Page 1154 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 15465410541104114411521153115411551156116412041254 ... LastLast
Results 28,826 to 28,850 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh shiiiiit.
    Would have bought a shift today, but instead I bought a $600 stroller.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

My Red Dead Depression has led me to a Red Dead Dilemma.

I can't decide if I should keep running around exploring details now that the game has ended, or restart the game.

On the one hand, I'm enjoying seeing some of the repercussions of my playthrough, even the tiniest moments that I thought were just to gain or lose honor points. Like I went back to Saint Denis for a bounty and, completely by accident, wound up in front of a plaque for Quincy Harris Memorial Hall:

[
    ]

The game's attention to detail is staggering. But these little things are all I have left. I ran around Austin to uncover the full map. Found a couple more legendary pelts. Visited some graves. Hunted some bounties.

[
    ]

There is no way I'll reach 100% completion and I don't even want to try, because some of that shit is really boring (e.g., dinosaur bones). I really want to start a new playthrough, but am a little daunted at starting such a mammoth game again. So I can't decide what to do.

Seriously, how did this game only cost me $60? Months and hundreds of hours of play for half the price I spend getting a 1 hour massage, which I can continue to milk for unique experiences even after it's over. Video games are fucking cheap.

Anyway, I'm sure this is just my addictive tendencies. When I love something, I like to OD on it. Plus the fact that I never play video games anymore makes me want to savor the fact that I am in a rare position of having loved and finished one that I only want more of (a thing that hasn't happened since I played MGS4).

Did anyone else finish tRDR2 and/or restart another playthrough? Curious your experience.

Another amazing detail:

[
    ]

I just want to keep a list of all the times this game bumps the lamp.

Such a horrible story from start to finish...just a few days back, Alec Holowka (an indie game developer, credits include Night in the Woods)was recently accused of sexual harassment and abuse. The company he was working for at the time cut ties with him immediately, and cancelled the game he was working on.

Looks like he committed suicide yesterday. In a series of tweets by his sister (who also works in the industry), she said he “felt he had lost too much”.

Terrible ending to an already awful story.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)

Did anyone else finish tRDR2 and/or restart another playthrough? Curious your experience.
    Oh no. No bloody way. And I say that with a lot of respect and admiration for what Rockstar achieved. Game is way too slow, and like you say sometimes boring in its side quests to even ponder another playthrough although there was a twinge of sadness saying goodbye to it when it ended. I have a lot of other games lying around so replaying RDR2 is something I admittedly don't have the time for.

I'm playing Far Cry 5 now. Similarly open and sprawling like RDR2, and unquestionably inferior in terms of story and characters, but far more of a game. It feels more freeform, more liberating, better in terms of the core gameplay mechanics.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

No idea how people put in the time for the dinosaur bones. There's an infinite more interesting things to do.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Such a horrible story from start to finish...just a few days back, Alec Holowka (an indie game developer, credits include Night in the Woods)was recently accused of sexual harassment and abuse. The company he was working for at the time cut ties with him immediately, and cancelled the game he was working on.

Looks like he committed suicide yesterday. In a series of tweets by his sister (who also works in the industry), she said he “felt he had lost too much”.

Terrible ending to an already awful story.
    Way fucked up. I was legit shocked when I heard the news.

Little scary how quickly the conversation online (reddit etc) got nasty.

- - - - -

^ Review of DUSK. I am even more hyped to play this now. Sounds like it nails the full 90s FPS experience. (And the f'ing thing was developed by 1 dude!)

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    No idea how people put in the time for the dinosaur bones. There's an infinite more interesting things to do.
    I wiki’ed it and did it. The payoff wasn’t worth it.

I did start a second play through, got Arthur his alligator vest, now I’m not sure if I want to keep play it after his diagnosis. I might go back to my completed game to wander around, though.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)

I did start a second play through, got Arthur his alligator vest, now I’m not sure if I want to keep play it after his diagnosis. I might go back to my completed game to wander around, though.
    Some of those big scavenger hunts made me wish it opened some type of subplot for the amount of work one puts into it.

Holding on to the disc just in a rare hope that there's some single player DLC that'll be created, but sure doesn't look like that'll happen unfortunately.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

My daughter has been monopolizing the ps4 over the summer, so very little RDR2 for me, but I’m hoping to get back into it now that school is back in session. Maybe I’ll even complete my 1st playthru one of these months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

^ Review of DUSK. I am even more hyped to play this now. Sounds like it nails the full 90s FPS experience. (And the f'ing thing was developed by 1 dude!)
    Also check out Ion Fury for more retro FPS action
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Also check out Ion Fury for more retro FPS action
    Holy shit! Thanks for the rec!

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

First I've seen of his channel, but this guy is an exceptional reviewer.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    First I've seen of his channel, but this guy is an exceptional reviewer.
    Yeah, I dig him too. He does a very good job of describing exactly what playing the game is like.

Unfortunately, he doesn't update very often. I only found his channel by chance when searching for videos on Marathon, an old Mac-only shooter.

Marathon rules. Made being a Mac kid worth it back in the mid 90s.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I started a second play through. Decided on a few ground rules:

- Find and tame the white Arabian in the wild (done; endless comments from NPCs on how beautiful she is)
    - Antagonize Uncle every time I can
    - Never do anything for Strauss
    - Leave Micah in jail (seriously, fuck that guy)
    - Stay in Chaptee 2 forever
    - Exclusively play while wearing my cowgirl hat

It’s going well.

I don't know if we need RDR1 / RDR2 spoiler tags at this point, but....

[
    ]
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Never found that horse.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -

- - - - -
    Holy shit there were a ton of Switch announcements today. Still trying to catch up.

Overwatch, Super Kirby Clash, Return of the Obra Dinn, Divinity Original Sin II, Jedi Knight II, 20+ SNES games on Nintendo Online. WTFFFFFFFFFFF.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...direct_942019/

Maybe my most hyped Switch announcement which wasn't even in the Direct:

Finished the RDR2 legendary fishing challenge today. The ending was worth it.

Deadly Premonition 2 is going to get me to buy a Switch.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Finished the RDR2 legendary fishing challenge today. The ending was worth it.
    hahaha. That's for sure.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter