Page 252 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1522022422502512522532542623023527521252 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Picked up a bunch of 360 games today: Conan, Mirror's Edge, Viking: Battle for Asgard and Tomb Raider Underworld. All on sale. Should be enough to keep me going for the next few months haha.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Picked up a bunch of 360 games today: Conan, Mirror's Edge, Viking: Battle for Asgard and Tomb Raider Underworld. All on sale. Should be enough to keep me going for the next few months haha.
    I had fun with Conan. Mirror's Edge is very short (thank god).

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I had fun with Conan. Mirror's Edge is very short (thank god).
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to play Conan. And I really am in the mood to play a new action hack 'n slash game, that's why I got Viking too. But I don't know if that one is any good though haha.

How short is Mirror's Edge btw?

New L4D DLC called Crash Course:

MORE LEFT 4 DEAD DLC ANNOUNCED

Crash Course Campaign Due in September

August 4, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the next major downloadable content (DLC) update for its co-operative zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead (L4D), the #1 new game title on Xbox 360 and PC in 2008

Entitled "Crash Course," the latest DLC delivers new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay to both platforms. Targeted for release in September, "Crash Course" bridges the gap between the end of the "No Mercy" campaign and the beginning of "Death Toll" in the original game, expanding the game universe with new locations, new dialogue from the original cast, and an explosive finale

While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of "Crash" is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns. A recharge timer for infected teammates has also been added, and item spawn behavior has changed for more balanced gameplay.

"Since the release of Left 4 Dead last November, the design team has been excited about creating new experiences for this world and allowing players to do the same, by releasing much of our internal toolset, like the Survival Pack and Authoring Tools," said Gabe Newell. "We're working with the fans toward the ongoing entertainment value of the product."

Left 4 Dead is an action horror game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 50 industry awards from outlets around the world and sold almost 3 million copies worldwide.

Left 4 Dead: Crash Course is targeted for release in September and will be available free of charge on the PC and for 560 Gamer points on Xbox Live.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Finished RE5. End boss was lame. You guys were right...RE4>RE5.
    Told ya
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

1 map for 560 points? Good thing I returned it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, I'm looking forward to play Conan. And I really am in the mood to play a new action hack 'n slash game, that's why I got Viking too. But I don't know if that one is any good though haha.

My roommate go Viking...it seemed pretty cool hack n slash. I haven't played it myself yet, though.

I finished Mirror's Edge in probably 5-6 hours on my first run through on normal. It was more than enough. It has fun parts, that are completely interrupted by fighting scenes where you die twenty times before getting lucky once. Then you run through the next couple parts like nothing, then get to a stupid scene again. Frustrating that some of it can be so dumb, because a good portion of it is quiet good.

the best way to play Mirror's Edge is to avoid fights, but i agree that they should have left you with more options.

you are supposed to be powerless against these heavy armored guys, but the timing to disarm a machine-gun cop is ridiculously hard compared to all the others, i died a lot each time those guys showed up.

but i thought it was well worth my time, one of the most unique games this generation, loved the design.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar

Conan was decent but Viking is a far better game. One of the underappreciated games on the 360.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Conan was decent but Viking is a far better game. One of the underappreciated games on the 360.
    Good to hear! I'm looking forward to playing it after I finish RE5.

So, today I finally unlocked all the characters in SFIV and tried to play some games online. I thought I was off to a good start with some wins but then my losing streak started and I got my ass handed to me by almost everyone haha. It was a lot of fun though. I also don't really have a main yet, so I just pick different characters depending on my mood.

Oh, and I returned my Far Cry 2 game because it wasn't working and changed it for Project Sylpheed instead.

I have Project Sylpheed. Only played a couple levels.

"'Splosion Man" is just so much fun.

It's hilarious, it's incredibly challenging, the controls are perfect and it's awesome in every way imaginable.

It's pretty much "N+" with shiny graphics. I love it.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    "'Splosion Man" is just so much fun.

It's hilarious, it's incredibly challenging, the controls are perfect and it's awesome in every way imaginable.

It's pretty much "N+" with shiny graphics. I love it.
    It is a lot of fun. Totally like N+, although I still prefer N+.

Banned
    guys i have a quick question that i need i quick answer to: for xbox360, can oblivion, fallout 3, or mass effect be played with one hand? i have a broken hand and im bored and i figure rpgs are ideal for this situation. if those require two hands i guess ill have to go with, gulp, a jrpg, probably blue dragon.

No on all 3.

You should get that one-handed controller for the PS1, and play some old JRPGs. That thing was awesome for smoking, drinking, and leveling up in Wild Arms.

I don't see how any modern game can be played with just one hand.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Banned
    wii sports resort, kororinpa, kororinpa's sequel, orbital, house of the dead overkill, and any other wii game that only uses the remote are modern games that can be played with one hand. any turn-based rpg or strategy game can be played with one hand because they basically require no motor skills. any stylus-only ds game can be played with one hand. flower, the best game on the ps3, can be played with one hand. pacman championship edition, one of the best games on the xbox360, can be played with on hand. basically every pc rts--company of heroes, dawn of war, etc.--can be played with one hand. plenty of freeware indie games, like the amazing jill off with one hand, can be played with one hand.

in conclusion, you see things incorrectly. there are a lot of modern games that can be played with one hand.

No to the first two, haven't played Mass Effect. While I'm thrilled that you're okay, and I sincerely mean that, I will make it my mission to seek you out some one hand only playable games. This strikes a bit of a chord with me, because I sliced my left index finger in twine some years ago while being a carpet layer, and being a guitar player, had to learn to play without it. This is most difficult.

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    wii sports resort, kororinpa, kororinpa's sequel, orbital, house of the dead overkill, and any other wii game that only uses the remote are modern games that can be played with one hand. any turn-based rpg or strategy game can be played with one hand because they basically require no motor skills. any stylus-only ds game can be played with one hand. flower, the best game on the ps3, can be played with one hand. pacman championship edition, one of the best games on the xbox360, can be played with on hand. basically every pc rts--company of heroes, dawn of war, etc.--can be played with one hand. plenty of freeware indie games, like the amazing jill off with one hand, can be played with one hand.

in conclusion, you see things incorrectly. there are a lot of modern games that can be played with one hand.
    that doesn't sound like a lot of modern games. especially since one of them is PACMAN

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)

Can you type needlessly condescending replies with one hand?
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Banned
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    that doesn't sound like a lot of modern games. especially since one of them is PACMAN
    pacman ce is not pacman. pacman sucks; pacman ce is one of the greatest games of all time.

and maybe it isnt a lot of modern games, but its a lot more than zero modern games.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton
    your views on david lynch invalidate anything you could possibly have to say to me.

so that's a "yes."

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    modern games suck.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Good question! I can certainly try it. The tricky parts would be the gun upgrades and the suit upgrade options. But I suppose it could be done if you map them to the directional pad and use the analog for movement. Although I'm curious on why you would want to do this. FPS play so much better with a mouse and keyboard.
    Sorry for the belated reply. I will be purchasing a Sony Vaio laptop tomorrow and hope that it will allow me to play Crysis with nice detail. So rather than pound my laptop, which is more fragile than a real keyboard, I thought of using a gamepad. And I haven't gamed with a mouse for eons anyway.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Yes, but with no capitals.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Sorry for the belated reply. I will be purchasing a Sony Vaio laptop tomorrow and hope that it will allow me to play Crysis with nice detail. So rather than pound my laptop, which is more fragile than a real keyboard, I thought of using a gamepad. And I haven't gamed with a mouse for eons anyway.
    You can always get an external USB keyboard. Don't count on Crysis running too well btw.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?