Page 1172 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1726721072112211621170117111721173117411821222 ... LastLast
Results 29,276 to 29,300 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    100% stretching and speculation but people are going NUTS over this tweet.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

People are desperate for Kojima to make fun games again.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    People are desperate for Kojima to make fun games again.
    Not a fan of Death Stranding?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Not a fan of Death Stranding?
    I never really gave it enough of a chance. It's obviously a game that takes a little investment--I just couldn't imagine myself having fun with it.

I'm realizing I'm much more interested in Kojima as a god-tier weirdo developer than I am in the actual games he makes. Despite all the neat ideas, getting through some of those Metal Gear games was kind of a struggle.

I stopped playing too. I do plan on finishing it....I think.

After doing the same depot run across a similar terrain for the umpteenth time, I'm not too interested in those long takes between neat cut scenes. It's a poorly executed game with neat ideas.

Running into the black stuff should be terrifying and cause some plan of strategy, but instead it's mostly just annoying and in the way.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I came to a revelation this weekend regarding my Playstation. I just don't play it anymore... Consoles in general. I only played 10 PS4 games total since launch and I have a fuck ton of backlogged stuff I've bought but NEVER even installed yet. That goes for the new God of War, new Horizon, new InFamous, Spider-man, hell I didn't even play that Uncharted spin off game. If I'm not going to play these sequels to franchises I love... that says a lot.

The PS5 will probably be the first system (unless I'm surprised by the price point) where I don't buy it on launch.

- - - - -
    I came to a revelation this weekend regarding my Playstation. I just don't play it anymore... Consoles in general.
    I had to do it over again, I'd get a Switch for Nintendo first party titles and then go PC for everything else. XBox and GamePass are cool but I simply don't have the time to play a lot of games outside maybe 2-3 big titles over the year and then maybe a half dozen indie whatevers mixed in there.

I really like what Nintendo is FINALLY doing allowing for third party titles on the Switch. I really hope it continues.

I get it Duke. Ps4 came out about the same time as my kids. Never made the leap. Still playing Ps3 and 360. Might go Ps5...

I'll probably ride the PS4 out for a bit, upgrade my TV first.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Switch is kind of miraculous. There must be some kind of magic going on under the hood for it to run things this good looking in handheld mode.

I'm not sure which next gen I'll get. My decision will probably be based more on game selection than the hardware.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I'm not sure which next gen I'll get. My decision will probably be based more on game selection than the hardware.
    This should be the deciding factor all the time, with the exception being if hardware is faulty. *eyeballs the 360*

I'm a Sony guy because an inordinate percentage of the best games are Sony exclusives. I don't mind missing Halo 11 for the likes of Bloodborne, Persona, Horizon, God of War, and Nioh plus the output of Insomniac, Team Ico, Media Molecule, Housemarque, and Naughty Dog.

Microsoft's ravenous buying-up of studios over the past few years may end up leveling the playing field, but the only Xbox One game I went to my friend's house to play was the second Tomb Raider, and that ended up on all consoles a year later. Good game though.

I don't mean to come off as a Sony zealot, but their hardware and software have been strong for 25 years and going. I also have a PC that I use mainly for early access strategy games, plus a Switch because it's awesome.

Honestly though, I haven't been drawn to any game in quite a while. I think I just want to play The Last of Us Part 2. Maybe I'll go back and play some Factions...
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 03-03-2020 at 05:34 PM.

I'm a Sony zealot and don't care to admit it at this point. There hasn't been a single Xbox exclusive I've ever been interested in that made me buy the console with the exception of the first Mass Effect and maaaybe the first Dead Rising (though I wouldn't have purchased the console for it), both of which ended up on PC eventually.

Even the physical design and UI of Sony's consoles has been historically more appealing than Microsoft. Remember when Microsoft wanted you to connect both a Kinect and an HD-DVD player to the console? And the power supply was external to the console so you had this HUGE brick lying around? On top of the noisy fans?

This is probably the only time where MERICA has failed me as a gamer.

Aside from Halo, I agree that Microsoft doesn't have any IPs that would make me buy their console over others.

Gears of War I can take or leave. I do prefer Forza to other racing sims, but that's not a title I'd buy a console for.

Also rumor has it that BioWare is hard at work on Mass Effect 5.

I'm right up there with folks on the Sony bandwagon, tho if XBOX released another Left 4 Dead, I'd be in the stores that very day picking one up.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I'm right up there with folks on the Sony bandwagon, tho if XBOX released another Left 4 Dead, I'd be in the stores that very day picking one up.
    Same. To play with you. Drunk AF.

Damn.

Bought a PS1 in college and never looked back.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Damn.

Almost wishing for it to be super sucky so I won't miss much, but it'll probaby be sensational. Please come out on the new ps5 vr cuz that's when i'm gonna cut the chord.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

- - - - -
    I started disliking Sony after the original Playstation and now actively loathe them. They are another quasi-monopoly that is randomly hostile towards its own fanbase. I wanted to play God of War and Horizon and a few other exclusives from this gen, but I couldn't bring myself to buy the PS5, even when it was discounted to $200.

I want a "buy once, play anywhere" world, with fucking crossplay and free online. Is that so much to ask? It's 2020, ffs!

Instead we get Google Stadia, the Epic Game Store, another console generation of dumb hardware, and more bullshit exclusives.

#teamsony

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    I've been a Sony man since 1998. Fuck Bill Gates forever.

I might get a PS5 on launch. It would be the first time I've done that like, ever. If they announce backward compatibility with PS1/2/3 (or something like that), then I absolutely will buy one on launch.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.