Page 1153 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 15365310531103114311511152115311541155116312031253 ... LastLast
Results 28,801 to 28,825 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Finished the main portion of RDR2 earlier today. I cried. Not just once but multiple times. Admittedly I never finished RDR1 and I don't play many games on the whole, let alone ones with a real storyline, let alone finish those ones with a storyline (the last one may have been a Arkham City). But I didn't quite expect that deep of an emotional impact. I really came to love Arthur. And my horse, which I refused to switch and when the game forced me to use a temporary horse I would always audible an apology or gentle reassurance once reunited with my real companion.

I had dinked around for the first few chapters; dropped the game for months. Can't say why I decided to get back into it, and I still wasn't hooked. I like the nature of this game, but I don't love it. And I can't spent hours upon hours trying to gather pelts to make a new saddle that I don't even really want to use. But after Arthur [
    ] I was riveted. Still made time to enjoy the world (love you, Rolling Block Rifle), but the story is where it was at for me. I felt the ending coming and kept telling myself I should stop and go finish finding rock carvings or dinosaur bones before it's too late, but I couldn't help it.

I wish I'd known what more I could have done with my money. Bit of a disconnect with Dutch constantly harping about needing more money and I'd want to be like "buddy I can fund us all to gtfo here".

Also wish I could've fucking found Gavin.

Sort of my trajectory and feelings with the game. In the end, it's great storytelling first and foremost, but not something which really, truly riveted me gameplay-wise.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

- - - - -
    LOL, goddamn. More bad vibes from the Borderlands 3 launch: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...on_epic_games/

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh but in Epic's defense, it's still growing. Remember when steam had absolutely nothing but a painful way to launch games? It took them years to be loved and Epic already have cloud save support for some of their games. So they are adding features.

This is a very aggressive roadmap. (I'm still not getting BL3 at launch)

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Yeah, I've heard that excuse before and I think it's a lame one. This is 2019 and we're talking about an established, billion dollar business. (And as noted in that thread, Steam had pre-loads when Half Life 2 was released in 2005.)

Epic has improved, but somehow they still don't have a shopping cart and the ability to take certain foreign currencies. This literally costs them business. They took pre-orders on BL3 and now they announce they can't pre-load it. I dunno how that's even possible from either a business or technical standpoint.

In the grand scheme, who cares, but jfc oth it's almost like they're trying to alienate their own customers.

- - - - -

Meanwhile, has anyone played this?

Because it looks like it's deeply fucked up yet somehow hilarious if played co-op.

It was a free game of the month, and I gave it a shot. The concept is there, but there's so many bugs and control issues that it's not worth my time.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It was a free game of the month, and I gave it a shot. The concept is there, but there's so many bugs and control issues that it's not worth my time.
    I invested a couple hours in it, and then came to the same conclusion. Glad I didn’t pay for it.

However, Sniper Elite 4 is a free game this month!
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Yeah, I've heard that excuse before and I think it's a lame one. This is 2019 and we're talking about an established, billion dollar business. (And as noted in that thread, Steam had pre-loads when Half Life 2 was released in 2005.)

Epic has improved, but somehow they still don't have a shopping cart and the ability to take certain foreign currencies. This literally costs them business. They took pre-orders on BL3 and now they announce they can't pre-load it. I dunno how that's even possible from either a business or technical standpoint.

In the grand scheme, who cares, but jfc oth it's almost like they're trying to alienate their own customers.
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/15/...bgoHqXkjisMxWu

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    ???

Cloud saves are nice but they don't bring in new customers and they don't incentivize anyone to spend money.

Hotline Miami launching on Switch today??

OK... now I'm seriously looking into buying a Switch.

Insomniac Games acquired by Sony. Wow.

Many Spider-man games incoming...

Any of you guys use an airport express wifi router with your PS4? I updated the firmware on the airport last week, and my PS4 hasn't been able to connect to it since (can't find the SSID).

I'm on the verge of getting a new router, but it's odd - the PS4 is the only device in the house that has trouble connecting to the wifi.

EDIT: Mystery solved - I had switched my router to 5Ghz to help with throughput, but I guess the PS4 I have only supports 2.4GHz (lame).
    Last edited by bac0n; 08-20-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Last edited by Milky Joe; 08-26-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Any big handheld gamers here?

- - - - -
    I own a Switch. Does that count?

- - - - -
    Also oh God I forgot today is the day: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WoWClassic

I’m just trying to find out if a 3DS is worth getting while they’re still easy to find?

I have a DS and love it.

Should I just skip a gen and get a switch?

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    The 3DS was a great little system, but its time is done. It's worth buying if you get one cheap and as long as you aren't expecting anything more than what's already there—pretty sure Nintendo has moved all their efforts to the Switch. I have a feeling that all the best games on it will eventually be ported to the Switch (I hope, anyway... please give me Super Mario 3D Land on the Switch!!!). You won't be able to play the Sega 3D Classics in 3D anywhere else though.

But like, yeah, you should probably just get a Switch if what you want is the latest best handheld Nintendo stuff.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

- - - - -

^ "Dark Souls with guns"

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UdjGDggN8Y

Tempted to give this a shot. It's $40 on Steam / PS4 / XBone.

I suddenly feel like I was summoned here by Irish.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    @Scar:

@Meg: Switch Light might be something to consider. $200 US, handheld only. Sep 20. Review/ preview: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...ressions-price

I may be buying a switch this week....

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    @Scar:

@Meg: Switch Light might be something to consider. $200 US, handheld only. Sep 20. Review/ preview: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...ressions-price
    Yeah I’ve been reading about the Lite.

I might, I dunno...

I do like being able to play games on my TV.

I’m a complicated man.

- - - - -

I guess Gearbox heard Duke was gonna buy a Switch?