Page 656 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1565566066466546556566576586667067561156 ... LastLast
Results 16,376 to 16,400 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    You know what I hated about Lords of Shadow? Every damn time you had to do something, there was a button-prompt flashing on the screen. PRESS B!!!! PRESS B!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!! DO IT NOW!!! PRESS BEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Fucking-A, games HAVE to stop with this shit.

Yeah, I also find it really weird that the game has incredibly repetitive combat, horrible cut scenes and QTE battles, yet there are some really interesting and well executed puzzles, and the second you slow down on these puzzles to think about the solution, it prompts you to skip the puzzle.

It's like ordering a steak at a restaurant and the whole thing is grissle, and every time you get to a nice piece of meat the waiter stands at your shoulder asking if you'd like him to take that piece away so you can get back to the grissle.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

So after getting my platinum trophy on Dark Souls, I think it is time to start working on Demon's Souls. I'm excited to start! Any beginner's tips?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    You've got like a week left.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    So after getting my platinum trophy on Dark Souls, I think it is time to start working on Demon's Souls. I'm excited to start! Any beginner's tips?
    If you want to breeze through it, pick the Royal class. If you want a more difficult and deeper experience, pick a melee class.

The only thing you NEED online for is world 3-3. Try to experience that during the next week.

Hmm, thanks guys. So world 3-3 is not possible to complete offline?

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Hmm, thanks guys. So world 3-3 is not possible to complete offline?
    Oh no. You can complete everything offline. However, there is something really special about 3-3 when you are online, especially if you are actively participating in multiplayer. There is also 1 item (not sure if it relates to a trophy - Scar?) that you can only get when playing 3-3 online.

Oh no. You can complete everything offline. However, there is something really special about 3-3 when you are online, especially if you are actively participating in multiplayer. There is also 1 item (not sure if it relates to a trophy - Scar?) that you can only get when playing 3-3 online.
    Pretty sure you don't need it to trophy. But if you want a tornado shaped turban.....

I'm still sitting at 92% trophy completion. Just don't feel like farming right now, and if I ever want to go back and platinum, I can do it offline and manipulate the world tendencies much easier to get the necessary stones to complete the last few weapons trophies and get my platinum.

Right now, I'm all about GT5.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Grad celebration/server shut-down preparation:

Bought Demon's Souls to play on my friend's PS3 a few weeks back. Had an epic run/playtime yesterday. Beat 2-2, 2-3, 1-3, 3-1, 4-1, 4-2, and 5-1, only using the internet for a few of the boss fights (sorry, I couldn't stand the Fool's Idol respawning after about four times). Just rockin' through with a +8 Bastard Sword and +5 Kite Shield.

Thoughts:
    The manta rays in world 4 are a nightmare for melee builds. That's probably the hardest world for me so far, and also my favorite, but the bosses are really easy.

World 5 is an obvious precursor to Blighttown.

The Dragon God is a better puzzle/boss than the Bed of Chaos.

At first I didn't like how you had to pay souls for healing items, but it's apparent now that grass is way easier on the player than flasks, since they're unlimited and one run through 1-3 nets you at least 50.

I'm gonna need help on the Maneater. Where's the best place to find summon signs?

If you can't get someone to help you out on Maneater, make sure you have a bow and a couple hundred arrows. When you get to the fog gate, stand all the way to the right, I think, and start lobbing arrows at the first maneater. You can kill the first maneater before you even cross the fog gate. Then lure the second eater to the upper level, and dance around the fire with him, smacking him when you can.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    I'm gonna need help on the Maneater. Where's the best place to find summon signs?
    By the Archstone.

You can solo them by fighting in the center of the walkway, keeping the big stone fire pit between you and them.

The Demon's Souls server was, like, down when I was doing 3-3. Friend told me later what I'd missed. :sad:

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    The Demon's Souls server was, like, down when I was doing 3-3. Friend told me later what I'd missed. :sad:
    Diablo III knows no bounds....

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Thoughts:
    The manta rays in world 4 are a nightmare for melee builds. That's probably the hardest world for me so far, and also my favorite, but the bosses are really easy.
    The Thief's Ring is a must for those guys, unless you're a crack shot with a long-range weapon.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Looks like there is a very nice list of skills in Dragon's Dogma.

[youtube]zdycx_MMMaE#![/youtube]

Oh come on and be out already!

Boy, these Endurance Races on GT-5 in B-spec mode are draining, especially with the Mazda Furai Concept '08.

*drinks beer*
    *checks work e-mail*
    *drinks beer*
    *surfs match-cut*

Never did an endurance race for that reason.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Never did an endurance race for that reason.
    I've done them on A-spec (where you drive) on some of the previous releases, but this is my first B-Spec. As long as you got a great car, you can just let it do its thing while you take care of other stuff.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I've done them on A-spec (where you drive) on some of the previous releases, but this is my first B-Spec. As long as you got a great car, you can just let it do its thing while you take care of other stuff.
    Seems like you should be able to just sim the thing then.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Seems like you should be able to just sim the thing then.
    An older version did have a feature where you speed up time.

Endurance races are only a small part of the game, and when one of your hands might be messed up, it allows you to make progress in your game. :P

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    An older version did have a feature where you speed up time.

Endurance races are only a small part of the game, and when one of your hands might be messed up, it allows you to make progress in your game. :P
    True. And the benefits of those races is huge if I remember right.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering Dragon's Dogma. Looks awesome.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I'm seriously considering pre-ordering Dragon's Dogma. Looks awesome.
    It does, but I'm deeply suspicious of that companion AI.

A couple of times that video cut away fom awkward movements & clumpy positioning, right before it looked like they were about to get slammed by AoE.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Why the fuck did I just buy Diablo III with two months of school left?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?