Page 1170 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1706701070112011601168116911701171117211801220 ... LastLast
Results 29,226 to 29,250 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Ha! You're not wrong.

And welcome to parenthood, Duke. Positive side is, you can get a single game to stretch out for mooooooonths. I'm STILL on Act 4 in RDR2.
    Then why am I still buying games??
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Because SOMEONE has to pick up the slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

More video game industry shenanigans

https://www.destructoid.com/the-whol...o-580222.phtml

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I really need decent internet to make it's way to where I live.

Its only a matter of time before consoles become completely free of physical media.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Well this is the update that adds in NPCs. I'm at least way more interested now than at launch. Especially if you can play through the game co-op (which they should have added in Fallout 4).

It doesn't matter for me right now anyway. I have one night a week I can dedicate for gaming and I always end up playing some random shooter that I can drop in 15 minutes rather than try and get immersed in any RPG.

My gaming days are close to dead.
    You wouldn't have any time during weekends?
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    You wouldn't have any time during weekends?
    Weekends are filled with baby time.

Nap times become the only free times. Or after everyone goes to bed in the evening...so you can then fall asleep on the couch and spill your drink in you lap 20 minutes later. This is my life lol

Weekends are filled with baby time.
    God that sounds awful. I mean, from my perspective. Not a father yet, but I'm mortified of this happening to me.

How can something be a major hobby/passion and then not finding any time in the weekend? as in zero time. Maybe you're perfectly content with this, if so great man! Wish you all the happyness.

Still, if you wanna game more, couldn't your wife cover a little bit for ya?

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

When I became a dad, my entire world view changed in an instant. Literally the second my daughter and I met eyes for the first time and I saw that "oh that's the guy who was singing to me all this time" look in her eyes. I could feel the circuits of my brain reconnecting. Simply put, it was no-longer about me, nor would it ever be again. Time for anything is whatever is left over after family time is done. Simple as that. And that's perfectly fine.

I hardly ever play video games until after the kids are in bed, which nowadays that that girl is now a teenager and I'm often in bed before she is, translates to I hardly ever play video games. That's why I'm still on my first pay-through of Red Dead Redemption 2, despite having gotten it the day it came out back in November 2018. And that is perfectly fine.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

With one kid, I would game in the evening (from like 9:00 to 11:00) on days when I didn't have anything else to do and on the weekend when she took naps. With two little kids, I might get an hour a week when they're both asleep and I don't have something else that I have to get done.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    When I became a dad, my entire world view changed in an instant. Literally the second my daughter and I met eyes for the first time and I saw that "oh that's the guy who was singing to me all this time" look in her eyes. I could feel the circuits of my brain reconnecting. Simply put, it was no-longer about me, nor would it ever be again. Time for anything is whatever is left over after family time is done. Simple as that. And that's perfectly fine.

I hardly ever play video games until after the kids are in bed, which nowadays that that girl is now a teenager and I'm often in bed before she is, translates to I hardly ever play video games. That's why I'm still on my first pay-through of Red Dead Redemption 2, despite having gotten it the day it came out back in November 2018. And that is perfectly fine.
    Added bonus- She’s dominating Skyrim.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

First time in months I sit down to play a new game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I though Alien: Isolation got good reviews? Hour in, this game is GARBAGE. Angry I wasted this much free time on it.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    First time in months I sit down to play a new game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I though Alien: Isolation got good reviews? Hour in, this game is GARBAGE. Angry I wasted this much free time on it.
    Yeh this opinion is wrong.

Yeh this opinion is wrong.
    I can't figure out where to go, the diversionary tactics the game promotes do NOT work, getting my ass killed by the very first enemies I encounter (an hour into the game), the control scheme is shit, I can't unequip stuff...

I kinda want to play this game the same time as you now.

I loved the game, but I'll agree the controls were a bit wonky.

- - - - -
    Haven't played "Alien: Isolation" yet (I downloaded through GamePass tho) ... but bad controls are an absolute dealbreaker for me.

I bought "River City Girls" on Switch a few months back & it's hilarious & fun & exactly what I want from a throwback beat-em-up. But you can't re-map the controls at all, and the controls are awkward. This alone made me stop playing a game I otherwise enjoyed.

I wish to hell more reviewers would mention this in their reviews. They'll talk about framerates and "smooth gameplay" endlessly but they won't mention something as simple and important as the control scheme. It drives me nuts & more than once I've hesitated to buy something because I was afraid the controls would suck.

I kinda want to play this game the same time as you now.
    You'll be playing alone, because I'm done.

Just wait until you see the cyborgs.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

After all the talk about not being able to play much, the wife let me sit down for a couple of nights and catch up on my backlog.

I think I'm finally done with Far Cry 5. I completed the Mars DLC that came with my purchase and can finally de-install that game. I still it's the best in the franchise.

I'm having the most fun imaginable playing Dusk. It's a 90's throwback to FPS and boy is it brilliant. Optimized for 1080p but still emphasizes the pixel enemies without them being sprites. Level design is super creative. It's a blast.

Enjoy Duke!

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

- - - - -
    I'm having the most fun imaginable playing Dusk. It's a 90's throwback to FPS and boy is it brilliant. Optimized for 1080p but still emphasizes the pixel enemies without them being sprites. Level design is super creative. It's a blast.
    Absolutely jealous. Been waiting for this one on Switch for awhile.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Absolutely jealous. Been waiting for this one on Switch for awhile.

- - - - -
    lol fuck you duke you absolute basterd

It's great to hear that that one's good. Freaking love me some retro shooters.

I hated Shadow Warrior, though.