Page 1151 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 15165110511101114111491150115111521153116112011251 ... LastLast
Results 28,751 to 28,775 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    yeah, it's basically endless mario levels in the styles of 5 different games.

watch GrandPooBear on Youtube, he's the best. watching BarbarousKing's videos designing levels is fascinating as well
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Wow I saw that 1-1 level but assumed it was a youtube vid, not an actual playable. (Theres LOADS of those, I have a 5 and 7 year old, trust me, I KNOW.)

Super Mario Maker 2 sounds like the last Mario game anyone ever needs! I mean that like its the pinnacle.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    yeah, it's basically endless mario levels in the styles of 5 different games.

watch GrandPooBear on Youtube, he's the best. watching BarbarousKing's videos designing levels is fascinating as well
    I love Poo too, but my favorite MM streamer on Youtube will always be the one, the only, CarlSagan42, yo:

Everyone with a PS+ sub should download this month’s free game, Horizon Chase Turbo.

Colourful, incredible energy, super fast, tons of variety. It’s an amazing retro racer and great fun.

- - - - -
    Whelp. Appears co-op gear grinds from 2012 are exactly my jam.

Been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 this past week. Insane fun. Gearbox basically took Blizzard's model and applied it to an FPS. Insanely varied loot system, fun skill trees, huge maps, lotsa grinding. Glad I subscribed to GamePass because I wouldn't have given it a chance otherwise.

Only downside is that I still find playing shooters on a console awkward. You can't kite with a controller like you can with a keyboard and mouse. I miss that.

Also shocked to discover that they released yet another DLC this past June --- for a 7 year old game.

Officially psyched for 3 this fall but I'm a little worried they won't be able to replicate everything this game does so well.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are fucking great.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Borderlands 2 is not just one of the best games ever made, it has the best villain and best DLC (Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep) ever made.

Can't wait to hear you thoughts on Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep Irish. Highly recommended you play it. It's filled with hilarity.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Cool! I'm definitely playing all the DLC and as much of the base game as I can.

Last night I ran a FedEx quest that I swear to God coulda been straight out of World of Warcraft. Made me smile.

You'll see a lot of those World of Warcraft references.

Have you met Tiny Tina yet in the main game?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Haven't met Tiny Tina in the main game yet but I accidentally jumped into some level 30+ DLC area and saw her there (along with Mordecai and Brick, I think?)

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Haven't met Tiny Tina in the main game yet but I accidentally jumped into some level 30+ DLC area and saw her there (along with Mordecai and Brick, I think?)
    Oh definitely do the main game before doing any DLC. Or try to at least.

Leaked gameplay footage of Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. I think it looks OK and about what we would expect.

Is Borderlands 2 worth playing alone, or is it really a co-op only game?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I've only played it alone.
    Last edited by Skitch; 07-20-2019 at 05:52 PM.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Little of both.

I've only played alone and I'm having a blast, but it's also the sorta game that looks like a ton of fun to play co-op. (Very similar to Diablo 3, in that regard.)

I had a lot of fun with Borderlands 2, but never beat it. Got stuck on a particular mission, put it down, and never picked it up again.

Different note, looks like out of no where, we got a release date for Ghost of Tsushima, my most anticipated game right now. August 30th is what they're saying. I'm stoked it's coming out, but I probably won't get to it for a few months. Still playing RDR2 and I don't think that's going to be changing any time soon.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Leaked gameplay footage of Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. I think it looks OK and about what we would expect.

Lol at 1:33. Dude trapped under bus. Thor: "Are you hurt?" Dude: "No, just stuck". Reminded me of a cut scene in a 90's arcade game.

Anyway, looks fun and super slick, but it has potential to be insanely stupendous. And it probably won't reach that height.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Some quick thoughts on Isomniac's Spider-Man game. I've completed about 40% of the game so far, did quite a few side quests in particular such as collecting backpacks etc..

It's a ridiculously fast and entertaining game, traversing the city is a huge joy, it's a technically ace game too. Coming after God of War, the fights don't seem very taxing. Movement is so frenetic that jumping out of harm's way is always an easy alternative. It's fun, but I don't feel badass...so far. I can buy all kinds of new moves, but they seem there for show, I'm not sure I need them. God of War really made you feel the value of certain techniques and powers. I think that's good design although I guess I appreciate a lower difficulty, something less aggravating. Scanning the area always reveals new sidequests, backpacks, landmarks to be photographed, Harry's research stations and they're all marked with huge laser beams shooting out of their locations which means it's a bit less gratifying to actually find them. Not scanning the area makes it too difficult.

But it's a good game, story seems to go interesting places. Great fun!

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Some quick thoughts on Isomniac's Spider-Man game. I've completed about 40% of the game so far, did quite a few side quests in particular such as collecting backpacks etc..

It's a ridiculously fast and entertaining game, traversing the city is a huge joy, it's a technically ace game too. Coming after God of War, the fights don't seem very taxing. Movement is so frenetic that jumping out of harm's way is always an easy alternative. It's fun, but I don't feel badass...so far. I can buy all kinds of new moves, but they seem there for show, I'm not sure I need them. God of War really made you feel the value of certain techniques and powers. I think that's good design although I guess I appreciate a lower difficulty, something less aggravating. Scanning the area always reveals new sidequests, backpacks, landmarks to be photographed, Harry's research stations and they're all marked with huge laser beams shooting out of their locations which means it's a bit less gratifying to actually find them. Not scanning the area makes it too difficult.

But it's a good game, story seems to go interesting places. Great fun!
    There's a few good boss battles that start to get a little challenging, but it was never overbearing. Had a blast going through it the entire time though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    There's a few good boss battles that start to get a little challenging, but it was never overbearing. Had a blast going through it the entire time though.
    Yeah feels good to sort of power through it, but still do enough side shit as well. My backlog would entirely agree.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

And spider-man just stopped being a colorful yarn. Wow wow wow! Shit got real.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

I was very surprised by how strong the story telling was in Spider-Man.

- - - - -
    Anyone getting Wolfenstein: Youngblood?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Anyone getting Wolfenstein: Youngblood?
    After those reviews? Nope.

Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale getting released on Xbone and PS4?

YES PLEASE VERY MUCH!!!