Page 1120 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 12062010201070111011181119112011211122113011701220 ... LastLast
Results 27,976 to 28,000 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I use my PS3 regularly too. So many games I didn't get to that i have on hard copy. (Red Dead that I finished a few months ago preparing for Red Dead 2)
    Yeah I replayed Max Payne 3 like 4 times this summer.

It’s still a great system. Huge library.

I’m eternally bitter about my copy of Resistance 3 not working, though. Bought the trilogy, played the first two in succession and got invested. Number 3 doesn’t play.

Speaking of, what happened to that franchise? Why isn’t there a PS4 Resistance title? I mean, it was no Halo or CoD, but it was a popular and well reviewe series.

I’m going to guess the last Resistance wasn’t profitable. Played one and two, and didn’t bother with the third.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Yeah I replayed Max Payne 3 like 4 times this summer.

It’s still a great system. Huge library.

I’m eternally bitter about my copy of Resistance 3 not working, though. Bought the trilogy, played the first two in succession and got invested. Number 3 doesn’t play.

Speaking of, what happened to that franchise? Why isn’t there a PS4 Resistance title? I mean, it was no Halo or CoD, but it was a popular and well reviewe series.
    It wasn't the best shooter franchise. The first game was a marginal launch title. The second game was a huge step up, and had some great co-op, but still average overall. The third was nothing to write home about either but another marginal step up, but was told from an entirely different character perspective. So a lot of the lore from the first two games was lost.

I can send you Resistance 3 if you want to play. I won't ever touch it again.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Thanks for the responses, all.

I was leaning toward the PS4 because there's a deal now where you can get the base console + "Spider-man" for $200. And Sony wins on exclusives; I almost want the damned thing just to play "Horizon Zero Dawn" and "God of War."

But goddamn the XBOX One X, GamePass, and backwards compatibility looks pretty fucking sweet too (I've never played the original RDR or any of the Mass Effect games).

Finished the main story.

The ending was fantastic. Movie level good. Haven’t cried like that with a video game (that I can remember).

Going to try for platinum.

Love what they did with the Spider-Man lore and characters. Kept things fresh and new, while being true to established conventions. There were some very clever character moments. The slow transformation of Octavius was handled really well and gave extra emotional weight to the ending. And the way they tied previously unrelated characters together was very cool.

Also nice that it skipped origin stories for Peter, MJ, May and all the characters that everyone knows. The game starts with Peter already having been Spider-Man for 8 years.
    Yep. Great story indeed. I didn't stick with the DLC because I figured the gameplay would just be a whole lot more of the same. But down the line if they break out into Avengers or other full adventures, I'd definitely be interested. I liked how the geography included a Wakanda Center and the Avengers tower. I also liked that they left a considerable amount of villains out instead of cramming them in like Batman.

Batman is still better as you can tell Spider-Man just took the same approach. But this was a lot of fun.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    I've never owned an Xbox but there is just an enormous quantity of great games for PS4. I'm unconvinced there are that many on Xbox that you can't also get on PS4 (Forza being the one I'm most jealous of). if you don't care about the highest powered systems and the best graphics with a 4k HDR TV, then definitely get the PS4.

also if you have a PS4 you can get into PSVR too, which I have recently been doing and which is awesome.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Because of hardware failure, I've literally owned a dozen Xboxes. My xboxes have spent as much time in postal transit as in play time, no joke. Meanwhile, playstations keep right on chugging.

I had two RRODs with the XBOX 360. The second one would have cost 100 bucks to fix, and I already had the PS3, so that was the end of my XBOX career. Still, it was fun while it lasted, and I to this day miss playing Left 4 Dead, especially those fun late night chats Megs and I had where we would forget we were playing the game and just BS in the middle of the street, pausing only to shoot the occasional zombie who would show up and so rudely interrupt our conversation.

On the PS3 end of things, I had one of those fail on me as well. Kind of a bummer as I lost a lot of progress in a game I was playing and didn't want to start over on it. The replacement has been doing fine, altho I hardly touch it these days with the PS4 dominating things.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I envy you Irish or anyone who plays through the Mass Effect franchise for the first time.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I envy you Irish or anyone who plays through the Mass Effect franchise for the first time.
    Agreed.

Still some of the best sci-fo universe building, character work and storytelling in any medium ever, in my books.

And sure I’d love to take you up on a Resistance 3! Is there anything I can send you in return? If notgames then cigars? Canadian snacks (candy and chips) you can’t get in the USA?

Agreed.

Still some of the best sci-fo universe building, character work and storytelling in any medium ever, in my books.

And sure I’d love to take you up on a Resistance 3! Is there anything I can send you in return? If notgames then cigars? Canadian snacks (candy and chips) you can’t get in the USA?
    No worries at all. I feel like the least i could do is send you it. Sorry for all the jerk posts I've made towards you in the past.

PM me whatever address you want it sent to.

Don’t worry about it I’ve been a dick more than my fair share.

Dudez, never turn down Canadian candy bars.

I'm naive. What are they?

I'm naive. What are they?
    Theyre just different. So good. Crunchie is my jam.

Duke will receive a care package.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Because of hardware failure, I've literally owned a dozen Xboxes. My xboxes have spent as much time in postal transit as in play time, no joke. Meanwhile, playstations keep right on chugging.
    hell my fat PS2 is still going. been a couple years since it was hooked up but I have little doubt it would still work at ~18 years old
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    hell my fat PS2 is still going. been a couple years since it was hooked up but I have little doubt it would still work at ~18 years old
    Thanks. I just felt very, very old.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Thanks. I just felt very, very old.
    *pulls off his VR goggles* what year is it?

It seems that a new Alien game will be announced during the Game Awards. It will be titled Alien: Blackout.

https://twitter.com/AlienBlackout
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Red Dead Online by end of week for everyone.

Who wants to make a MC Posse?

Currently in Chapter 3. Got yelled at for not contributing enough money, but when looking at the books, my camp is absolutely terrible at contributing. Wish I could call them out on that. We've done plenty of upgrades. One time I heard Dutch yelling at everyone to get to work repeatedly... Curious where this is going considering, outside of what will be an obvious camp move once the city of Rhodes realizes we're frauds as sheriffs.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've been holding out to see if Red Dead was going to be announced on PC. But I'm likely going to buy on PS4 over Christmas Break. So I'll join up then.

Went back a bit to God of War as I felt bad leaving that game hanging and starting up RDR2.

It's a good game, but I miss the epic scale of the previous games. It's a bit samey, with encounters that resemble each other a bit too much. But I'll persevere though. It's too polished and fun to not go on with it.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Is anyone getting a Playstation Classic? If so, how are you going about getting one?