Page 761 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517597607617627637718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 19,001 to 19,025 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Gabe Newell's DICE keynote: Steam Box price point 'much, much lower' than living room devices

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Meg will like this.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    "Minerva's Den" was even better than the main game, IMO.
    I still need to play that. I've heard the same thing from many people.

I'm digging Max Payne 3 more and more. Truthfully, I've been playing the game pretty much like a coward. Taking cover, popping a few heads, going back behind cover. But it's so friggin' awesome when I just jump into the action with reckless abandon and making it out alive thanks to quick thinking and pinpoint precision. I mean, blowing up a petrol tank, jumping out of harm's in slo-motion while some thugs are incinerated by the blast, scoring a few more head shots in the process etc....

I just shot my way out of the favelas. Ended up in a derelict bus graveyard of sorts.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

That's not playing like a coward, Morris, that's playing smart

I loved the favelas. And the song at the big street dance/rave thingy is awfully catchy.

I'm about 50% done with Dead Space 3. It's getting better. And i like the way it hides the fact it wants to be a co-op game.

I still don't understand why it's being advertised with Phil Collins.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I still don't understand why it's being advertised with Phil Collins.
    I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
    And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
    Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
    Hey, that's way better than twinkle twinkle little star bull shit.

Oh and Aliens: Colonial Marines gets released on Tuesday. I will not be buying git on launch having played it at PAX. It's worth about $28 to me .

Why not $26?

What's good/bad about it?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Why not $26?

What's good/bad about it?
    $28 is the MAXIMUM amount of money I would feel comfortable spending on this title, so yes I would buy it at $26 too. The multiplayer is essentially Left 4 Dead and I'm really not that interested in the single player aspect of the story. I like the idea that it's a cannon alien story that takes place after Aliens but I've been disappointed by Alien videogame stories too many times to think this one will finally get it.

If $28 is your minimum, then I don't think you'd want it at $26.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I blame Ezee for confusing me.

Report: Next Xbox requires Kinect to function, runs multiple games at once

the console will ship with a new version of Microsoft's motion-sensing camera controller, Kinect, and that the device, "must be plugged in and calibrated for the console to even function," the piece says. The new Kinect -- which we've heard of in the past -- is said to capture up to six people at once, and an alleged image demonstrating the difference between new and old versions of the camera puts much higher specs on said device (1920x1080 color resolution, more trackable joints, improved depth resolution, etc.).

The new console is also reported to employ multitasking, enabling multiple games or apps to run concurrently, similar to mobile phones and tablets; how many apps that could mean is unclear, if true. Sony's PlayStation Vita already employs such functionality, making the claim all the less far-fetched.

The piece also states supposedly final retail hardware specs for Microsoft's next game console, including a 64-bit D3D11.x 800MHz GPU, an 8-core x64 1.6GHz 4MB L2 CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB of on-board memory, USB 3.0, HDMI-out, and an optical drive for 50GB discs. For its part, Microsoft's staying mum -- "We do not comment on rumors or speculation. We are always thinking about what is next for our platform, but we don't have anything further to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told us -- and Sony's the only game in town with even an event scheduled in the near future.

Played like 3 hours of Final Fantasy VI on my phone yesterday. It rocks. Ni No Kuni can wait.

Finished Bayonetta last night. I initially called it "cheeky Burlesque," but by the end I had upgraded that to "a dirty, dirty game." That said, extremely fun. Final boss was extraordinarily difficult, took me at least 2 hours to beat. I'll probably play through on Hard difficulty.

If it requires Kinect to run, I sure hope it comes with Kinect. I know they're saying it will, but to me it reeks of a money grab. Like a "batteries & lightbulbs required but sold separately" kind of thing.

Just finished up Bioshock. Nothing new to add to what's been said about it from before, but wow. It's been a while since I've been so engrossed by the atmosphere of a game. The little details in each level was what really made it, from the set designs of each room to the Big Daddies lumbering around...really immersive stuff. The game feels different as it wears on, and loses a bit of the intense horror vibe once your character gets stronger, but I really loved the way the narrative unfolded. Looking forward to checking out the second one at some point if I get the time, but I might just end up playing Infinite.

Edit: super abrupt ending though.

If it requires Kinect to run, I sure hope it comes with Kinect. I know they're saying it will, but to me it reeks of a money grab. Like a "batteries & lightbulbs required but sold separately" kind of thing.
    They wouldn't require Kinect and then not include it. Kinect will simply be part of the core system. With that said, if that's true I probably won't be buying a neXt-Box. I have very little interest in non-traditional, controller-based gaming. But it will ultimately depend on where the Souls (or new Miyazaki) games end up being the best.

So - Last Guardian delayed for a PS4 launch title?

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)

Edit: super abrupt ending though.
    Yup, the final boss one of the worst in recent memory.

New Batman game this year! Woo-hoo!

As for "Dead Space 3", still loving it. I can't believe how full of content this game is. The first game took me maybe 8 hours to complete, the second took about 10, whereas this one I am already near the 10 hour mark and I am only 53% through the campaign.

I don't really understand the complaints I've read from reviewers saying that one of the biggest problems with the game is a lack of variety in environments, because:

a) there's plenty of variety. So far I've explored the flith-ridden streets of a human colony as it falls apart, several broken down ships in the orbiting space junkyard, space itself in the spacewalk sequences, the snowy wasteland of Tau Volantis, a secret armory on the planet, and in the last level I actually went inside a giant dead monster.

b) it's not like the first "Dead Space" was rich with environments - it was a massive broken down spaceship and everything looked pretty much the same. Sure, "Dead Space 2" had quite a variety of environments what with the Unitologist Cult temple and the creepy school in the Sprawl, but I'm not seeing it eclipsing the third entry

The only real complaint I have about the game at this point is that a couple of the optional side missions are "Co-op Only". I really like playing co-op games (sometimes even more than competitive multiplayer) but I like it to be an option. They should have had everything accessible by single and co-op campaign games.

Weapon crafting is fantastic, and finding blueprints for uber-weapons is always great. I just made the Mjolnir, which is a lightning gun that can also be used as an electrified hammer.

New Batman game this year! Woo-hoo!
    Not developed by Rocksteady, though. And it seems rushed.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Not being developed by Rocksteady is not necessarily a bad thing. A fresh take could be a good thing. It's proved great for franchises in the past.

"Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" - despite having one of the stupidest titles ever, will it be any good?

Just saying it will probably be different from the previous two. No Rocksteady, no Paul Dini writing, no Mark Hamill.