Page 1177 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1776771077112711671175117611771178117911871227 ... LastLast
Results 29,401 to 29,425 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    What if the PS5 launched lower than the PS4?

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-p...ockingly-cheap
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Freed my third Divine Beast and got the Master Sword!

I thought I was kind of done with open world games, but this one has me.

Breath of the Wild is one of the goats. Was your third divine beast the... camel?

It was the third one I started but I had trouble fighting Thunderblight Ganon so I explored some more and ended up freeing the lizard, then going back.

So i went...

Elephant
    Bird
    Lizard
    Camel

The moment I first saw the lizard was I knew I was playing one of the best games ever.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    The moment I first saw the lizard was I knew I was playing one of the best games ever.
    Yeah it's something pretty special.

Apparently it's like, a "thing", that many people hate the wide open expanses where not much is going on.

Not only do I find that complaint false, because I am constantly discovering new stuff and hidden little trinkets, but I find running/walking/riding through the landscapes and just hearing the animals and insects and wind to be very peaceful and relaxing.

Yeah, I don't jive with that criticism at all. Dark Souls, and most notably The Long Dark, taught me that the journey from place to place is an essential part of a well-designed open world game, even if the player isn't bombarded with stuff that requires an immediate reaction. As you point out, Breath of the Wild is a beautiful game both in graphics and sound design. Plus there's all sorts of stuff to find. I'll go so far as to say I prefer the less-populated open world design of games like Breath of the Wild, Mad Max, Days Gone, even Far Cry to the stimulus overload of GTA (as incredible as those games are). I can't even fast travel in the "survival mode" of Days Gone right now, and the experience is more immersive as a result.

Edit: To play devil's advocate to myself, I should point out the open world of Metal Gear Solid 5 definitely counts as "less-populated," but I don't think it works nearly as well as the other games I mentioned. That being said, I still like that game over all.
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 04-01-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Now the journeys in Death Stranding are just bleak, boring, and offer nothing else to do except pick up other items to weigh you down.

And then there's RDR2, which you'll have your mind on a mission, only to be galloping along and be like, "Oh, I could use that pelt for the hat I want." Which is a good thing

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I just couldn't get into MGS5.

I don't like Kojima games at all.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Now the journeys in Death Stranding are just bleak, boring, and offer nothing else to do except pick up other items to weigh you down.
    I haven't touched in a few months but there's something oddly comforting about making the journey. The music certainly helps. But I can't say I'm as engaged as I was when I first started. The ziplines certainly make it MORE fun.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And then there's RDR2, which you'll have your mind on a mission, only to be galloping along and be like, "Oh, I could use that pelt for the hat I want." Which is a good thing
    Totally agree. Perfect examples.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I haven't touched in a few months but there's something oddly comforting about making the journey. The music certainly helps. But I can't say I'm as engaged as I was when I first started. The ziplines certainly make it MORE fun.
    Is it still glitch-central?

I remember seeing so many videos popping up of people being insanely frustarted trying to traverse the terrain and getting stuck on geometry, or even having the character just spaz out and rag doll

I don't think I ever had a glitch happen to me, but anytime that slime monster appeared, it's suppose to be terrifying, but is really just the most inconvenient thing ever in games.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

PSN Spring Sale. I got:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    Original Doom and Doom 2 (barely remember them)
    Railway Empire
    The Surge 2

All for not much more than a regular full-priced game. Between those, Control, and Days Gone I think I'm set for a while. I decided Days Gone will be my sixth platinum.

Making that decision to Platinum a game is so awesome.

I did it with Fallen Order, and if I did it it's definitely not hard, and has no online only unlocks. Try for that one, too!

The last of us 2 delayed.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

The game about a viral pandemic and the end of civilization delayed indefinitely due to...

A viral pandemic and the end of civilization.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    The last of us 2 delayed.
    This will be a PS5 game, won't it?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This will be a PS5 game, won't it?
    It sounds like they will be doing the same thing they did with Last of Us. Release is very late in the PS4 lifecycle, and then re-release it as a remastered and double dip on the $60 price tag.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It sounds like they will be doing the same thing they did with Last of Us. Release is very late in the PS4 lifecycle, and then re-release it as a remastered and double dip on the $60 price tag.
    Woof.... I forget if the multiplayer was in both versions or not.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I think it was, yeah.

Cancelled my Last of Us Part 2 collector's edition pre-order just in case it gets pushed back so far it releases alongside a PS5 version.

In other news, I platinumed Days Gone. Really underrated game. I had a great time.

Now I have six platinum trophies:
    Dark Souls Remaster
    The Last of Us
    Resogun
    Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    God of War
    Days Gone

Edit: I'm also really close in Mad Max (car race challenges just weren't worth it to me), Defense Grid 2 (tower defense game I wore out back when there wasn't much on the PS4), Far Cry 4 (stupid "multiplayer" trophies), and Bloodborne (stupid chalice dungeons).
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 04-05-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Very nice! You've got some challenging games under your belt, for platinum!

The ones I have gotten platinum on are:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Spider-Man PS4
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I am only missing one trophy in Dark Souls 2 (on PS3), and I think 2 in Bloodborne.

In 2016's DOOM I got everything except the trophies that require online play.

I also was 1 trophy away from platinum in No Man's Sky, but a glitch kept me from getting the last trophy. Gave up and never went back.

- - - - -
    Is anyone playing Doom Eternal?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Is anyone playing Doom Eternal?
    Too slow after playing Dusk.