Page 1024 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 24524924974101410221023102410251026103410741124 ... LastLast
Results 25,576 to 25,600 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I wouldn't trust myself to build a pc.
    It's really easy. Especially with today's tech. But if you want to buy pre-built (which I am also a fan of) there's plenty of sites that you can customize.

If you'd like to try building, this amount of money can get you a sweet rig. ($812) I'd go for the sweet spot at a minimum though.

A comparable build (pre-built) would cost you $959.

How much you willing to spend?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Master Chief Collection 20gig patch just finished downloading. Yes!

Halo 5 day one patch of 9gigs! Damnit!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

The par times for missions in Halo:CE in the Master Chief Collection are nuts.

I just played the mission "Two Betrayals", and it took me a little under 2 hours. The par time is 20 minutes!!

The remastered version of Halo 2 looks and sounds absolutely phenomenal.

I simply cannot say enough about the work 343 has done on Halo 2: Anniversary.

Stunning.

Looks like one of the best PC RPGs of all time - Divinity Original Sin - has not only survived the transition to consoles, but has also benefited greatly from the enhanced version and new controls.

Can't wait to dive in.

Halo 5 has gotten positive reviews, but it's kind of crazy reading about how the game does not reflect what we saw in commercials and advertisements.

Some publications are going so far as to accuse Microsoft of a bait and switch.

Sorta dated, No Man's Sky: June 2016

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Sorta dated, No Man's Sky: June 2016
    What's taking so long?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

My guess is stability. They were really worried about their demo crashing at E3.

Divinity Original Sin....now that is a proper RPG.

Played about 2 hours last night, and I've never felt more like I was playing a PP-RPG while playing a video game.

First off - it is SLOW. It's pretty much the antithesis of modern video game design. You move slowly, the game takes its time, you have to be methodical in everything, and even simple combat encounters take time. The game does nothing for you. You manage every facet of the game from character stats to abilities, items, searching, disarming traps, finding secret doors, etc. It is a game that trusts its players to get it, a game that assumes that its players have played PP-RPGs before.

And it's all the better for it.

It also looks great and sounds great.

I have a feeling this game is going to suck a ton of my time away this holiday season.

Crazy

Playing through all 4 MC Halo games before hitting 5.

On 3 now, and holy crap. I have never felt localized rumbling in a controller before. Instead of the whole controller rumbling, the button associated with what you're doing rumbles.

Firing the assault rifle causing a low, steady rumble. Firing the shotgun makes a huge blast halfway to feeling like kickback.

It was jarring at first, but it's super cool.

Divinity is super hard. I've already party-wiped twice, and I wasn't even in combat!

I've also had to revert my brain back to '80s and '90s mode of gaming. With no quest markers or magical GPS, and no "?" or "!" above people's heads (most of the time. The only time a "!" appears above a character's head is when one of the NPCs in your party has something to say), I've actually had to read notes and books and actually pay attention to what NPCs say in order to determine where to go. And the quests are super complex, without an ounce of hand holding. No magical glowing bits, or floating red mist to follow in an investigation. It's all up to me to figure things out. I'm in the middle of a long side quest right now, and it actually feels amazing to have figured out how to do a number of steps. The end goal is deliver a severed head to its body, but along the way I've had to find a library, check out the right book, put on a one-man stage performance, pay for a guy to warm up and attract a crowd, find a key to a house, and then figure out where to go from there.

I've spent 5 hours in the first town, and the first town is super small.

Also, roleplaying conversations between my party members has been awesome. I feel like I really get to shape the kind of personalities they have, and, what's more, it actually impacts the game in meaningful ways. So vastly different than Bioware's recent offerings. This is old school Bioware meets Ultima, and I'm loving it.

Played the first 2 (of 15) missions in Halo 5. It's very different but seems pretty cool.

Between it officially turning to the "hold the left trigger to aim down the sights" shooting, and having the squad based combat, it feels a bit like it's trying to cross the gap between Halo and CoD. It's still early and it may all pull together, but I'm not sure I like how it's losing the Halo controls. But of course change is always good and it may just need some getting used to.

The game looks and sounds astounding. One of the very best looking games I've seen on this new gen of consoles. Whatever magic they managed to work behind the scenes to keep it running at 60fps works very well. It's buttery smooth, and always looks fantastic.

The story is super intriguing so far, too. Very cool that it picks up a while after the events of Halo 4, and it doesn't seem like everyone had just been stagnant since then - things have changed, characters have grown and evolved, and characters have their own agendas. What's even cooler is that it doesn't go out of its way to explain where everyone's been and what they've been doing. Through dialogue and the story currently at play, we get snippets of what people have been up to so we can piece it together ourselves.

Long story short: it's more Halo, and I can't wait to continue tomorrow!

The story is super intriguing so far, too. Very cool that it picks up a while after the events of Halo 4, and it doesn't seem like everyone had just been stagnant since then - things have changed, characters have grown and evolved, and characters have their own agendas. What's even cooler is that it doesn't go out of its way to explain where everyone's been and what they've been doing. Through dialogue and the story currently at play, we get snippets of what people have been up to so we can piece it together ourselves.
    All that stuff has been extensively explained in the webisodes, anime, and novels. 343 has full embraced the expanded universe, cross-media approach, and is expecting players to be into it as well.

20 hours into Divinity, and I'm finally out of the first town.

Still have a handful of unsolved quests in the first town, and I have no idea what to do with them.

One of the best RPGs I've ever played. Just a brilliant, complex, sometimes-frustrating, difficult and rewarding game that expects intelligence, patience and skill from its players at every turn. It can sometimes be overly-complex and unforgiving, but it overcomes these faults with an abundance of player agency and the feeling of actually role playing.

Beat Until Dawn. Very fun experience. It was scary throughout it all, with some tough decision making, and QTE's that always made things pretty interesting. Highly recommended, but I can't see myself going a second round now that I know what to expect.

Only two of my characters lived... Well, I guess three... Kinda.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

A list of release dates in 2016. Uncharted 4 being the game I'm most interested in on this list.

January:

Darkest Dungeon - 1/19

Hyrule Warriors Legends - 1/21

Yakuza Kiwami - 1/21

Final Fantasy Explorers - 1/26

Lego Marvel's Avengers - 1/26

The Witness - 1/26

Dragon Quest Builders - 1/28

Amplitude - TBA January

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - TBA January

The King of Fighters XIV - TBA January

February:

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - 2/2

XCOM 2 - 2/5

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend - 2/9

Battleborn - 2/9

Firewatch - 2/9

Gravity Rush Remastered 2/9

Mighty No. 9 - 2/9

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 2/9

Project X Zone 2 - 2/16

Street Fighter V - 2/16

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 2/23

Far Cry Primal - 2/23

March:

Tom Clancy's The Division - 3/8

Hitman - 3/11

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 3/18

Killer Instinct: Season 3 - 3/24

April:

Quantum Break - 4/5

Total War: Warhammer - 4/28

Dark Souls III -- TBA April

May:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - 5/24

June:

No Man's Sky - TBA June

We Happy Few - TBA June

October:

Yooka-Laylee - TBA October

The only title in that list that I have on my radar is No Man's Sky, coming out in June. Which is fine, because I'll likely still be playing Fallout 4 by then anyhow.

Which reminds me, less than a week till it comes out. Better get your sleep and socializing in now while you still can, ladies and gentlemen!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Got Divinity OS, then Fallout 4, then Dark Souls III.

Got the next 6 months all planned out.

Far Cry Primal for me if it truly sticks to stone age era throughout the whole game.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    The only title in that list that I have on my radar is No Man's Sky, coming out in June. Which is fine, because I'll likely still be playing Fallout 4 by then anyhow.

Which reminds me, less than a week till it comes out. Better get your sleep and socializing in now while you still can, ladies and gentlemen!
    This makes me want to take next week off.

20 hours into Divinity, and I'm finally out of the first town.

Still have a handful of unsolved quests in the first town, and I have no idea what to do with them.

One of the best RPGs I've ever played. Just a brilliant, complex, sometimes-frustrating, difficult and rewarding game that expects intelligence, patience and skill from its players at every turn. It can sometimes be overly-complex and unforgiving, but it overcomes these faults with an abundance of player agency and the feeling of actually role playing.
    I've read people comparing it to the Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale games. Did you play those? And if so, is that comparison accurate?

I absolutely LOVED those games, so reading that got me really excited to give it a try.

Yep. But the combat is entirely turn based.