Page 1101 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 10160110011051109110991100110111021103111111511201 ... LastLast
Results 27,501 to 27,525 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

I don't even like Metal Gear, like, not at all, and MGSV is in my top 5 of all time.

Swooping down in the helicopter, approaching a mission point, while Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" plays, looking over at D-Dog as he gives a little whine of apprehension, and taking stock of my accessories and formulating my plan will be forever etched into my memory. Or the little fanfare sound that plays when you select a mission and your load out. Or being caught in the middle of a chaotic gun fight, with bullets zipping by, running with D-Dog trying to make it to the extraction point, and finally catching a glimpse of the copter, and hearing A-Ha's "Take Me On." So many memorable moments in that game. Dropping the supply crate on Quiet to knock her out, completely bypassing a mini-boss encounter!

Now I want to start a new game of MGSV!

Can you give some examples of this incredible freedom you’re talking about? Because at this point it feels like Hitman but with less options.

I thought it was open world, not constantly leaving and coming back (with long ass load times to boot).

Just played an assassination mission and I didn’t see much variety at all wth regards to how to approach it. You could:

A) be stealthy
    B) not be stealthy

That was about it.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

These controls are seriously pissing me off.

Why is it a different button to go faster on foot than it is on your horse? That’s terrible design.

Oh and my suppressor just “ran out” in the middle of a stealth takedown. Sure am glad the game communicated to me that that could happen before it did, so I didn’t completely botch a mission due to lack of information.

Seriously don’t get this game at all.

It's all in how much you want to put into the game.

If you're just going to reduce it down to two choices, probably best to just move on.

The example I gave above with Quiet is a perfect one. There must be dozens of ways to take her out. I decided to call in a supply drop right on top of her.

Basically, if you can think of a way to use your tools and the environment, it just works. So many organic, emergent things happen in the game. It is constantly demanding that the player think tactically, willing and ready to re-act to a changing scenario at a moment's notice. Nothing else like it. I was constantly surprised by the game every time I played it.

The game totally communicates to you that suppressors wear out over time.

But yeah, stop playing. No sense in getting mad about it.

#moveondotorg

It only communicated it to me when it happened, in the middle of a mission. That’s just annoying.

So far every mission I’ve played has gone like this:

-park your horse like 3KM away so they can’t see you coming
    -get to high ground and use binoculars to spot enemy troops and yore objective
    -sneak in, eliminating outlying enemies first and getting closer to objective without being seen
    -randomly get seen by an enemy you didn’t know was there
    -mission goes to hell, run and gun the rest of the way

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Because at this point it feels like Hitman but with less options..
    Worst comparison ever??
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

#moveondotorg

Oh my GOD this horse controls like garbage.

These controls are seriously pissing me off.

Why is it a different button to go faster on foot than it is on your horse? That’s terrible design.

Oh and my suppressor just “ran out” in the middle of a stealth takedown. Sure am glad the game communicated to me that that could happen before it did, so I didn’t completely botch a mission due to lack of information.

Seriously don’t get this game at all.
    If you would’ve played the other MGS games, you’d know silencers wear out....

;-)
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Sounds like you kinda just have decided to hate the game because you don't know how to play it. :/
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Sounds like you kinda just have decided to hate the game because you don't know how to play it. :/
    Nah it’s just not for me at all.

I rarely get much at all out of stealth action games, and this seems to be no exception.

Nah it’s just not for me at all.

I rarely get much at all out of stealth action games, and this seems to be no exception.
    I'm with you meg. Haven't seen this entry, but seen plenty of MGS. Fun to watch others play it, but I just can't do it.

The funny thing is, Ghost Recon Wildlands it he game that MGSV should have been.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So... is anybody else getting Dad of War when it comes out? I must say I am intrigued.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    So... is anybody else getting Dad of War when it comes out? I must say I am intrigued.
    I've had fun with them all. Never understood the weird rep it's gotten.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Going to trade some games in today. Maybe get Monster Hunter World.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Yep. Looks awesome.

Got Monster Hunter World for free. Traded in Injustice 2 and Nioh.

So it's been a year since the Switch has been released and it's already sold more consoles than the WiiU has in it's entirety (5 years ago). Remember when DD and Meg thought it had a chance because the specs say it was better than the PS3/360?

Watchdogs was released on the WiiU, 6 months after it launched on other consoles. It was DOA on arrival and moved no units.

http://n4g.com/news/1627829/watch-do...s-wii-u-launch

No support for the console killed the hardware... like i said it would, 2 days after it launched.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So it's been a year since the Switch has been released and it's already sold more consoles than the WiiU has in it's entirety (5 years ago). Remember when DD and Meg thought it had a chance because the specs say it was better than the PS3/360?

Watchdogs was released on the WiiU, 6 months after it launched on other consoles. It was DOA on arrival and moved no units.

http://n4g.com/news/1627829/watch-do...s-wii-u-launch

No support for the console killed the hardware... like i said it would, 2 days after it launched.
    If you haven’t been labeled as such already, do you want to be known as a ‘told you so’?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    If you haven’t been labeled as such already, do you want to be known as a ‘told you so’?
    Do I want to be remembered as being right? If you were laughed at and talked down to during a discussion about something you're passionate about, you'd remember that conversation too.

It's like when everyone (literally) laughed at Peter Schiff for predicting the mortgage crisis.

I love the WiiU. It has some of the best games I've ever played. A console's success is only determined by how many games I enjoy playing on it.

Also, Duke, I'm done with you.

You can fuck right off.

So fucking sick of your goddamned shit, with the way you constantly target Meg and myself.

Fuck off and die.

I won't be back to this forum until you're removed as admin so I can add you back to my ignore list. Someone let me know when that happens.

thanks.

I love the WiiU. It has some of the best games I've ever played. A console's success is only determined by how many games I enjoy playing on it.

Also, Duke, I'm done with you.

You can fuck right off.

So fucking sick of your goddamned shit, with the way you constantly target Meg and myself.

Fuck off and die.

I won't be back to this forum until you're removed as admin so I can add you back to my ignore list. Someone let me know when that happens.

thanks.
    "Fuck off and die". How Libertarian of you.