Page 1162 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 16266210621112115211601161116211631164117212121262 ... LastLast
Results 29,026 to 29,050 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's between the events of RE1 and RE2 from Jill's perspective. It's basically an excuse to set a story inside Raccoon City (before they nuke it at the end of RE2).

I remember being so mad at that ending in RE2 because the setting was so awesome. I loved being in the streets of Raccoon City instead of confined to a mansion like in RE1. I wanted more street stuff.
    RE3 is between the events of RE1 & 2 you mean?

So like a Resident Evil 1.5?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    RE3 is between the events of RE1 & 2 you mean?

So like a Resident Evil 1.5?
    Yeh, it takes place immediately after Jill leaves the mansion. (even though she flies away in a helicopter after RE1)
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Makes me wanna ask: What's the best game everyone has played this year?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I've only played 8 games. (3 from 2019)

Division (One of the best games I've ever played)
    Division 2 (Good followup but needs a lot of work to tweak balance of gear- Ubisoft continues to update)
    Battlefield V - Bad; only played it with friends to fill the gap between Division and Division 2
    Ghost Recon Wildlands (One of the best games I've ever played)
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Missed the mark on some key features that were in Wildlands- Ubisoft is planning to address in future updates- Great story with Jon Bernthal as one of the characters)
    Resident Evil 2 REmake (The scariest game I've ever played)
    Inside (Excellent)
    Death Stranding (mixed)

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

2019 official release: Slay the Spire (though I played early access for a while)
    Otherwise: The Long Dark

Really haven't played many games this year. Just bought Days Gone and Outer Wilds (not worlds). Excited to play Outer Wilds, and I'll continue to give Death Stranding more time.

I think we need more people to play Death Stranding here...

IS, what chapter are you on?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    So you’re going to start on Legendary Difficulty, Ironman and all DLC enabled on XCOM2 first time out, right?
    Seriously though. Once you feel relatively comfortable with the game, Ironman is the only way to play. Also, make sure to name and customize all non-rookie soldiers after your favorite film directors, musicians, pro athletes, etc.

Ah, best game.

I think we need more people to play Death Stranding here...

IS, what chapter are you on?
    I haven't played since last we talked lol. Thanksgiving is a time suck for me, and tbh I'm not feeling super compelled to play. But I will battle on for a while longer.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I haven't played since last we talked lol. Thanksgiving is a time suck for me, and tbh I'm not feeling super compelled to play. But I will battle on for a while longer.
    I hear ya. It gets kind fun when you unlock zip lines. But getting there.. oof.

- - - - -
    XBox has RE:2 on sale for $20.

Looked it up on Metacritic and it has stellar reviews. Never played the original.

Worth it, then?

ETA: Also I'm gonna take a look at The Division now too
    Last edited by Irish; 12-03-2019 at 07:56 PM.

These are my favorite games of the decade. I've played games my whole life, but only "seriously" for the past 10 years or so. So these are also pretty much my favorite games "ever." But I'd probably give props to my childhood by including Rollercoaster Tycoon and a Final Fantasy game on a real list like that.

1. Dark Souls/Bloodborne
    2. The Last of Us
    3. Inside
    4. XCOM 2
    5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    6. Europa Universalis 4
    7. Mass Effect Trilogy
    8. The Long Dark
    9. God of War
    10. The Witcher 3

11. Red Dead Redemption
    12. Slay the Spire
    13. Super Mario Galaxy 2
    14. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    15. Mad Max
    16. Kingdom: New Lands/Two Crowns
    17. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    18. This War of Mine
    19. Until Dawn
    20. Persona 4 Golden

Hmm...

Red Dead Redemption 2 (one of best stories of all time for videogames. too bad the online mode sucks)
    Madden 20 (Franchise mode is cut & paste. the new 'x-factors' are kind of cool, I guess... I do an online franchise with my brother and this is how we stay caught up with each other)
    MLB The Show 20 (also just the same as before... can't see myself getting next year)

Umm... I think that may be it? RDR2 was a big deal for the first half of the year or so.

I do anticipate playing Death Stranding and maybe the Jedi Order game.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

18. This War of Mine
    I bring this out every few months or so for a playthrough. I do wonder if there's a positive way to end this game...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I bring this out every few months or so for a playthrough. I do wonder if there's a positive way to end this game...
    Heh, you said "positive." Any time I've had characters survive to the end of the war, they were either severely injured, depressed/suicidal, or healthy but only at the cost of doing horrible shit to other survivors.

Looked it up on Metacritic and it has stellar reviews. Never played the original.

Worth it, then?

$20 is an excellent price point. You don't need to play the original. There's some nice nostalgic stuff and some misdirection events from fans of the original, but it's pretty much the most straight forward game of the year.

I would caution you with the Division; You can play it solo but some of the end game stuff heavily relies on co-op (and for the legendary missions, 4 player co-op). I also don't know how populated the servers are now since the Division 2 is out.

If you're the kind of guy who doesn't care about end game stuff, then the game might just seem like a generic shooter to you. But co-op makes it excellent. I love the environment, (basically the end of the world as if it happened during Black Friday in NYC), the way you come across things during your play that tell a story (audio files or the way bodies are propped up in a room) and the stellar gameplay.

It also has the best new multiplayer mode for this gametype called "Survival". I can get into it more if you're interested but it was my favorite thing to play in the game.

Its a Tom Clancy game, so the attention to detail is unworldly.

Here are some games that I feel could have been among my faves of the decade had I played/finished them, or had they come out at a time I was more ready to vibe with them. Not really honorable mentions.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Outer Wilds
    Disco Elysium
    Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Nier: Automata
    No Man's Sky

These are my favorite games of the decade. I've played games my whole life, but only "seriously" for the past 10 years or so. So these are also pretty much my favorite games "ever." But I'd probably give props to my childhood by including Rollercoaster Tycoon and a Final Fantasy game on a real list like that.

1. Dark Souls/Bloodborne
    2. The Last of Us
    3. Inside
    4. XCOM 2
    5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    6. Europa Universalis 4
    7. Mass Effect Trilogy
    8. The Long Dark
    9. God of War
    10. The Witcher 3

11. Red Dead Redemption
    12. Slay the Spire
    13. Super Mario Galaxy 2
    14. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    15. Mad Max
    16. Kingdom: New Lands/Two Crowns
    17. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    18. This War of Mine
    19. Until Dawn
    20. Persona 4 Golden
    Oh man. We are making decade lists now? OK, TBD.

In the meantime, I just joined a Letterboxd Rip off for games and made my Top 20 Games of All Time list.

So chew on that while I make a best of the decade list.

Heh, you said "positive." Any time I've had characters survive to the end of the war, they were either severely injured, depressed/suicidal, or healthy but only at the cost of doing horrible shit to other survivors.
    I can't really recall if I've even made it to the end of the war. Most disappear out of depression or die of sickness/injury.

I have the board game, but nobody to play it with

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    I would caution you with the Division; You can play it solo but some of the end game stuff heavily relies on co-op (and for the legendary missions, 4 player co-op). I also don't know how populated the servers are now since the Division 2 is out.
    Appreciate the heads up! I almost grabbed it because it's $10 on Amazon now.

I just joined a Letterboxd Rip off for games and made my Top 20 Games of All Time list.
    HL2 as #1 is entirely correct and also TWISTED METAL 2 FUCK YEAH

- - - - -
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Outer Wilds
    Disco Elysium
    Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Nier: Automata
    No Man's Sky
    Dug your all-time list but gotta say like half of these are either on my backlog (Outer Wilds, Hellblade) or my wishlist (KR0, Disco, Nier)
    Last edited by Irish; 12-03-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Worth it, then?

Buy. It.

RDR2
    XCOM2
    RE2

I think the above three are where the majority of my video game time went.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Appreciate the heads up! I almost grabbed it because it's $10 on Amazon now.
    I would play through it again with you if you wanted to get the full experience? (On Steam/PC of course) Or would you get it on PS4?

OKay, here's my best of the decade list. Preliminary and I need to shave 2 off to make it a top 20.

Comments welcome.

- - - - -
    I would play through it again with you if you wanted to get the full experience? (On Steam/PC of course) Or would you get it on PS4?
    Damn dude that's a helluva nice offer. I'd love to do that but unfortunately I'm on XBox (and Switch). They still don't do crossplay, do they?

This reminds me: As much as I've enjoyed these consoles over the last 6 mos or a year ... I am in my heart of hearts a PC / desktop guy. I should looking into that (again) ...

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Buy. It.

RDR2
    XCOM2
    RE2

I think the above three are where the majority of my video game time went.
    Ha, okay then. Buying it.

(Also I want RDR2 but waiting until it drops below $30)

- - - - -
    OKay, here's my best of the decade list. Preliminary and I need to shave 2 off to make it a top 20.

Comments welcome.
    You have a healthy number of shooters on there so I was surprised to see Bastion and City Skylines!