retro 80s styled shooter.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Back in 2003-2004 I still was into PC's and upgrading them so I did that for the holy trinity of Doom 3, Far Cry and Half-Life 2. Crytek's game came out of nowhere, really blew me away. Story was irrelevant, the tropical environment displayed in probably 1600 x 1200 was a real wow moment and felt like a character all by itself.

Never played part 2, but I tried. Africa seemed too dry, barren and spartan to really engage me (and brown yeah). I probably quit a might too soon.

Part 3 was fun. As was part 4. Part 5, set in Montana is probably my fave after the first one.

In general, scoping out a compound, tagging baddies, and going in quietly, picking them off one by one without getting the alarm(S) triggered never really got old. Super tense, perhaps not many realize this, but Far Cry could really excel as a stealth game is that's the approach you favored.

I know I'm going to have so much fun with part 6. Bring it on!

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Blood Dragon is my favorite FC title.

Otherwise the series doesn't do much for me.

Back in 2003-2004 I still was into PC's and upgrading them so I did that for the holy trinity of Doom 3, Far Cry and Half-Life 2. Crytek's game came out of nowhere, really blew me away. Story was irrelevant, the tropical environment displayed in probably 1600 x 1200 was a real wow moment and felt like a character all by itself.
    This is an apt description. I remember the craze to upgrade my video card for these three games. There was even a trend on forums that tried to convince people that FC actually looked better than Half_life 2.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    This is an apt description. I remember the craze to upgrade my video card for these three games. There was even a trend on forums that tried to convince people that FC actually looked better than Half_life 2.
    In its own way, it probably was Half-Life 2's equal. Just more tropical than Eastern Europe.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

In its own way, it probably was Half-Life 2's equal. Just more tropical than Eastern Europe.
    With a comparable physics engine no less!

I tried playing FC recently. Boy is it tough.

With a comparable physics engine no less!

I tried playing FC recently. Boy is it tough.

it got tough with the genetic beasts especially towards the end where the levels were more cramped with nary a way to escape. I recall inching my way forward sometimes So that i wouldn’t be overrun.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Eric if you stopped at the tractor that's nowhere near the end of the game.

Eric if you stopped at the tractor that's nowhere near the end of the game.
    I finished the game. That's where I thought it was ending as I was playing it.

Where'd you stop tonight?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The 20th Anniversary Duke Nukem on Switch is freaking great.

I've played this game on countless systems through the years, and this may be my favorite way to play it.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I finished the game. That's where I thought it was ending as I was playing it.

Where'd you stop tonight?
    [
    ]