Page 1230 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 230730113011801220122812291230123112321240 ... LastLast
Results 30,726 to 30,750 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Yeah, you can actually interact with others and build space stations now, right?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Yeah, you can actually interact with others and build space stations now, right?
    Not sure about that. Just unlocked this huge space station hub with lots of merchants and other players running around. I plan on slowly exploring and building up my first base, and go from there.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

The artist who did the Hamilton piece my avatar is from, Claire Hummel, did an awesome Catamary Damacy poster for Mondo:

The space stations, yeah, I heard you can build those, planetary stations too. I am not sure about interacting with others. I hope not. I want the planets all to myself, thankyouverymuch. Maybe if I name them FuckOff that might help.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I'm with bac0n.

No Man's Sky is the game I play to get away from 13 year olds telling me how good they are at pleasing my mother.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I don't play anything online. Even Among Us on the phone they're annoying with only a few words in text.

My last DS3 character was specifically designed to deal with invaders. A tank with high dex and stamina and a massive fast two handed sword that scaled awesomely with Dex. One combo’ed a lot of those pesky invaders.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Full disclosure: To platinum DS3, you have to do a lot of invading... *cough*

I play Warzone and PGA 2k21 with friends online that live in other states. It's basically just talking on the phone with things happening. We played Red Dead Redemption 2 for a while where we'd literally just ride around on horses and hunt, sometimes never actually do anything.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

About 25 hours into Last of Us 2. Still mesmerizing, still waiting for the moment it's going to turn into controversy central.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I'm still kind of obsessed with Hades.

Everything plays so well, it is SO well balanced between thr weapons and abilities. I love how it kind of forces you to explore play with all 6 weapons. If you just pick one favorite and stick to it 100% of the time you won't be able to level it up fully, so you have to learn (and get good at) all 6.

Luckily, all 6 are awesome.

If the idea of an isometric Dark Souls game with a Binding of Isaac play loop appeals to you, check it out.

Bought a 2nd copy of Last of Us. Lets see if I can get this one to work.

Holy shit this disc works great! I finally get to play this game!

Good lord. Read this listing for a PS5 for sale here in Ottawa...

Price is pretty firm firm. Serious offers. Asking price OBO by Dec. 24, 2020.

Receipt provided and willing to be available to facilitate any warranty issues if original purchaser is needed (will provide my business card; I work in government). But I think factory warranties are transferable (with proof of purchase).

I have a few quantities. I don’t have any of the digital only version.

No deliveries. Pickups and e transfers (upon pick up) only. No cash please. (Cash is for peasants and $200 won’t cover being out of commission from COVID). Telling me you will pay me “today and in cash” only makes me think about the trip I’ll have to make to the bank to deposit it. There is a reason why Europe and Asia are light years ahead of us in digital tech adoption. No holds (offers of deposits will not be accepted).

You cannot be a reseller and must intend to keep the purchase for yourself or as a gift for someone else. Buyers’ marketplace profiles will be screened to see if they are selling PlayStations on marketplace.

If the way you carry yourself or speak to me leads my to reasonably infer you will be flipping the PlayStation I sell you or that your life may depend on scalping goods short in supply to make money, I won’t sell to you. I can sniff your breed out from miles away, whether you’re purebred or a tainted mix.
    If this guy doesn't wear a fedora and own a katana collection, I'll eat my hat.

Hey dont lump us sword collectors in with this toad.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Hey dont lump us sword collectors in with this toad.
    I used to collect swords, too.

It's more the combination fedora / neck beard / katana collection / probably vapes that I expect of him.

After totally rebuilding a wrecked A class ship this weekend, I now have a freighter with one frigate, and a couple guys ‘working’ on my home base. My my, this game has changed.

Edit: And the name of my A Class cruising ship is Whole Lotta Rosie. She’s big and wide and hauls a lot.
    Last edited by Scar; 01-18-2021 at 12:32 AM.

I'm thinking it will be fun to re-discover this game in VR.

Need capital ship name ideas. Went looking for the name of Breetai’s ship in Robotech, but only found a class name.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I just played through three endings of Cyberpunk today, and I'm in shock how emotional they have been.

Probably the best ending to a video game I've ever played.

Paired with this music-

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Need capital ship name ideas. Went looking for the name of Breetai’s ship in Robotech, but only found a class name.
    "Bitches"
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    "Bitches"
    :lol: I just might use the Zentraedi ship class name, followed by Bitches.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I just played through three endings of Cyberpunk today, and I'm in shock how emotional they have been.

Probably the best ending to a video game I've ever played.

Paired with this music-

Gives me motivate to beat. I feel like people ONLY talk about the bugs and the potential. I see the potential, haven't had too many bugs and never a crash The thing that annoys me is just that the city, while huge, doesn't really feel like things are really happening. The people moving definitely feel like video game characters and nothing like RDR2 or even Ghost of Tsushima.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Gives me motivate to beat. I feel like people ONLY talk about the bugs and the potential. I see the potential, haven't had too many bugs and never a crash The thing that annoys me is just that the city, while huge, doesn't really feel like things are really happening. The people moving definitely feel like video game characters and nothing like RDR2 or even Ghost of Tsushima.
    I'm with ya Eric. I can see past the bugs. I focus on the dialog and characters. And boy, the endings are solid.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Fingers crossed getting a PS5 tomorrow.