Page 1181 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1816811081113111711179118011811182118311911231 ... LastLast
Results 29,501 to 29,525 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I like that trailer, because it doesn't make it clear from the get go which side the assassin is on, until the final seconds.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was reading comments for a non-gaming Instagram post and someone posted spoilers to The Last of Us 2. That's fucked up.

It may or may not be true, but that's annoying.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I like that trailer, because it doesn't make it clear from the get go which side the assassin is on, until the final seconds.
    Great cinematic but weird how it downplays the whole "assassin" thing.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I was reading comments for a non-gaming Instagram post and someone posted spoilers to The Last of Us 2. That's fucked up.

It may or may not be true, but that's annoying.
    I warned you on this very site. But I suppose sometimes there's no escaping it. Sorry to hear it.

Sadly they are probably true, because there was quite an uproar about a week ago.

In other news, PS5 possibly revealed in a couple of weeks.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I warned you on this very site. But I suppose sometimes there's no escaping it. Sorry to hear it.

Sadly they are probably true, because there was quite an uproar about a week ago.

In other news, PS5 possibly revealed in a couple of weeks.
    I remember that warning. I figured if I just muted it on twitter I'd be alright... Who knew it would be a non-gaming instagram account?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    So every criticism I'd heard of Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is more or less accurate (too much padding, too easy, too many cut scenes, wonky combat) but otoh ... this is the first western RPG I've played in a loooooooong time that I continue to play solely because I want to find out what happens next in the story.

CD Project Red did a great job of marrying the small and the personal to the big, epic fantasy. Great characters, dialogue, and voice acting. Some genuinely humor, too. And a helluva lot of memorable moments that have nothing to do with being THE CHOSEN ONE who must DEFEAT THE BIG EVIL and SAVE THE WORLD --- fighting a wraith in a graveyard at midnight; tracking a werewolf across the countryside; cresting a hill and seeing a griffin flying overhead, hearing it screech and seeing it turn towards me, flap its wings and begin its descent, me thinking, oh shit can I run through the clearing to the treeline in time?

I'm seriously considering Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings for Xbox now, just to get more background on the world and the people in it. I was also only mildly curious about Cyberpunk 2077 before, but now I may buy it first day.

(Also Red Dead Redemption 2 releases on Game Pass in 3 days so I dunno wtf I'm gonna do now, lol)

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

(Also Red Dead Redemption 2 releases on Game Pass in 3 days so I dunno wtf I'm gonna do now, lol)
    Play RDR2 obviously.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've been playing stuff I can jump in and out of pretty quickly lately.

So I've been playing a LOT of Doom II.... Not Doom Infernal. I mean... 1995's Doom 2. I'm trying to beat a certain level on Nightmare mode, and I'm pretty confident it's impossible. There's just not enough ammo and with enemies self reviving, there's no way to get through the level without BOTH Arch-viles killing you from across the map. Fun to try though. I guess I should drop the difficulty to see if I can do it on the non-self reviving enemy one.

Also.. Torchlight 2 - What a fun little romp. Hard to not see the WoW and Diablo similarities but I think that's the point no?

Also been playing a small indie title called Get Even - It's like a combination of Outlast, Amnesia the Dark Descent, Condemned with a little bit of Assassin's Creed and some of the psychedelic episodes of Max Payne mixed in. yeh that's a wide range of games. I think that is the game's biggest flaw is it's trying to do too much and in turn, there is very little "gaming" in the game. The game relies on you to find "clues" like Condemned or Batman Arkham City and what you find changes your outcome later in the game. But finding clues is really the only "game" part of it. It's linear as shit which is a little bit disappointing.

And as a little bit of a time waster... a simple little game called Let them Come - You're a Marine alla Aliens defending your hallway from incoming enemies. You get boosts and power-ups here and there to let loose. It's fun.

aaaaaaaaaaaand I started a new game. The Crew 2 with some friend. :facepalm:

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New official story trailer TLoU2.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Should I watch it?

No need to watch it for me. I'll be buying.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Should I watch it?
    It's safe, I watched it. But you probably dont need to. Game release isn't far away now.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Omg the graphics/animations are so insane. The shot of Ellie at :50 when her voiceover says “I’m leaving tomorrow.” I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much “natural” emotion on a video game character’s face.

Because of my love for the game, I sometimes forget just how despicable Joel was sometimes in part one. Looks like that light will be cast onto Ellie in part two, which is totally logical, but also .

I’ve avoided spoilers but I keep seeing YouTube videos with titles like “Why TLOU2 is the most controversial...,” “Neil Druckman’s agenda,” and “Naughty Dog despises its audience.” I really hate gamers sometimes.

I wonder if I'll be so busy around this time, that I'll just wait for the PS5 release? This is me saying that after also saying I probably won't get the PS5 on launch? Unless there's an Amazon pre-purchase option like the PS4.

- - - - -
    Downloading RDR2 now...

Quick question:

Is it possible to blow off the main quest & spend all my time hunting and fishing? Genuinely looking for maybe 25-30 hours of side game content here, complete with rare mobs, weapons, tools, and achievements.

Downloading RDR2 now...

Quick question:

Is it possible to blow off the main quest & spend all my time hunting and fishing? Genuinely looking for maybe 25-30 hours of side game content here, complete with rare mobs, weapons, tools, and achievements.
    Very possible. Think it's around Chapter 2, maybe 3 when it's easy to do exactly that.

And you will.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Downloading RDR2 now...

Quick question:

Get off the snowy mountain, then hunt to your hearts content. Might need to do a quick mission for John’s wife before you can go fishing.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Downloading RDR2 now...

Quick question:

Oh yeah - I've been doing it for about a year and a half now. That and petting dogs.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

This is what I was able to do over the weekend.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Get off the snowy mountain, then hunt to your hearts content. Might need to do a quick mission for John’s wife before you can go fishing.
    That snow mountain is the only thing keeping me from doing a replay lol

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    That snow mountain is the only thing keeping me from doing a replay lol

Eh, ain’t as bad second time through. I find myself heading into the mountain to go hunting from time to time.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Eh, ain’t as bad second time through. I find myself heading into the mountain to go hunting from time to time.
    Returning to the mountain afterward is a different story.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

....and now I’m reinstalling RDR2.

and now I am installing RDR2.