Page 1099 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 995999991049108910971098109911001101110911491199 ... LastLast
Results 27,451 to 27,475 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    It's official everyone. October 26th, Red Dead 2.

I plan on playing through Red Dead on PS Now.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I guffawed when a friend un-ironically said they would love to see a Red Dead Redemption game in modern times with cars and stuff.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I guffawed when a friend un-ironically said they would love to see a Red Dead Redemption game in modern times with cars and stuff.
    Lol.

I'm currently playing Red Dead in the Jungle (Ghost Recon Wildlands)

It's quite fun.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Re-bought the original Resident Evil (well, the GCN HD face-lift that was ported to the Wii), it was only $9, so that's been fun. Tank controls aside, the dread is still pretty aces, and the GCN remake added the "Crimson Head" mechanic, where if you don't torch the zombies or blow their heads clean off, they revive faster and claw-ier.

I've been wanting to replay that for a long time.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I've been wanting to replay that for a long time.
    Forgot to say, the item system is so thoroughly bunk. I was so used to Resident Evil 4 that I forgot there was a time when you could only carry eight to ten items, and mansion keys qualified as "items" and took up as much space as a shotgun.

Lots of trips to that magical storage box.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Re-bought the original Resident Evil (well, the GCN HD face-lift that was ported to the Wii), it was only $9, so that's been fun. Tank controls aside, the dread is still pretty aces, and the GCN remake added the "Crimson Head" mechanic, where if you don't torch the zombies or blow their heads clean off, they revive faster and claw-ier.
    I played through the remaster on the PS4 recently, and it is still an incredible game.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Forgot to say, the item system is so thoroughly bunk. I was so used to Resident Evil 4 that I forgot there was a time when you could only carry eight to ten items, and mansion keys qualified as "items" and took up as much space as a shotgun.

Lots of trips to that magical storage box.
    Ever watch people play with a speed run? It's incredible.

Speaking of re-releases. This totally slipped under my radar, but the guy who created the greatest game of the Genesis/SNES generation (Mutant League Football, for those of you following along at home) ran a successful kickstarter for its spiritual successor, Mutant Football League, and it's now available on PS4 and XBone, and I think PC too.

Gonna have to check it out! Looks super fun and crazy.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ever watch people play with a speed run? It's incredible.
    No, I'll have to check that out.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Speaking of re-releases. This totally slipped under my radar, but the guy who created the greatest game of the Genesis/SNES generation (Mutant League Football, for those of you following along at home) ran a successful kickstarter for its spiritual successor, Mutant Football League, and it's now available on PS4 and XBone, and I think PC too.

Gonna have to check it out! Looks super fun and crazy.
    Played it at a buddy's the other night. Good times!
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Ha! I'll look in to that! Let me know how it is.

Mutant League Football that is.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That game ruuuuuuuuled.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Still playing Celeste. Almost 25 hours now. There are so many secrets in this game, it's remarkable. Some of the tightest 2D platforming I've ever experienced. The speedruns for this will be AMAZING.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Metroid prime 4 done by Namco Bandai Singapore. On that team are members who previously worked on Star wars 1313.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Monster Hunter World continues to be an incredible experience.

I hit a bit of a lull for a bit around the 20 hour mark, but once I got through that it's been an absolute joy. I'm sitting at about 40 hours played, and things are picking up. The lull was there because I had hit a wall with some item progression. I wasn't finding/getting any good mats for crafting and upgrading my gear. But that went away, and now each session is challenging and rewarding. Fighting the giant monsters with a group of people is never boring.

Read an article about it today that said the monsters act like real animals when attacked - they run, hide, cower, try to get away, sometimes even scream / cry in pain.

Read an article about it today that said the monsters act like real animals when attacked - they run, hide, cower, try to get away, sometimes even scream / cry in pain.
    Yeah. There is one in particular that makes a really pitiful crying sound is is stumbles away when it's almost dead.

But it is a MONSTER! And it must be killed! So I can get more loot! To kill more MONSTERS!

Sounds like Shadow of the Colossus but w/o the pathos
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

There's quite a bit of pathos involved. I often feel bad for hunting the creatures.

But that's the name of the game!

You can't progress with out hunting them, just like you can't progress without killing the Colossi.

....and I'm out.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

6 words can sum up my experience with MGS V so far...

“What the fuck is going on?”

I think that qualifies for every MGS.

Today I picked up Inversion and Game of Thrones for PS3. Has anyone played either of these?

6 words can sum up my experience with MGS V so far...

“What the fuck is going on?”
    What, exactly, is the confusion? I played it for a good little while last year—incredible game, I need to get back to it (as well as the new Zelda, which resembles MGSV in a lot of ways).

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    What, exactly, is the confusion? I played it for a good little while last year—incredible game, I need to get back to it (as well as the new Zelda, which resembles MGSV in a lot of ways).
    The entire prologue in the hospital. No idea what happened that whole time. Was I supposed to know who fire guy was? Or who weird psychokinesis straight jacket person was? Was the dude guiding me and covered in bandages actually there or a hallucination? Who is Big Boss (I thought the character you play is Solid Snake)? Am I supposed to know why I am in this hospital?

And now I’m in Afghanistan to find a dude named Miller. Again, am I supposed to know who he is? And why am I now voiced by Kiefer Sutherland?