Page 1090 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 905909901040108010881089109010911092110011401190 ... LastLast
Results 27,226 to 27,250 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Do I have to have played any of the previous MGS games to understand what’s going on?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Do I have to have played any of the previous MGS games to understand what’s going on?
    I had no idea what was going on and I didn't care. It's all about the moment to moment game play.

But I never care about what's going on in a video game.

One of my favorite things about the new Assassin's Creed is that I can skip all the cut scenes.

I’ve only played the original MGS and that was nearly 20 years ago.

I understand MGS has a crazy convoluted lore.

Just wondering if you think I need to have played through the previous games before I try this one?

You should probably play every video game made before MGSV before playing MGSV, just to make sure you get all the references.

I’m looking forward to giving it a try. Just worried about not catching on to what’s going on since I’m not well versed in the series lore.

Think I’ll have trouble?

I'm doing the same thing since it was free. I played MGS2 until it went to the other character and killed the momentum.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

My main worry is that I won’t be able to follow what’s going on, since I don’t know the lore well.

I’ve only played the first and it was a long time ago.

My main worry is that I won’t be able to follow what’s going on, since I don’t know the lore well.

Oh.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ha, meg, your comment made me snort out loud. Not at you, but because MGS is absolutely so damn convoluted its hard to nail down the details of any one entry in any sort of succinct manner.

I've never been able to succeed in playing more than an hour in any of them, but enjoy watching friends play who are good at them. Last one I got see was that badass one on PS2. Sons of Liberty? The one on the oil platform. Damn was that a cool game. Then chirp chirp, Snake! I've got to tell you an hour of plotty stuff while you hide in a locker! lol

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I've played them all and I have no idea what MGSV was about.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If you can stomach it, Gametrailers did a 10 part retrospective on the entire franchise. It's incredible how intertwined the story is.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I played the shit out of IV, had no idea what the fuck was going on, and loved the shit out of it, and replayed it numerous times.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I had my favorite gaming memory of IV. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

Cod WWII is getting strong reviews. I'm ready to return to WW2.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

This is a pretty good month for gaming if you love killing nazis - and who doesn't love killing nazis?

okay, don't answer that.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I'm amazed you guys (or anyone for that matter) are still excited by fucking COD. Let it die.

In other more exciting and more better rumor/news;

"Game Informer cover game will be revealed next week...It will be Rocksteady’s Superman game. The scale and the ambition of the game is massive, you all will be blown away by the details. Can’t wait to see your reaction, lads."

Sweet!

Infinite Warfare was pretty neat.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    "Game Informer cover game will be revealed next week...It will be Rocksteady’s Superman game. The scale and the ambition of the game is massive, you all will be blown away by the details. Can’t wait to see your reaction, lads."
    I predict lots more hoops to fly through, each of them exquisitely & ornately detailed, and much better particle effects on the fog enshrouding Metropolis.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

And underground flying with mystery destination elevator/warp thingies.

Legit, I'm guessing you can fly to different planets probably.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Played ACO for almost 5 hours last night. Game is brilliant. It's too bad people seem to be passing this one up, but that's what happens when a franchise is run into the ground. Better than Black Flag, which was the best AC game by far. The combat is so good, and the environments are super interesting to explore.

Assassin's Creed 2 is the best AC game. Brotherhood a close second. Story is by far the most superior. Everything about the Ezio trilogy is great but the incremental improvements game to game is what makes them the most fun. They are not overly complicated as they start to get when Black Flag hits.

AC is a series that just never captured me. Black Flag was fun for a while but overstated its welcome. The Ezio trilogy did nothing for me.

The lore is so damn silly but takes itself so damn seriously, it loses me.

I’m also finding open world games less and less appealing. Maybe it’s due to the fact that I rarely have several hours to sit and play a game. I’ve put 15 hours into Darksiders 2 and that has taken me 3 weeks, whereas back in ‘14 I put ~300 hours into Dark Souls 2 in a little over 2 months.

I’ve been finding myself drawn more to fairly linear games, or at least ones where I can make some progress in an hour of play time.

What about the lore of AC don't you like?

Games actually take place in the future, but you spend 99% of the time in the past, trying to uncover a secret society that has covered up an alien race predominately on Earth in every major civilization across the planet. That doesn't sound silly to me. It sounds interesting as hell.