Page 1160 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 16066010601110115011581159116011611162117012101260 ... LastLast
Results 28,976 to 29,000 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Dad of War is easily the best of the series. I can bring my copy over if you want, Scar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I think the Greatest Hits (including Dad of War) are going to be 10 bucks around Black Friday on PSN. Might finally break down and buy Monster Hunter.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Thanks. I think the Greatest Hits (including Dad of War) are going to be 10 bucks around Black Friday on PSN. Might finally break down and buy Monster Hunter.

Share what you think of it if you do!

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Half-Life rumblings:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...anAhqk/preview

Next game is VR and called Half-Life: Alyx

Likely not a true sequel though.
    WOW WOW WOW, Half-Life: Alyx has been officially announced by Valve.

Will be unveiled Thursday!!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Jedi: Fallen Order is neat.

A little surprised by the lacklustre visuals and tech (holy moly the game is buggy and visually glitchy). Expected much more from such a hotly anticipated AAA title.

That being said, if the story is as strong throughout as its first few hours, it might be the best Star Wars story we’ve seen since the OT.

I’ve said for many years that Dark Souls style combat would work beautifully in the Star Wars universe, and it does. But it’s dumbed down just a little too much.

In fact, everything is dumbed down. The Souls style combat and death cycle, the Metroid-style exploration with areas you can’t access until you have certain abilities, the Uncharted-style traversal and puzzle solving. Your hand is held tightly through all of it.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm off work until the 2nd... so my wife is letting my buy Death Stranding. :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Saw the half life alyx VR reveal. I want to jump back into that universe.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Saw the half life alyx VR reveal. I want to jump back into that universe.
    Sure looks good. I'm not sure I like the idea of a prequel though.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm off work until the 2nd... so my wife is letting my buy Death Stranding. :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
    Are you okay?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Are you okay?
    I am if okay is excited.

I am if okay is excited.
    No I mean, because you said you’re off work. Are you all right?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    No I mean, because you said you’re off work. Are you all right?
    Paternity leave and / or Turkey vacation.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

This.

Sure looks good. I'm not sure I like the idea of a prequel though.

I can't let this go. A new Half-Life game in little under 6 months and I can't play it.

And I'm willing to bet it's gonna be stupendous. It's also confirmed length of the game is close to Half-Life 2.

If it was just the headset I'd probably plonk down the cash, but my PC needs upgrading also.
    Damn.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Haha, I have fond memories of playing Street Fighter 4 online with my youngest (now 11) strapped to my chest in a baby bjorn. I wonder what the guys kicking my ass would have thought would they have known they were whupping a 30something under-slept Dad rocking back and forth with a baby and singing gotosleep songs.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I’ll start playing now too.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I’ll start playing now too.
    How do you like it so far?

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    It's not a game I would picture you liking Duke, but I could easily be wrong
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

How do you like it so far?
    I'm a little bit into episode 2. Three hours in, it kind of feels like I'm about to take my first real mission. But I hear it doesn't REALLY open up until ten hours in/episode 3. So we'll see about that.

I feel like I've done very little gameplay so far, so jury's out on "fun factor," but the presentation is outstanding. It's a unique sci-fi world, and richly detailed. Gotta give Kojima Productions props for setting out and doing their own thing. BB is the best character so far--the flashbacks are really potent. Running to and from places isn't very fun yet, but that's probably cuz I'm still essentially in the tutorial.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I'm a little bit into episode 2. Three hours in, it kind of feels like I'm about to take my first real mission. But I hear it doesn't REALLY open up until ten hours in/episode 3. So we'll see about that.

I feel like I've done very little gameplay so far, so jury's out on "fun factor," but the presentation is outstanding. It's a unique sci-fi world, and richly detailed. Gotta give Kojima Productions props for setting out and doing their own thing. BB is the best character so far--the flashbacks are really potent. Running to and from places isn't very fun yet, but that's probably cuz I'm still essentially in the tutorial.
    That sums up the game nicely. It's definitely a Kojima game; where he thought of a premise that makes very little sense in a practical world. It could just be a game about being a postal worker in 2019 who encounters ghosts on his route, but it has to be the most overly complicated nonsensical plot ever. I've played every single Kojima game (MGS and MGS4 being my all time favorite) and there is usually a sense of accomplishments between the gameplay and the overly long cinematic and dialog trees... but this game feels way more tedious in the ladder. You nailed the presentation aspect though; that opening gameplay segment with the music playing as you're running through the green open fields. That was beautiful. I just fixed up the bike, so my route's between bases will be quicker. But god damn it's still a game about delivering packages. lol.

I found my Vita yesterday and eventually hooked it up to remote play to my PS4... so I think I'll be able to play this a lot more than I originally thought.

BTW: Looking at your PSN handle, I had no idea you were such a huge gamer. Why don't you post more about stuff here?

I just reached episode 3, right after you are thrown into the most convoluted, obscene boss battle ever convinced by man, and my game is hung on the loading scene. Time for a break I suppose.

Oh and protip, don't try and ride your bike through a BT area. Doesn't work.

This sounds like a terrible game.

- - - - -
    It does but I'm fascinated by it and I really want to play it.

I wish there were more games out there that took crazy gambles like this one seems to have.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    It does but I'm fascinated by it and I really want to play it.

I wish there were more games out there that took crazy gambles like this one seems to have.
    My next post was going to be exactly this. This game is a metaphor to everyone in cinema saying we need more original ideas and less super hero films. In 2019, this game is equivalent to Under the Silver Lake.

That sums up the game nicely. It's definitely a Kojima game; where he thought of a premise that makes very little sense in a practical world. It could just be a game about being a postal worker in 2019 who encounters ghosts on his route, but it has to be the most overly complicated nonsensical plot ever.
    Like, I still find it fucking hilarous that after I travel what is equivalent to 1/10th the distance across the United States (it's only refereed to as "America" in the game, which is also hilarous), plop my delivery down on the conveyor belt as it gets processed through a bunch of elevators and hooks, a nifty little hologram boots up and tells me how valuable I am to rebuilding "America"... I look around these giant delivery facilities and realize there isn't another soul in these buildings. Everyone is communicating to me remote via hologram or codec (gee Kojima, still can't get past the codec from MGS eh?) . Like, we have the technology for holograms, for these BB devices, giant beautiful structures, weird ass vehicles, but can't figure out how to deliver supplies across the country unmanned? They do reference drones at one point but I forget the reason why they stopped using them.