Page 1161 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 16166110611111115111591160116111621163117112111261 ... LastLast
Results 29,001 to 29,025 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    This sounds like a terrible game.
    It's not, not even close.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The more I play Death Stranding, the more I feel like the game was designed so Kojima could see what he could get away with in a game.

There's a lot to be annoyed with...

Like the self-congratulations after delivering a tiny package is comical; there's like 37 different lines of measure you see every single time, that you eventually just skip through it all. From the dialog of the guy accepting the package to whatever you are being graded on; Quality of the package, time it took you to deliver, which THEN translate to your rewards and ranking system- which feels never ending. Normal ranking systems have what? 1-30, 1-60? With Recruit, Captain, Colonel, General etc etc? Not a Kojima game. It's ranking system goes from 1- 179+... from all kinds of different names like Veteran Porter, Expert Hiker, etc etc. I can't remember most of them because you can breeze through them with one large delivery.

If that wasn't complicated enough, lets make every city have a similar name so you can never remember which is which or where you are or where you need to go without looking at the Arial map, which btw is completely useless. You can't tell the different between a huge canyon or a giant mountain so good luck traversing until you come across an obstacle you wish you were aware of before you started on your journey. The names of places are: Capital Knot City, Mountain Knot City, Waystation Knot, Edge Knot City... wtf is this shit?

But hey... I'm still playing it I guess.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I reiterate my previous thoughts.

This sounds like a terrible game.

- - - - -
    Duke, what about the online, social aspect? Players building bridges or structures others can use, etc? Have you come across that yet?

Including multiplayer elements in a single player game sounded like an interesting design choice.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Duke, what about the online, social aspect? Players building bridges or structures others can use, etc? Have you come across that yet?

Including multiplayer elements in a single player game sounded like an interesting design choice.
    Yes, I dont really understand it fully. I just "like" everything I see and "donate" to every structure that is partially built. There's no real strategy that I can see. It takes so much effort to carry the materials needed to complete any given partially built structure that the end result of going out of your way to do so is redundant. Because the things you need to build are, 'brides across water that you can just cross slower' or 'freshly paved highways that just make a road on top of grass or gravel'... There's other stuff too, but it's essentially just using the things that are available from past players, like ropes, ladders and mailboxes.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    It was about 13 hours before the game really clicked for me. Once you get to episode 3 the game opens up, you unlock better equipment and can hold more cargo. You can build vehicles and roads, unlock weapons, etc. It's beautiful dense weird fun, unlike any other videogame ever made.

In terms of online stuff, it's Kojima's version of a Souls game.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    BTW: Looking at your PSN handle, I had no idea you were such a huge gamer. Why don't you post more about stuff here?
    I post about most games that really get me, but those seem to be more and more rare as times goes on. Years ago I would post my top games of the year, but these days I tend to pick a game and stick with it for a long time. So as far as 2019 releases go, I'm pretty out of it. Kinda seems like a weak year anyway. But if anyone wants to talk about Slay the Spire, Kingdom, or The Long Dark--I'm your man.

Aside from Death Stranding, other 2019 games I'll likely eventually play are Days Gone, Ape Out, and Untitled Goose Game. Those seem cool. Mayyybe Jedi: Fallen Order.

I've got Dad of War and Monster Hunter loaded on the PS4. Suppose I should fire one up today.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

God of War

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    God of War
    Yeah, fired up Monster Hunter, wasn’t in the mood for it, then fired up God of War. Only played a little bit, but wow, that opening really hit home.

I only played a little bit because I was working on Turkey day prep, and wanted to give the game my full attention, not pausing it every fifteen minutes to check on something.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

As an avid God of War fan who's played every game in the series including the Vita games... I'm perplexed why I didn't buy God of War when it came out. Especially after all the praise calling it the best in the franchise.

Duke - you will definitely have a new perspective on it, now that you're a dad yourself. (assuming you haven't already played it)
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Make sure you find all the valkyries and don't shy away from fighting them to the end. So insanely gratifying, tough as shit, but wow the elation. Especially the queen valkyrie.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

So when you hear this song in the game, it's pure bliss.

- - - - -
    Whelp on impulse I just bought Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and X-Com 2.

(And also 15lbs of rice but that has nothing to do with videogames.)

Wow.

Sekiro and rice?

Nice thinly veiled racism there, Irish.

How about next time you buy Mafia 3 and some canoles. Or Call of Duty and some freedom.

Two seriously top-notch games. As long as you’re a glutton for punishment.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Two seriously top-notch games. As long as you’re a glutton for punishment.
    Dude's about to eat 15 lbs of rice. He won't need to leave the house for quite some time.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Whelp on impulse I just bought Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and X-Com 2.

(And also 15lbs of rice but that has nothing to do with videogames.)
    I ordered from Amazon & chose free shipping (not Prime) & didn't expect to receive this for a full calendar week. Nope! Got the package yesterday. Fuckin Amazon. Sometimes it's hard to hate them.

I ordered from Amazon & chose free shipping (not Prime) & didn't expect to receive this for a full calendar week. Nope! Got the package yesterday. Fuckin Amazon. Sometimes it's hard to hate them.

The amount of shit I get next day (not 2 day...) is incredible. You don't what to know how many things I've ordered from them in 2019.

So you’re going to start on Legendary Difficulty, Ironman and all DLC enabled on XCOM2 first time out, right?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    So you’re going to start on Legendary Difficulty, Ironman and all DLC enabled on XCOM2 first time out, right?

Of course. I'm also playing naked with a KA-BAR clenched in my mouth, as one does.

As anyone could probably predict, this is in teh works. And after my praise with RE2, I will absolutely be picking this up.

I don't remember the story in RE3... Maybe I'll play that one.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I don't remember the story in RE3... Maybe I'll play that one.
    It's between the events of RE1 and RE2 from Jill's perspective. It's basically an excuse to set a story inside Raccoon City (before they nuke it at the end of RE2).

I remember being so mad at that ending in RE2 because the setting was so awesome. I loved being in the streets of Raccoon City instead of confined to a mansion like in RE1. I wanted more street stuff.