Page 1086 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 865869861036107610841085108610871088109611361186 ... LastLast
Results 27,126 to 27,150 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Hob might be the best game I've played since the original Dark Souls. It's totally blowing my mind.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    If you wanna talk barren, play GTAV and expect something to happen in the ocean other than getting eaten by a shark.

They give you a fucking submarine and there's literally nothing to explore.
    To be fair, it's not a diving simulation. And I recall pictures of a huge ship wreck lying on the bottom of the ocean.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Anyone at all interested in Cuphead? It's a tough game apparently, but even in an era when many stunning side-scrollers have been released, Cuphead looks absolutely, mouthwateringly beautiful.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    To be fair, it's not a diving simulation. And I recall pictures of a huge ship wreck lying on the bottom of the ocean.
    That's part of a main quest.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Anyone at all interested in Cuphead? It's a tough game apparently, but even in an era when many stunning side-scrollers have been released, Cuphead looks absolutely, mouthwateringly beautiful.
    Id buy it in a heartbeat if it comes to PS4.

I was very scared after so many years of development and the pressure of being an Xbox One exclusive that Cuphead would be released and get something in the 70s on metacritic and be viewed as a massive bomb. But instead it got something in the 80s and everything is okay.

Gaming criticism is so fucked up.

Oh my god you guys. Hob. I am in heaven.
    Hob might be the best game I've played since the original Dark Souls. It's totally blowing my mind.
    I hadn't heard of the game until your posts. Thanks for the heads up, this looks really cool.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Hob is blowing my mind like every ten minutes. Some of the most jaw dropping moments I've experienced in a video game. To make an easy comparison, imagine Bastion meets Abe's Odyssey meets Zelda. But more esoteric and mysterious. One of the most interesting and imaginative worlds I've ever explored.

F. M. A.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Has to be Superman or Justice League, right?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Looks like Dragons Dogma is being remastered and released on the PS4. Worth my time?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Eh, I didn't like it at all.

It tried to be part Skyrim, part Dark Souls, and fails miserably at both.

Frankly I found it really boring.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Looks like Dragons Dogma is being remastered and released on the PS4. Worth my time?
    Yes. If you approach it for what it is. The combat is great. Especially he ranged and magical combat. It can be frustrating and annoying but it can also be a really cool experience. It's the most D&D like video game I've played. The included DLC is supposed to be incredible. I haven't tried it yet.

It does have some super annoying dialog and characters though.

Any big FF enthusiasts around here?

Final Fantasy? I played them all through XIII (even XI)

Any recommendations where to start in the series so I can give it a real, serious go?

Wow. That's a tough one! Not really sure how to answer it. But I'll just rank them as I can remember.

I guess I would start with what I would say is the best first, and tell you to ignore the XIII series, and work your way through? You're talking about hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay.

So if I had to rank them.

VII- My all-time favorite game ever (Materia System - one of the hardest / most complicated in the series)
    VI- Job system
    VIII- Best Music and Junction system is super easy to use
    IX- Excellent Story and Tetra Master (card game) system was fun- but frustrating
    IV- Active Time Battle system
    XII - Introduces open world to Final Fantasy - Made me miss the random battles- I never finished it.
    V- Job system - fight battle sequences
    III
    II
    I
    XIII -Hated the "Paradigm" system- works as a spider web basically
    X- Hated Blitzball and the Sphere Grid

Awesome info Duke, thanks so much

FF7 is one I tried when it first came out on PS1, but had absolutely ZERO experience or knowledge of RPGs, turn based combat, or how to play either.

There was a sequence in an elevator with several fights that I could never pass.

Does the game still hold up? I mean, I know that's hard to request an unbiased answer for seeing as you said it's your #1 of all time. Just wondering if you think it's aged well?

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I haven't played it since 1997 on PSX. I've been waiting for the remake (as others have as well). I purchased it on steam last year but still never installed it.

It's one of those games that I'm afraid to replay, because I dont want those nostalgic memories altered. There hasn't been a game released that has had this big of an impact on me . (maybe Metal Gear) I have been tempted to setup my steambox and play it though.

I own one of the rare misprinted PSX packaging too. Currently sells for $165 on amazon.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Awesome info Duke, thanks so much

FF7 is one I tried when it first came out on PS1, but had absolutely ZERO experience or knowledge of RPGs, turn based combat, or how to play either.

There was a sequence in an elevator with several fights that I could never pass.

Does the game still hold up? I mean, I know that's hard to request an unbiased answer for seeing as you said it's your #1 of all time. Just wondering if you think it's aged well?
    Hold up? Ehhhhh...... Like Duke, I've invested a shit ton of hours into it. I would always get giddy when the dark music would kick in, and even more giddy when the true Sephiroth theme would kick in, and don't get me started on the final fight music.

It was great in the day, but even back then the game graphics were blocky, but the cut scenes were awesome. I do miss the turn based combat system. If you have no problem playing old video games, give it a go. There is a multi chapter remake release coming out one of these years.

EDIT: The elevator fights are a bit of a challenge. In this day and age, look online for how to beat it.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

The cut scenes were so cutting edge for it's time. And honestly, I dont remember the character being blocky. When did you first play it Scar?
    The music was phenomenal. Still echos in my head sometimes. I still feel FF8 has the better soundtrack though.

Whatever you do, don't defeat Yuffie. She's such a pain in the ass. Run away!

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The cut scenes were so cutting edge for it's time. And honestly, I dont remember the character being blocky. When did you first play it Scar?
    The music was phenomenal. Still echos in my head sometimes. I still feel FF8 has the better soundtrack though.

Whatever you do, don't defeat Yuffie. She's such a pain in the ass. Run away!
    I played it on PS One back in college ('97 maybe?) And yes, FF8's sound track is phenomenal. It was one of the first Playstation games I got, as well as Gran Turismo and Bushido Blade.

I :heart: Yuffie.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I loved the FF games in middle school. Played and beat 7, 8, 9, and 10. My favorite was 9, but I enjoyed them all. Kinda doubt I would love them today. I've been sort of playing the remaster of 12 though and it's really cool. So is Type-0.

Wow duke, I'm kinda shocked. As someone who came to FF late, I would say X is a great jumping off point. Easy to get on board with. Because of X, it was easy for me to fall in love with 9, 8, and 7. 7 is amazeballs, but its really old school at this point. It was better for someone like me who didn't know the series, to get an understanding of the dynamics via X and then work backwards.

Start with Final Fantasy Tactics