Page 1167 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1676671067111711571165116611671168116911771217 ... LastLast
Results 29,151 to 29,175 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

I would also like to state that Second Sister is both more threatening and more interesting than Kylo Ren.

- - - - -
    Meg, Joe --- HUGE sale right now on Nintendo digital store, including some first party games:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

https://slickdeals.net/deals/nintendo-switch/

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Right on... might get a few cheaper indie titles. Donut County for 6.50 sounds good.

If you haven't played Downwell, it's going for pocket change and it's one of the best mobile games ever (I played it on an iPad).
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I really like watching speedruns, but most gamers are introverts and boring as fuck. But this guy is a fucking stud. He even uses props to explain how he does his speedruns.

He just marathoned.... all of the fallout games... in 2 hours. That's right. He beat Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 in 2 hours. WTF. All for charity.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Thats insane. Followed.

I've vowed to platinum Fallen Order before even touching one of my switches.

He exploits bugs?
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I've vowed to platinum Fallen Order before even touching one of my switches.
    I my last XCOM2 trophy is beating the final level using only conventional weapons (weapons you start with). I think if I want to do that I need to make a shit ton of maxed out psionicists. Not really my style, but we’ll see.

Good luck.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I my last XCOM2 trophy is beating the final level using only conventional weapons (weapons you start with). I think if I want to do that I need to make a shit ton of maxed out psionicists. Not really my style, but we’ll see.

Good luck.
    It blows my mind how good you are at that game.

I am just not smart enough to do well. I had a blast with it, but it's one I can't beat.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    He exploits bugs?
    Yeah not wild about that, but still interesting. Which leads me to (I guess we can call it "game twitter"?) Mike Matei's comment that went a bit viral...
    If you use the “rewind feature” that’s now standard on many NES and SNES games available on Switch, you DID NOT by any stretch of the imagination beat the god damn game.
    I agree. I have nothing against such features, but no bragging rights.

awesome! finally get to play La Mulana on a TV.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I've never heard of those games in my life.

Good?

I haven't actually played them (no PC), but know it was originally a retro 8-bit MSX styled, intensely difficult yet rewarding 2D Metroidvania, that was sort of Cave Story's heavier, harder older brother. Then it got remade with more 32-bit style graphics but same gameplay. Then a sequel was crowdfunded. Basically the Dark Souls of 2D indie platformers.

I won't be waiting a year to play this.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Switch owners, if you're looking for what is basically a perfect videogame, get the Sega Ages Virtua Racing port. It has never played better, like absolute 60 fps 90s arcade butter. And cheap. A perfect Switch game.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Switch owners, if you're looking for what is basically a perfect videogame, get the Sega Ages Virtua Racing port. It has never played better, like absolute 60 fps 90s arcade butter. And cheap. A perfect Switch game.
    When I saw that game in the arcades for the 1st time, I was gobsmacked. This was in the london funland arcade at the Trocadero early 90's. But herein lies a problem for me. So much with those games, so much of what I remember is the cabinet and the force feedback steering wheels and pedals. h

A few years ago Sega released Daytona USA on Xbox live Arcade. Although the visuals were spot-on, the control and feel was totally not what I recall with cars seemingly gliding over the road surfaces.

But thanks for the tip. Now I hope we get Scud Race and Daytona USA 2.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

'Cyberpunk 2077' delayed until September 17th

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    'Cyberpunk 2077' delayed until September 17th
    Well darn.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Plenty to do before then.

I’ve still got Ace Combat and Dad of War waiting for me in the basement.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

If they were really smart they would release it the same day that Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 come out.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    If they were really smart they would release it the same day that Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 come out.
    Didnt I say this? If not, get out of my head meg

- - - - -
    Inspired by the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, this from twitter:

"Games and narrative storytelling are fundamentally incompatible - the defining feature of video games as a medium, their interactivity, make meaningful storytelling impossible so stories are just awkwardly stapled on top of gameplay in most cases."

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/1218290416505716737

One interesting follow-up:

"i think that fixating on games as a storytelling medium does them a disservice as art, even. the thing that makes mario amazing is that it's immaculately designed, not that its about a guy fighting a dinosaur"

https://twitter.com/corbinasmith/sta...17652173606914

I found most of the responses strange as people flat-out denied the premise.

I'd much rather play a game as close to the metal as possible --- one that has a great loop and doesn't get in the way of its own gameplay. (Mario, yes, but also things like Doom).

Eg: I just finished "Steamworld Quest," a pretty fun deck building RPG with solid combat ... but holy shit, the game repeatedly interrupted the action with an inane, too-typical fantasy story and rambling dialogue sequences. I just wanna play the card, man, I don't wanna listen to some bullshit about how my team of characters if the Last Hope to save the world from A Terrible Evil.

Yeh I'm torn on the subject. I dont know why it needs to be one way or the other. I've played games that the story is interwoven into the gameplay. A game like Portal, where there are no cut scenes, no real characters, just rooms and rooms of puzzles that ultimately tell a story as you progress.

Then there's stuff like Final Fantasy, where you spend 99% of your time reading text bubbles. And the other 1% inventory management.

And then there's The Last of Us or Uncharted. Gameplay separated by interwoven cutscenes or playable cutscenes.

And then there's Hotline Miami. Repetition IS the game.

I've been immersed in all these things and never once found them awkward or broken. There are just different ways to tell stories.

Precisely what Duke said. And then you add in sports games which is another element in itself. It's a separate artform.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter