Page 1115 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 11561510151065110511131114111511161117112511651215 ... LastLast
Results 27,851 to 27,875 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

That’s nice.

Too little too late to get me back.

I downloaded it again.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So Fallout 76 isn't launching on steam. Which is good news for my time spent playing games.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

RDR 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer

OMG OMG OMG
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Pretty much how I remember it lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9...has_verified=1

48 minutes of "Cyberpunk 2077" gameplay

I'll be getting that.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Unfortunately I dont think I'll be playing anything but Division in the next 3 years.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That video though... there's a lot to love here. Watch as the ambulance flies in, debris moves from the air, and agents get out ... just phenomenal sense of physics here.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Unfortunately I dont think I'll be playing anything but Division in the next 3 years.
    Part one was one of the most compulsive games in a long time for me. Played it all alone too as that engendered a sense of isolation, of hope being forsaken, of death around every turn.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I’m trying to get through XCOM 2 on Commander difficulty, Iron Man mode. Was doing very well, and then lost my entire squad due to the third of the hybrid queens (Thanks a lot, DLC)
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Part one was one of the most compulsive games in a long time for me. Played it all alone too as that engendered a sense of isolation, of hope being forsaken, of death around every turn.

I received my copy of Fire Pro Wrestling World for the PS4 yesterday. I think the last version I played was on the PS2. Anyway, it welcome me back like an old friend.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Have seen a few comments and articles saying that Spider-Man PS4’s advertising and pre-release gameplay videos are not representative of what the final product looks like, even on PS4 Pro.

I’m so tired of this crap happening. Don’t lie to the consumer.

link?

Yeh those results are shocking. I'm surprised there's a developer commenting on them.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Spider-man Reviews

Overall, Insomniac Games has created a gorgeous, intricately made game that stands alone atop the pantheon of Spider-Man video games. Already touted as a console-seller for the PlayStation 4 (where it is available exclusively), Marvel's Spider-Man will undoubtedly satisfy any tingling Spider-Sense fans have.

SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter

I wanted Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 to make me feel like Spider-Man: To sail between the highrises of New York City, to nimbly web up hordes of enemies, and tussle with familiar, animal-themed villains. Insomniac Games’ first foray into the world of Marvel handily delivers on all of that. But what I didn’t expect from Spider-Man was to come away feeling just as fulfilled to have inhabited the life of Peter Parker. Aside from a few odd pacing issues, which momentarily took me out of the experience of being a superhero, and a world of optional missions that don’t always quite live up to the heft of the main story, Insomniac has delivered a Spider-Man story that both surprised and delighted me, coupled with gameplay that made me feel like Spider-Man nearly every step of the way. The Wall Crawler’s open world doesn’t consistently deliver the thrilling moments of its main campaign, but the foundation laid here is undoubtedly a spectacular one. [8.4/10]

SOURCE: IGN

But while it doesn’t advance the world of action-adventure superhero games too far forward, the title represents a huge leap for the future of Spider-Man himself as a video game star. Beyond its excellent mechanical refinement and its earnest fondness for the legacy of one of Marvel’s mightiest heroes, the unique strength of Spider-Man lies in its unlikely star. Every great Spider-Man story is actually a great Peter Parker story first and foremost—and no game in Spidey’s long-swinging history within the medium has nailed that idea quite as remarkably as this one.

SOURCE: io9

Ultimately, “Marvel’s Spider-Man” feels like the first entry in an ambitious and promising new series. Making it all the more unfortunate it didn’t do more to subvert expectations, or to pay off some of the more exciting possibilities it seemed to be gesturing toward — and it will likely always exist in the shadow of “Batman: Arkham Asylum.” But its masterful web-swinging and its undeniable sense of joy make for an experience that’s more gratifying and eminently replayable than anything seen from a superhero game in years.

SOURCE: Variety

Marvel’s Spider-Man is a terrific addition to the superhero video game canon and an addicting, thrilling experience that already has me itching to jump back in and swing through the city once again. [9/10]

SOURCE: Slash Film

To be fair, most of Spider-Man’s faults can’t be attributed to design decisions or a lack of effort on the developer’s part. Had it been released a couple of years ago (pre-Breath of the Wild), the collectible-driven approach to crafting an open world wouldn’t have hampered the overall experience. Still, even with a sometimes-boring city and the occasional rote stealth section, Marvel’s Spider-Man is easily the best Spider-Man game to date. Any respectable superhero or Marvel fan shouldn’t even think about skipping this one. [4/5]

SOURCE: We Got This Covered

Its main character is brilliantly realised and a real joy to play. Gameplay is as good as any Arkham game before it and the challenge on offer is tough but rewarding from the off. There’s a real journey here to enjoy as Peter Parker and the main baddies are an electric combination that keeps you coming back for more. Casual gamers may feel a little overwhelmed at first with number of skills to master. The game doesn’t gently ease you in, it’s full-on action all the way. But if you strap yourself in and let Spider-Man take you on an adventure through New York you’re going to have a blast. Marvel's Spider-Man is quite simply one of the best games of the year and an obvious must-buy for all PS4 owners. [5/5]

SOURCE: Daily Star

But as entertaining as Spider-Man is there’s not a single element of gameplay with any real depth and the game is clearly terrified of its audience not knowing what to do for more than a few seconds. In other words, it’s just like most older tie-in games that on the surface use their licence well but purposefully constrain its potential in order not to put off a wider audience. [7/10]

SOURCE:Metro

There aren’t many surprises to the game; despite being an open-world experience, it plays upon a linear story, and the twists that happen feel familiar. The action sequences are breathless and memorable, but after the game’s final act I was left wanting more. Just like a summer blockbuster, Spider-Man leaves too much waiting in the wings for its obviously upcoming sequel.

SOURCE: Polygon

Insomniac’s writers are on fine form, delivering a whip-smart MJ who’s far more than a damsel, and peppering combat with Spidey’s beautifully bad jokes. Its adjustment of J Jonah Jameson into a frothing shock jock is a little stroke of genius. But, in its efforts to produce compelling human drama, the narrative holds back the good stuff for far too long, resulting in a second act that feels stilted and a third that feels rushed. This game shows tremendous love for all things Spider-Man, and the ending packs a punch he would be proud of. But Insomniac relies too much on its hero to elevate the world built around him, with the result that the game wears thin some time before its powerful conclusion. [3/5]

SOURCE: Guardian

There’s going to come a day when the industry will have to move beyond open-world levels peppered with various objectives, towers that unlock portions of the map, RPG-lite mechanics, Arkham combat and stealth, and all the other tropes that fuel Insomniac’s Spider-Man. However, at a time when superhero games - much less good superhero games - are few and far between, it’s easy enough to recommend Spider-Man as a simply enjoyable game of its time that will hopefully lead us towards something a little more timeless. [4/5]

SOURCE: Den Of Geek

Once again, Sony has demonstrated why it is King of Console Exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man is better than it has any right to be. The simple pick-up-and-play action game most of us wanted evolves into a complex and demanding drama few expected. Insomniac achieves this transition without being jarring or heavy-handed, either; the progression of skills, collectibles, objectives and story is neatly and expertly paced. I never felt rushed or overwhelmed. Instead, I learned how to be Spider-Man. And thanks to an immersive story, I felt like Spider-Man too. Not just his ups, but his downs. (A memorable text exchange with Mary Jane was highly relatable content). You won’t want to put it down. And if you’re ever in NYC, you won’t like seeing parks, either. [9/10]

SOURCE: Newsweek

I buy most PS exclusives, but this one never really interested me that much, and those reviews aren't changing my mind. I may rent at redbox to see if it hooks me.

Spider-Man is the fastest-selling game of the year.

It's almost doubled God of War's first week, and is now the fastest-selling Marvel game of all time:

There's an Avengers game currently being made by top tier talent. Looks like they're gonna have to clear a bar, but wow if they get it right!! Flying around with Iron Man, Throwing the shield with the Cap all in no doubt glorious visuals, sounds amazing.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    There's an Avengers game currently being made by top tier talent. Looks like they're gonna have to clear a bar, but wow if they get it right!! Flying around with Iron Man, Throwing the shield with the Cap all in no doubt glorious visuals, sounds amazing.
    Same makers as the Spider-Man game?

I have God of War and The Happy Few to play before I can justify anything...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Same makers as the Spider-Man game?

I have God of War and The Happy Few to play before I can justify anything...
    No it's being developed by Square. It's been over two years in the making at this point and we haven't seen any footage.

Rocksteady games (creators of the Arkham Series)has a new DC game in the works too, and it's rumored to be a Superman game.