Page 1055 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 555559551005104510531054105510561057106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 26,351 to 26,375 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

So just as I thought, preliminary reviews and reviews-in-progress are saying No Man's Sky is a bit of a slog.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

We shall see. It just arrived in the mail. I can't wait to fire it up tonight!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

It is downloading right now. Hopefully play a little tonight.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So just as I thought, preliminary reviews and reviews-in-progress are saying No Man's Sky is a bit of a slog.
    Kind of figured, but I'm a slogging kind of guy!

And i really need to give Dark Souls a rest. I invaded a guy's game as he was headed to the Abyss Watchers, and slaughtered both him and the friendly phantom he summoned.

I swear the only reason I invaded is because nobody summoned me for ten minutes to help them with the Abyss Watchers!

.....and maybe a twelve pack.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I found myself kind of disappointed with DS3. Still better than 99% of the other games out there, but I didn't have be drive to play through it several times the way I did with previous entries.

Still in the middle of Dark Souls III. Dove into it right after Bloodborne (which might be my favorite Souls-ish game, actually), and maybe I should've waited longer. It's good. It's awesome. It's a really good game. But despite some nifty things, it mostly feels like I've played this before. I hope there's more Bloodbornes in From's future than DS3's.

Yes you said it perfectly.

I'm not sure why. Perhaps because I discovered the tremendous joy of Android emulation or perhaps because I never actually completed it, but I started playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past inbetween my bombastic and wholly predictable Black Ops III sessions. Great game. It plays perfectly, my Note 4 the ultimate handheld.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I found myself kind of disappointed with DS3. Still better than 99% of the other games out there, but I didn't have be drive to play through it several times the way I did with previous entries.
    That's why I didn't get into the Souls games again until now. I played Demons Souls so much, that I needed to recharge and take a break from the series. Hell, I never finished Bloodborne.

Fired up No Man's Sky last night. Immediately proceeded to download the huge update. Then the game started, the intro screen, then... crash. I tried starting the second time... crash. Third time was a charm. I found myself on a cold-ass planet with my ship stuck in a ravine and out of plutonium. Looks like I need to search for plutonium, but I can't venture too far from the ship for too long, cuz it's tool cold and I need to come back to the ship and warm up or i'll die and fuck it i just got off a 15 hour work day I'm going to bed.

So far, so good!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ugh, You're gonna make me buy it before I leave for camping on Thurs....
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Fired up No Man's Sky last night. Immediately proceeded to download the huge update. Then the game started, the intro screen, then... crash. I tried starting the second time... crash. Third time was a charm. I found myself on a cold-ass planet with my ship stuck in a ravine and out of plutonium. Looks like I need to search for plutonium, but I can't venture too far from the ship for too long, cuz it's tool cold and I need to come back to the ship and warm up or i'll die and fuck it i just got off a 15 hour work day I'm going to bed.

So far, so good!
    You can recharge your life support and other things by harvesting the necessary plutonium or what not, and charge in the field. Go to the exo suit inventory screen, and highlight whichever support system is low, and you'll be able to recharge it if you have the necessary supplies/isotopes/minerals/what not.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ugh, You're gonna make me buy it before I leave for camping on Thurs....
    I'm on the road until Thursday afternoon for work, and then heading up north. I should be able to get back to it Saturday afternoon / evening.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    NIce,

Quantum Break' reaches Steam on September 14th
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

With everyone talking about Pokemon Go, it got me wanting to play a proper game. Went out and bought a New 3DS, and it's pretty cool. Not PS Vita cool, but I still like it.

I got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Fire Emblem Fates, and Ocarina of Time 3D. Hardly even played Pokemon after all. Ocarina of Time hooked me real good, but I can't beat the damn evil horse trainer to get Epona. I can tell Fire Emblem is my type of game, but I already kinda regret choosing hard mode (apparently normal is hard enough, what with permadeath and all that).

I can already tell the 3DS will get most of its value from providing me a way to play NES and SNES classics I was too young for in their heyday. So far I have Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Metroid. I'm sure most of you have beaten Mario 3 many times, but I'm finding it really hard. Currently stuck in the third world. As for Metroid--this is fucking awesome. Great atmosphere.

What other NES/SNES classics should I get? I'm eyeing Mega Man, Super Mario World, and A Link to the Past.

I didnt know they had so many classics on 3ds. Hmmm maybe i should get one too. Super Mario World is all best Mario game. Lots of variety and depth.

This wasn't made clear to me upon purchasing (luckily I just splurged anyway), but you have to have the New 3DS to play SNES games for some reason. The regular ol' 3DS will only play NES classics.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

No Man's Sky is pretty neat. Very relaxing, actually.

I just found a planet that is rainbow coloured, with giant eels flying all through the sky, and all sorts of living vegetation that's dancing and bouncing around on the ground.

I called it Wonderland.

No Man's Sky is pretty neat. Very relaxing, actually.

I just found a planet that is rainbow coloured, with giant eels flying all through the sky, and all sorts of living vegetation that's dancing and bouncing around on the ground.

I called it Wonderland.

I've been watching the livestreams of NMS intently, as I don't have the time to play such a game at this stage of life. I've just started Bioshock Infinite, and I'm blown away by the graphics on this game. And everything else, quite frankly.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I can already tell the 3DS will get most of its value from providing me a way to play NES and SNES classics I was too young for in their heyday. So far I have Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Metroid. I'm sure most of you have beaten Mario 3 many times, but I'm finding it really hard. Currently stuck in the third world. As for Metroid--this is fucking awesome. Great atmosphere.

What other NES/SNES classics should I get? I'm eyeing Mega Man, Super Mario World, and A Link to the Past.
    You should really go ahead and get the 3DS Zelda game A Link Between Worlds as well as Super Mario Land 3D. They are some of the best games Nintendo has released in either franchise and they both draw heavily on the classic games.

There is a lot of good new stuff for the 3DS so using it just to play NES games seems like a waste to me!
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    There is a lot of good new stuff for the 3DS so using it just to play NES games seems like a waste to me!
    Oh, agreed. I'm playing current games on it too. Mainly Fire Emblem Fates. I actually borrowed my friend's 3DS years ago and played A Link Between Worlds. Great game. As far as 3DS exclusives go, I've been thinking about getting Mario Golf: World Tour next. Or Majora's Mask 3d, if that counts.