Page 1051 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 515519511001104110491050105110521053106111011151 ... LastLast
Results 26,251 to 26,275 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    RE7 isn't JUST for VR is it?
    No.

Also keep in mind, Sony tricked fans. Remember the teaser they showed hinting at a new RE?

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Good to know some high profile stuff is coming to VR. Can't wait!
    Even some of the low profile stuff looks pretty good. None of this was at PAX.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So is Death Stranding Silent Hills with a new title?

Or did they completely redo the game?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Year after year I feel like Sony knows how to get people excited. They show people established IP/sequels and still take chances on their exclusive new IPs. We saw four new IPs at this show.

Spider-man (PS4 exclusive)
    Death Stranding (Unclear)
    Resident Evil fucking 7 (PS-VR exclusive w/ release date)
    Days Gone (PS4 exclusive)
    God of War (PS4 exclusive)
    Detroit: Become Human. (PS4 exclusive)
    Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4 exclusive)
    Last Guardian (PS4 exclusive w/ release date)

That right there is ridiculous.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So is Death Stranding Silent Hills with a new title?

Or did they completely redo the game?
    Great question! I feel like they are JJ Abrham-sing us. The less we know, the more excited we are.

Edit: Actually, no way it's Silent Hills. Konami owns the rights to that IP and this is just a new game with Hideo Kojima.

So it was Hideo Kojima's way of getting around that hurdle.

Edit 2: It makes sense now why they revealed so little when Kojima left Konami and canceled all the projects. ANd why Konami got pissed off and removed his name from MGS's book sleeve and everything. Sony must have thrown a ton of money at him. So this game very well may be an exclusive to Sony.

A bunch of sources are saying it is.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/d...r-hideo-kojima
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 06-14-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Hmmm cool. I imagine many of the ideas and mechanics from Silent Hills will remain. Sort of a "this is as close as you're going to get" type situation.

I have officially preordered both God of War and RE7.

Spider-Man looks awesome, but I've been fooled by Spider-Man game trailers in the past. I'll wait til release for that one.

I wonder if Death Stranding still has Guillermo del Toro and Junji Ito's involvement.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I wonder if Death Stranding still has Guillermo del Toro and Junji Ito's involvement.
    Yeah I wondered the same thing. The trailer has me very intrigued and feeling completely lost.

Ooooh and I love that Spidey costume, don't you? White spider actually works really well.

I find it weird, but I'll probably get used to it and they will definitely have DLC costume changes. The folks behind Sunset Overdrive is making the game, which seems like a really good fit for Spidey from what little I've played that game.

Did they announce anything about a cheaper PS4 slim? I haven't seen anything about that.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    watching the gameplay demos, this looks great
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I find it weird, but I'll probably get used to it and they will definitely have DLC costume changes. The folks behind Sunset Overdrive is making the game, which seems like a really good fit for Spidey from what little I've played that game.

Did they announce anything about a cheaper PS4 slim? I haven't seen anything about that.
    Er hem.... the folks from Infamous! Are making the game. (Sunset Overdrive is basically the same game as Infamous)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Er hem.... the folks from Infamous! Are making the game. (Sunset Overdrive is basically the same game as Infamous)
    SOLD
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Is this a joke I'm not getting...?
    Movie Theater Diary

Ive been thinking about that Detroit synthetic human trailer all day. That kind of affected me emotionally. Wow.

Is this a joke I'm not getting...?
    Heh not really. I said in here a while back when Sunset Overdrive came out that Insomaic Games ripped off Infamous. They're almost the exact same game. I was joking with my above post so sorry to bacon for misleading him.

Hideo Kojima on stage. "I'm back". About to show something new....

EDIT: OH SHITTTTTT. Norman Reedus.. Is this Silent Hill?!?!?

Edit 2: Called: Death Stranding

It's a MIND-FUCK-Trailer......... Just wow.
    I feel like reposing the full trailer shown at E3 last night to see the full effect of the hype/intro.

Heh not really. I said in here a while back when Sunset Overdrive came out that Insomaic Games ripped off Infamous. They're almost the exact same game. I was joking with my above post so sorry to bacon for misleading him.
    Ah. Well, the main reason I said it's a good fit was aesthetics rather than gameplay. There's a sense of humor and whimsy and colorfulness in SO that translates well to Spidey, that I don't remember was present in the more straightforward Infamous games.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ah. Well, the main reason I said it's a good fit was aesthetics rather than gameplay. There's a sense of humor and whimsy and colorfulness in SO that translates well to Spidey, that I don't remember was present in the more straightforward Infamous games.
    Yeh that's a good point. Humor + Gameplay will make for a great Spidey. I think all of those games are great super hero games. And I'm really excited for this Spider-man game to be answer to my: 'I want an Arkham styled game for every super hero' request.

A retro shooter I wish someone would do something new with is Unreal.

No, not Unreal Tournament. Unreal.

That's still one of my factories, and it's rich with great sci-fi horror ideas.

It also has the best video game soundtrack of all time.

Speculations will be rampant.

Movie Theater Diary

Telltale is doing Batman too, but since Game of Thrones, I've kind of gotten tired of that style of game already.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Okay so after reading some words from Kojima, it sounds like Death Stranding has absolutely nothing to do with his previous project with Del Toro.

Call me thick, but I didn't realize that the new Kojima symbol (with the Spartan helmet) is from this game.

Apparently it's an action game through and through, and Kojima says it is something brand new and never seen before.

Thoughts on E3:

- Horizon gameplay seems terrific: very fluid and dynamic. The script, dialogue animations, and acting do not seem good. The running animation seems a bit odd, too. But the combat and the robust visuals are just enormously appealing.

- Detroit: Become Human looks pretty amazing. I'm very interested in the investigative bits; I really hope it scratches the itch left by the promising but unfulfilling L.A. Noire. However, the "you can't kill me; I'm not alive" line was very stupid and that has me a tad worried. I am not familiar with David Cage's work, but I know that the reception to his games has been divisive. That one line of dialogue notwithstanding, this was the best new game I saw at E3. Well, I know it's not technically "new," as it was announced last year, but I missed that bit of news.

- Spider-Man
    looks good. We'll see. Should have been Spider-Gwen or Miles Morales, though. Peter's still interesting, but we've seen so much of him.

- I do wish that the The Last Guardian was just a little more visually impressive outside of the art style. It still seems to bear traces of its genesis as a PS3 game. At the end of the day, though, this is such a trifling complaint, as the game still looks quite nice and I imagine seeing it in motion firsthand and actually playing it will yield a greater appreciation of what's going on visually. Alongside Zelda, it's the only game that was shown that I know I will be buying.

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Link has terrible morning breath confirmed)...I actually know very little about this one and that was deliberate. Nintendo streamed, like, five hours of this game? What? I made the choice before E3 that I would go into this new Zelda game with as little foreknowledge as possible and I'm sticking to it. Admittedly, I've "cheated" by seeing a couple of non-spoilery .gifs, like this amazing one, and one unrevealing screenshot. I'm cutting myself off there. Among the games shown at E3, this was apparently the most talked about one on social media, and I've seen a few basic impressions that indicate it looked quite good.

- ABZÛ releasing on August 2nd is great news as it seems so well-suited to the summer months. Very excited about this one. More people should be talking about and anticipating this game. Some of the folks who worked on Journey worked on it, and it will likely appeal to those who enjoyed that game.
    Last edited by Gittes; 06-17-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Quoting Gittes (view post)

- I do wish that the The Last Guardian was just a little more visually impressive outside of the art style. It still seems to bear traces of its genesis as a PS3 game. At the end of the day, though, this is such a trifling complaint, as the game still looks quite nice and I imagine seeing it in motion firsthand and actually playing it will yield a greater appreciation of what's going on visually. Alongside Zelda, it's the only game that was shown that I know I will be buying.
    Spot on. When this was announced (in 2008?) it looked masterful. But we've come a long way since then. Never understood why they didn't release this on PS3.