Page 1141 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 14164110411091113111391140114111421143115111911241 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,525 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

- - - - -
    E3 leaks!

[
    ]

(Also, congrats Morris -- that's extremely cool!)

- - - - -
    Meanwhile, soooooooo many gaming YouTubers are pissed about this:

https://www.cnet.com/news/meet-the-a...ge-into-views/

I just fell into a hole of weird / angry / white / dude rants (I mean: "video essays") about it. JFC.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I kinda get it. If you're overly positive and excited for something you come off like Collier fanboys. Doing the exact opposite makes it appear you're not biased and have an objective opinion about whatever it is you're doing.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    It's insane. For people who work in media, they have zero media literacy. How tf is that possible?

This is compounded by them also being entitled wing-nuts who says whacked out shit for the sole purpose of getting attention (which some openly admit). I was watching these videos and smacking my forehead every time one of them claimed to be a consumer advocate.

The article is too narrow in its scope, though, too. The reporter doesn't address the simple idea that "negative" reactions could largely be a reaction to the endless hype that comes out of mainstream pubs, such as IGN and Gamespot, not to mention the developers and publishers themselves.

What a clusterfuck.

- - - - -
    BTW, Duke, are you doing your usual live-post / wrap-up of E3 this year? (Really hope so!)

Sure am. No Sony this year. feels weird. Putting all their resources into PS5? Makes me wonder if they are going to make Last of US 2 a PS5 exlsuive? I'm looking forward to Ubisoft's the most.

Though Sunday I have a soccer game at 5 so I'll likely do a recap of Bethesda.

Microsoft - Sunday, June 9, 1pm Pacific Time
    Bethesda - Sunday, June 9, 5:30pm Pacific Time
    Ubisoft - Monday, June 10, 1pm Pacific Time
    Square Enix - Monday, June 10, 6pm Pacific Time
    Nintendo - Tuesday, June 11, 9am Pacific Time

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh. I guess the EA one starts now.. but I'm probably not going to post much from them except for Star Wars stuff.

Ugh. This guy hosting is insufferable.

"They are making a star wars game! GIVE IT UP LA! CMON. IT"S STAR WARS. DUDES!"

Hmm. The footage they are showing looks like the Star Wars 1313 game we never got. An Uncharted feel- with the gameplay of Apex.

Looks like you team up with Forest Whitaker's character, Saw Gerrera? And you have a droid sidekick.....

Whoa cool. You can use all force powers? Light and Dark? Light saber throws. Stopping blaster shots? Pull/push...

- - - - -
    The combat looks fun (force powers never get old) ... but the rest looks like generic action/ adventure stuff, not much different from Uncharted, Far Cry, or Tomb Raider. (And nothing creates immersion like having a SKILLS ACQUIRED notice flash in the middle of play.)

But I'm more curious why anyone would buy a "Star Wars" game after the shit EA pulled with "Battlefront." Are people's memories really that short?

I think this is supposed to be EA's response to that. No multiplayer. Single player game. No micro-transactions. Just an immersive SP story with a focus on gameplay.

- - - - -
    Holy fuck WHO is this interviewer?! This dude couldn't be more grating. He shouts his questions and laughs at his own jokes.

ETA: HOLY SHIT that's @gameovergreggy? How the fuck is he so popular???
    Last edited by Irish; 06-08-2019 at 04:59 PM.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Looks like you team up with Forest Whitaker's character, Saw Gerrera? And you have a droid sidekick.....
    I thought it was hilarious that the playable hero is this generic, vaguely Hayden-ish white dude. Like EA saying, "yep, this is who we think our core audience is" and too afraid to go the direction the movies did.

I'm starting to really dislike games that force you to play as some pre-conceived hero. I wanna make my own character and name them myself.

- - - - -
    I think this is supposed to be EA's response to that. No multiplayer. Single player game. No micro-transactions. Just an immersive SP story with a focus on gameplay.
    Publishers like to say that now but post-release -- carefully timed until after the first reviews are posted -- I guarantee this'll have extra monetization, probably around multiplayer or co-op.

It's EA. They can't help fucking over their customers and making the sleazy choice.

- - - - -

^ Alpha gameplay for anyone who missed the live stream

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Holy fuck WHO is this interviewer?! This dude couldn't be more grating. He shouts his questions and laughs at his own jokes.

ETA: HOLY SHIT that's @gameovergreggy? How the fuck is he so popular???
    Isn't he the worst? That's EA's target audience? Bro yeller dude?

- - - - -
    Isn't he the worst? That's EA's target audience? Bro yeller dude?
    I'd heard of Miller before (he used to work for IGN) but I'd never seen one of his videos. He is absolute cringe. Zero charisma, no talent.

Somehow, this dude has 1.3 million followers on twitter and his company "Kinda Funny" has 250K subs on YouTube.

Greg Miller really is the worst.

I think a lot of his fan base stayed loyal longer than they would have otherwise, because he had cancer a few years back and it actually looked pretty grim for a while.

I mean, I am totally happy that he pulled through. I would never wish that on the guy. But his personality is gearing and I don’t understand his minor celeb status.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Publishers like to say that now but post-release -- carefully timed until after the first reviews are posted -- I guarantee this'll have extra monetization, probably around multiplayer or co-op.

It's EA. They can't help fucking over their customers and making the sleazy choice.

Kinda Funny became worthless as soon as Colin Moriarty was kicked out.

Between Halo: Infinite, Jedi: Fallen Order, and Elden Ring...this has already been a great E3.

So Keanu Reevesis in Cyberpunk 2077

How about Collaboration Between From Software And George R.R. Martin?

Gears 5 and oh, you can play as a Terminator for some reason.