Page 1010 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 10510910960100010081009101010111012102010601110 ... LastLast
Results 25,226 to 25,250 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Images from Unreal Engine 4. Um. WOW.

Curious to see them in motion.

http://imgur.com/a/SM5em
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Wow - really scraping the bottom of the barrel this month.
    I played through Entwined (it's ok but forgettable) and Rain (worth a playthrough) but the rest of the PS4 stuff I have zero interest in.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Images from Unreal Engine 4. Um. WOW.

Curious to see them in motion.

http://imgur.com/a/SM5em
    WOW.

And yeah, what a weak month. Although Rocket League seems like it may be worth a try.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    whaaaaaaaa free games aren't what I want whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I've yet to find any real use for enchanting stuff in D3.

I've also found (so far) that the merchants and blacksmith are also pretty much useless. The stuff I find in the world is infinitely better than anything they have for sale.

I pretty much just use the merchants to sell my excess stuff to. I have so much gold I don't know what to do with it all.

Today I got a tome to give to the blacksmith to train him to build a legendary weapon, and it ended up being something for another class.

Memories of Destiny...
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I enjoyed my one playthrough of Diablo III but I had zero interest in going back through and playing it all over again.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    whaaaaaaaa free games aren't what I want whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    They're not free.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    They're not free.
    PS+ yearly subscription accounts for online play and cost of servers. Tge games a perk to make it better than XBLive. They're free.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I've yet to find any real use for enchanting stuff in D3.

I've also found (so far) that the merchants and blacksmith are also pretty much useless. The stuff I find in the world is infinitely better than anything they have for sale.

I pretty much just use the merchants to sell my excess stuff to. I have so much gold I don't know what to do with it all.

Today I got a tome to give to the blacksmith to train him to build a legendary weapon, and it ended up being something for another class.

Memories of Destiny...
    The blacksmith can make some pretty cool stuff once you get him leveled up - I use him to breakdown my weapons into components to use later. The enchanter I use all the time to transmogrify my stuff to make it look better. There are a few times in every playthrough in which the merchant and blacksmith prove to be very, very useful/ But most of the time you find the best loot while adventuring, and that's a good thing.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    PS+ yearly subscription accounts for online play and cost of servers. Tge games a perk to make it better than XBLive. They're free.
    Nope. I pay a subscription fee for monthly games.

Onto Act 2.

Perhaps a stupid question but, does your character ever actually attack with their weapon. All of my attacks are based on skills, which in turn seem to be based on magic.

Does my choice of weapon or the damage it deals make any difference at all?

Weapons are basically just accessories that add to your stats. All attacking is done with skills.

Okay cool. I was wondering why I never really swung what I had in my hand, and was worried I was missing something vital.

Last edited by D_Davis; 07-07-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Sorry, I couldn't make it more than a quarter of the way in. That has got to be the most stupid fucking thing I have read all day. And that's saying something.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

It's a really interesting way to view old magazines. The editor of the Tumblr doesn't pass a lot of editorial judgement, but by picking out some of the best, and worst, examples of the kind of "journalism" present in those old issues, he sheds a lot of light on the past, and sadly the present, of gaming culture.

I've been following the Tumblr for a long time, and it's really weird. I read a lot of those issues when they were new, and I never realized how misogynist they were. Makes you think about the way things impact a young mind.

I think that's kind of the point of this project, in addition to just cataloging a lot of old stuff for archival purposes.

Hope you understood that's why I posted that example, and not because I thought it was cool or something. LOL
    Last edited by D_Davis; 07-07-2015 at 09:12 PM.

"Klassic Fatalities" to be sent down as an MKX patch this week. YES!!!
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I still have all my old EGMs and GamePros in a box in my dad's garage. I wonder if they're worth anything.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Maybe NSFW:
    []

Haha.

"On any given day you might run into David Arquette, Balthazar Getty..."
    Last edited by Winston*; 07-07-2015 at 10:53 PM.

- - - - -
    You guys might also dig this:

http://oldgamemags.tumblr.com

Rumble Pak lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It's about the halfway point of the year so here's my top ten 2015 games so far:

1. Ori and the Blind Forest (XB1) (Just finished this tonight. I was hesitant to start this even though it looked right up my alley due to the hard difficulty that was mentioned in all the reviews. It was on sale this week so I finally bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. This was a beautiful looking game with a heartwarming story and the right amount of challenge.)

2. Life is Strange (PS4) (This is a 5 part episodic adventure game which at this point has only released 3 episodes. As a console gamer pretty much my whole life I never really had much interaction with point and click adventure games. It wasn't until Telltale released The Walking Dead (which ended up being one of my top games of 2012) that I really got into them. I've continued to play all of the Telltale stuff they've released since and while I've enjoyed them their formula has gotten stale. Life is Strange freshens up the formula with great storytelling like those Telltale games but far more interactivity, stuff to do, and a well integrated rewind mechanic. I can't wait to see how it wraps up.)

3. Axiom Verge (PS4) (This like Ori is a Metroidvania but Axiom is a far more obvious homage to the original Metroid/Super Metroid games. I didn't think I would care for this since I'm not a big fan of those early Metroid games but Axiom has the right amount of homage, wacked out art design and a weird plot. It also does some cool things with the weapons that are neat to experience on your own so I won't spoil here.)

4. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) (If you've played any of the other games in the series you know what you're getting here. Asylum is still my favorite in the series by far but Knight is solid in it's own right. I enjoyed the Batmobile stuff which most people seemed to hate and that is heavily featured in this one.)

5. Lifeless Planet (XB1) (I had heard nothing about this game until I read some read random person's rave review of it on Cheap Ass Gamer's forums and it seemed like something I'd enjoy. I checked the consensus online and it didn't have great reviews but I went for it and it's definitely my type of game. You're an astronaut on a desolate planet trying not to lose his mind and the majority of storytelling is told with journal entries that you find and audio logs. The core gameplay is platforming with some light puzzle solving and it does that decently but the real pull of the game is the atmosphere with it's barren planet and Soviet Union space program plot.)

6. You Must Build a Boat (Mobile) (I almost never play phone games but I was looking for something to kill time so with a Giant Bomb recommendation I picked this one up. It's a match 3 at it's core but with RPG leveling, quests, and a cool pixel style. It took me 6-7 hours to play through and I had fun the whole time which is all I really wanted from a phone game.)

7. Her Story (PC) (FMV game where you use key words to pull up clips of a women being questioned in a murder investigation. Hard to talk to much about without spoiling the fun of it but if you're into true crime stuff give it a shot. It's only $5 and at a couple hours of game length is money well spent.)

8. Pneuma: Breath of Life (XB1) (First person puzzler which does some cool things with perspective and camera usage for solving puzzles combined with an almost always talking character who thinks he's a God. The dialogue can get too meta for its own good some time but very enjoyable.)

9. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) (This is a standalone prequel to last years Wolfenstein: The New Order and if you enjoyed that well this is more of the same. A tightly paced and fun to play FPS with two distinct feeling halves but is lacking a bit in the story and character department compared to the original.)

10. Ether One (PS4) (This game would have been higher on my list but even after patching has multiple serious known issues with crashing and other various technical problems. For me it froze right at the finale of the game and when I restarted it the game was at the credits sequence so I had to view the ending on youtube. Thankfully it was a PS+ game so I didn't pay for it and I'll give it a slight pass for being made by a small team but it still hurts an otherwise interesting story driven first person puzzler about a person dealing with dementia. The puzzles get a little too obtuse near the end but it was worth the headaches.)
    TV Recently Finished:

Just got to the rainbow world in D3 (by killing a rainbow goblin).

I feel like I'm on the marijuana.

More like the LSD. It's like my childhood fantasies.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I would love to have gone through preschool or daycare with Scar.

Me: I love bunnies and kitty cats and happy things!

Scar: I love them too...on the business end of my helicopter mounted chain gun!