Page 1093 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 935939931043108310911092109310941095110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 27,301 to 27,325 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    What was the final verdict on Fallout 4?
    Two years after its release, and at least 200 hours in, I still pick it up on occasion and discover new stuff. It's my go to game when I just wanna chill out and tool around some. My guy's pretty powerful, so I can pretty much rambo my way through anything, which is fine with me.

Do I need to spend a lot of time on the settlement stuff? I really hate building stuff in games.
    No you don't, really. It's certainly not required for the plot. However, the better you make your settlements' defenses, the less you need to worry about defending them. Once you get a few missile turrets, you can just sit back and watch them blow super-mutants to fleshy little bits. I have had a lot of fun building up some of my settlements with large multi-level dwellings and such, tho. Just don't make Duke's mistake and lose your Nick Valentine.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    You can ignore the building stuff entirely. But I think it's fun as hell. Spent serious time on all my settlements.

Losing Nick Valentine made me want to spend 300 hours and replay/rebuild the entire game.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Cool. Started it again last night, after putting it down when it first came out.

Really looking forward to it.

Really curious about NieR Automata, even moreso after reading that article.

Just intimidated by it as I haven’t played (and no nothing about) the first.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

You can totally player Automata without playing the first. There are references to the previous game, but the games take place thousands of years apart and what you uncover about the history of the world is more about what happened in the interim rather than explicitly building on the past. At least, that's how I felt as a person who loved the original.

But the first is really glorious, too. Less refined in terms of combat, but an incredible achievement (with a soundtrack I think I liked somehow more than the sequel's) in its own right.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Really curious about NieR Automata, even moreso after reading that article.

Just intimidated by it as I haven’t played (and no nothing about) the first.
    I only played a few hours of the first one, and loved Automata.

What was the final verdict on Fallout 4?

Do I need to spend a lot of time on the settlement stuff? I really hate building stuff in games.
    Nah. I wasted a bunch of time on it. It's boring.

Not really impressed with the game on the whole. It's just more of the same.

Nier: Automata is definitely the next game I intend to purchase. Though I still have 70ish hours of Persona left, so it may be awhile.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    It's just more of the same.
    To be honest, that's kind of what I want.

Still enjoying Nioh, but I’ll be damned if I don’t find it repetitive.

Same enemies over and over, and about 3 different environment types on constant repeat.

Feel like they had SO much room for creativity with the yokai, yet there’s like...3.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Feel like they had SO much room for creativity with the yokai, yet there’s like...3.
    That really bummed me out. There are like thousands of yokai. I was hoping to see and fight way more than I did.

That really bummed me out. There are like thousands of yokai. I was hoping to see and fight way more than I did.

There’s big demon looking one. Smaller demon looking one. Big zombi Guy. Small zombie guy.

So disappointing.

To be honest, that's kind of what I want.
    I'm at a point in Shadow of Mordor where I'm kinda stuck and a little frustrated, so I put it down for a bit, and popped in Fallout, and tooled around the swampy part south of Diamond City. And I discovered an entirely new gang and a new set of missions.

Now all I wanna do is play Fallout some more. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Bayonetta 1 and 2 coming to Switch!

And so is [
    ]
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

The PSN flash sales used to regularly rock, but I’ve been finding them really lame lately.

$20 for Uncharted is pretty great.

No one's made the jump to VR yet? Me neither but I remain intrigued. There's an update coming for Wipeout Omega collection that lets you play the whole game in VR. If it loses nothing in visuals, I gotta say that could be jawdropping.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

No. VR interests me on one level and one level only. Horror. I want to play Outlast in VR. Or Resident Evil 7 in VR. I'm not going to spend $600 to do that though.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    No. VR interests me on one level and one level only. Horror. I want to play Outlast in VR. Or Resident Evil 7 in VR. I'm not going to spend $600 to do that though.
    Same.

I figure there's some good stuff down the line in the next version of PS or X-Box. Especially if it takes on the technology that was in Inarritu's Carne Y Arena... But you need space to walk around and more interaction. I'll walk into my Christmas tree right now lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

PSN holiday sale

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...m=or-st-128234

Of course every Rockstar game but Red Dead is on sale...

Remind me what everyone thought of (PS3) Rage and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I feel people here were split between liking and hating.

Rage is awful.... Id's worst game. The world isn't that big, the racing is completely out of place and they even recycled the maps. So the first time you explore an area (linear btw) you explore the same area in reverse in the later missions. Same area, just worked backwards.

Dues Ex is fun, but I hated all the human sized air vents which you can use to solve every mission.

Also, unless you got the director's cut, the boss fights are mostly terrible and completely different than the core game because they out sourced them to a different (much less talented) developer.

I really liked Rage. It looks great, and the gun-play is some of the best around. The guns feel super powerful, and the fights are dynamic. It's short, but it feels like only 1/2 a game because of the lack of content and sudden ending. But overall, I really enjoyed it.

Can't argue that Rage doesn't look gorgeous, because it does.