Page 1119 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 11961910191069110911171118111911201121112911691219 ... LastLast
Results 27,951 to 27,975 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I'm probably not giving RDR2 a fair shake I know and should play more before saying such things. But I don't like how sometimes a Rockstar open world, which promises so much, clashes with Rockstar's insistence on telling a rigidly cinematic story. That's GTA by the way. I hated how part V handholded you through some missions rather than saying, that's the mission, now you go figure things out any way you please.
    You're in the 'tutorial' section of the game. Once you get down off the mountain, shit opens up in a hurry.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Enjoying the missions far too much than to go off and hunt. This is a great thing, because before, in GTA/RDR I always thought it was a weakness to the game to have the other aspects of the world being more interesting than the game. I'd always get bored.

But I have to find five gunslingers for a man's book and collect some debts.

Plus, I have a $138 bounty on my head.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    You're in the 'tutorial' section of the game. Once you get down off the mountain, shit opens up in a hurry.
    I guess so. Yesterday, when I tried to venture outside the camp for no reason at all, my horse simply fell and called it quits.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I haven't started playing RDR2 yet, because I have December 10th- January 2nd off. And I have a feeling I will be playing that a lot during that time.

Also, there was an update to Ghost Recon Wildlands that added a new gameplay mode called "Ghost Mode". You play through the game again, but if you die in the game, there is no restart. You're dead and need to start the game over. So it really puts emphasis on the "recon" aspect of the game. To fully flesh out the area of attack before running in guns blazing. It's intense man.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Also, there was an update to Ghost Recon Wildlands that added a new gameplay mode called "Ghost Mode". You play through the game again, but if you die in the game, there is no restart. You're dead and need to start the game over. So it really puts emphasis on the "recon" aspect of the game. To fully flesh out the area of attack before running in guns blazing. It's intense man.
    If a game can get this type of mode right then it is a great game.

I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but RDR2 hasn't grabbed me yet. We'll see.

I'm more excited about the new Kingdom expansion/title coming out in a month, Kingdom: Two Crowns. I love these games so much.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Agreed. I first experienced this type of mode with DayZ. And it fascinated me because of how many hours you put into building your character, literally starting with nothing, only to have yourself killed by an infection because you didn't bandage one of your wounds correctly and died of sepsis.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Out of the snow now. Wow, this is breathtaking. Dolby D 5.1 makes the world come alive. I'm in the wilderness. Got into a fistfight with a dude, strange that there was never a tutorial for fisticuffs. Seems like there are quite a few moves, but I was just hammerin' buttons.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Devastating.......(fast forward to 12:04)

Delayed (again), but here is the box art.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

PSA- There are games being delisted from the Telltale deves as the studio liquidation has begun, so if there is something you've always wanted to play, e.g. Batman Telltale Series, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wolf Among Us, etc.... buy it now, because you may not get a chance to buy it ever again.

The batman game is a free download on win10.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Delayed (again), but here is the box art.
    This game is basically ripping of State of Decay, but way more polished. So I'm excited to play it.

Still really enjoying Spider-Man.

It’s freaking gorgeous and runs beautifully. Definitely a good showcase for the PS4.

The story telling is great. Wish they would go into thematic territory a little more so they can really position themselves as the next MCU (which is apparently the goal with this game - the dev’s said they wanted it to be for Marvel video games what Iron Man was to the movies).

I do think it could use a bit more content, though. Several areas of the city are devoid of anything for me to do now, and I think I’ve played only about 25 hours and haven’t completed the story yet.

If they want to even attempt to have attention paid to their open world Marvel games when games like RDR 2 and the Fallout/Elder Scrolls are around, they’ll haveto step it up.

Finished the main story.

The ending was fantastic. Movie level good. Haven’t cried like that with a video game (that I can remember).

Going to try for platinum.

Love what they did with the Spider-Man lore and characters. Kept things fresh and new, while being true to established conventions. There were some very clever character moments. The slow transformation of Octavius was handled really well and gave extra emotional weight to the ending. And the way they tied previously unrelated characters together was very cool.

Also nice that it skipped origin stories for Peter, MJ, May and all the characters that everyone knows. The game starts with Peter already having been Spider-Man for 8 years.

Some of the gameplay mechanics in RDR2 are hopelessly antiquated. I cannot understand one thing. I'm about to enter a compound by jumping over a wooden fence. The compound is packed with O Driscoll's men. My trespassery has been spotted by exactly ZERO of the men and yet, seconds later they're swarming to my position. Did I set off a fucking tripwire? No it's not a stealth game, I get that, but this kinda shit needs to fucking stop Rockstar.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

- - - - -
    Hey Duke, what consoles do you own?

I'm looking to buy on Black Friday and can't decide. Most of the deals are good and if I get 1-2 years use out of the console, I'll be satisfied.

Near as I can tell: PS4 has great exclusives but everything else is mediocre, the XBOX has a great back catalog and better services, and the Switch offers portable indies and Triple-A.

Any recommendations?

I've been a Playstation whore since the PS1. The dual shock and I are one.

The Switch is tempting, but the Wii U in the basement still plays Mario Kart and Zelda just fine. Plus, Wendy is ridiculously retro with her Nintendo stuff, so for Christmas she's getting an N64. She cracks out on her SNES more than the Wii or Wii U.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Plus, I've had my PS4 for five years now, and have no real interest in upgrading in the foreseeable future.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Hey Duke, what consoles do you own?

I'm looking to buy on Black Friday and can't decide. Most of the deals are good and if I get 1-2 years use out of the console, I'll be satisfied.

Near as I can tell: PS4 has great exclusives but everything else is mediocre, the XBOX has a great back catalog and better services, and the Switch offers portable indies and Triple-A.

Any recommendations?
    I'm probably not the best to ask. I've been known to hold a bias here and I only play primarily on Playstations as their exclusives interest me the most and everything else I play on PC. That being said, I own everything but an Xbone or Switch.

PS4 alone has God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-man, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 & The Lost Legacy, Last of Us Remaster, Last of Us 2 upcoming, The Last Guardian. So you'll have plenty to do on top of the multi-platform releases.

I’d throw my hat in the PS4 camp as well, Irish.

I have both it and XBox One, but that one I have barely touched aside from replaying Halo games.

I wish I had waited and gotten the XBox One X.

PS4, then Nintendo.

I'm still on PS3.

I use my PS3 regularly too. So many games I didn't get to that i have on hard copy. (Red Dead that I finished a few months ago preparing for Red Dead 2)