Page 1152 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 15265210521102114211501151115211531154116212021252 ... LastLast
Results 28,776 to 28,800 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    After those reviews? Nope.
    Good God, I'm so in the bag for Wolfenstein I forgot to look. That gives me pause.

Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale getting released on Xbone and PS4?

YES PLEASE VERY MUCH!!!
    Switch, too, iirc. (At least, Baldur's Gate & Shadow of Amn are.)

I'd be much more hyped but the company that originally produced the revised/extended editions of these games is pure bottom feeder and did a terrible job of updating the games. Like, these dudes are pretty much 1 step away from being asset flippers.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I feel like the Switch is becoming the hand held that I need. Lots of third party games coming to it. Is Nintendo finally woke?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Fired up XCOM2 to get another silver trophy. Complete a mission on Commander + with soldiers all of the same class. My four rangers of the apocalypse handled it well.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Lately I've been watching this dude a coupla times a week when I get take out: https://mixer.com/covent

Does anyone here watch streamers regularly? I've been really getting into this shit since I bought the consoles. It's fun to have a stream running on my laptop when I'm playing.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I feel like the Switch is becoming the hand held that I need. Lots of third party games coming to it. Is Nintendo finally woke?
    The Switch is awesome. It's the best Nintendo console since the GC. They have always been awesome at handhelds so it makes sense that their best console in forever is a home/handheld hybrid.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Lately I've been watching this dude a coupla times a week when I get take out: https://mixer.com/covent

Does anyone here watch streamers regularly? I've been really getting into this shit since I bought the consoles. It's fun to have a stream running on my laptop when I'm playing.
    I always put a stream on my computer when I game. Something to look at during loading screens. Usually go to twitch and see what's happening, usually random.

The only guy I watch regularly is a niche streamer named CarcinogenSDA. He usually does Resident Evil speed runs but also does some commentary on the development of the games.

- - - - -

lol, vox dot com: always on the cutting edge

I'll be honest. I never heard of Mixer until today.

- - - - -
    I'll be honest. I never heard of Mixer until today.
    Weirdo, yesterday you quoted a post where I mention them.

Weirdo, yesterday you quoted a post where I mention them.
    I know. And even though I read it, I didn't remember it. Not until it was associated with Ninja. Isn't marketing weird when it works?

- - - - -
    I know. And even though I read it, I didn't remember it. Not until it was associated with Ninja. Isn't marketing weird when it works?
    LOL, very good point.

The guy I watch regularly has 5 times the viewers tonight because of the announcement. Whatever MSFT paid Ninja, they got him cheap.

Some cool memories playing the N64 version back in the day. Great soundtrack, one of the first games to use the N64 expansion pack to boost the resolution (but introduced frame issues), amazing weapons

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

The cerebral bore remains one of the most amazingly bonkers weapons ever in a game.

The cerebral bore remains one of the most amazingly bonkers weapons ever in a game.
    So good. Went through the first game many of times just to shoot that thing around.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -

^ This is already out on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux and it's coming to the Switch next.

Can't wait. I am absolutely down for retro-90s shooters with good gameplay.

Yeah looks like such great fun.

I was amazed how well 2016’s DOOM captured that feeling. I’m hoping Eternal is even better.

For my money the best 90s shooter was Unreal.

I wish that franchise would be revived. Not Unreal Tournament, the original Unreal.

My god the writing in Gears 4 is awful.

Makes Gears 1-3 look like some Shakespearean shit.

And its occasional attempts at seeming “woke” and progressive are painful.
    Last edited by megladon8; 08-08-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quite enjoyed Gears 1 and 2. Recently picked up Gears 3. Quit halfway through. So repetitive and dull.

Fired up Skyrim on a whim and right now I’m doing a Ranger build. After many hours of wandering, sniping, house building, etc, I started up the mountain to visit the Grey Beards. As is tradition, I had to deal with Angry Karl the ice Troll.

Now he’s Angry Karl the pin cushion.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Attaboy!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    Gears 4 is 115 gigs ... wtf?!

Curious about this especially since Gears 5 is coming out soon but I just don't know... that's nearly 3 times the size of Gears 1.

... also does anyone else find cover based mechanics annoying as hell? Not like "Ima move around this corner / pillar / crate so the mobs can't hit me" but like pressing a button so your character sticks to the wall and peeks around the corner kinda shit.

It’s definitely feeling a bit dated.

I feel like Binary Domain and Spec Ops: The Line might represent the best the genre has to offer.

Finished Spiderman. Good game with amazing visuals and controls.

Started Far Cry 5 now. Always liked the franchise, wonderful sense of freedom and, crucially, never a dull moment. Still sweet to scope out a compound and plan my approach, picking off baddies without alerting the rest. It feels far more spontaneous and freeform than a rdr2 with lovely pandemonium when shit hits the fan. Lotsa bugs though, though no gamebreakers...so far.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]