Page 1146 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 14664610461096113611441145114611471148115611961246 ... LastLast
Results 28,626 to 28,650 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Onrush is kind of fascinating. I’ve never played anything like this.

They’ve essentially created a TF2 type of class based combat game, but with the persistent forward movement of a Racer.

- - - - -
    Something Feels Off About The Avengers Gameplay Demo

^ Text description of Crystal Dynamic's "Avengers" game, after a closed-door E3 demo to journalists.

They sure are keeping this thing under wraps.

It both looks and sounds like a mess.

Honestly from minute one when it was announced that Square Enix was doing it, I was like “...them?”

It both looks and sounds like a mess.

Honestly from minute one when it was announced that Square Enix was doing it, I was like “...them?”

- - - - -

^ 30 minutes of Watchdog: Legion gameplay from Ubisoft at E3. (They start with the Grandma.)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Something Feels Off About The Avengers Gameplay Demo

^ Text description of Crystal Dynamic's "Avengers" game, after a closed-door E3 demo to journalists.

They sure are keeping this thing under wraps.
    What the god damn hell is going on? It's not like they are making Diablo IV. Show us something!!!!!!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What the god damn hell is going on? It's not like they are making Diablo IV. Show us something!!!!!!
    Right? It's starting to smell.

Both Watchdogs and Avengers have Spring 2020 release dates but only one of them demos to a general audience. Maybe Avengers isn't in a playable state but it's weird they didn't show anything at E3 outside cinematics and closed door gameplay.

Well they have 11 months to do it. But it's definitely not on my radar now as something I'm expecting to play. Fuck I'll kill zombies all over again with Dying Light 2 instead.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Soooo... I impulse bought an XBox One S. Got a decent deal (and a Fortnite skin I'm selling on eBay), plus 2 years of Live + Gamepass on special offer.

From Gamepass, I'm immediately grabbing:

- Borderlands 2 / Pre-sequel
    - Metro Exodus
    - Superhot
    - Void Bastards
    - OnRush
    - Ashen
    - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
    - Sea of Thieves
    - Forza Horizon 4
    - Wolfenstein: New Order
    - Wolfenstein II: New Colossus
    - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    - Tomb Raider / Rise / Shadow
    - Dead by Daylight
    - Everspace
    - State of Decay 2 / Heartland
    - Banner Saga 1-3
    - Just Cause 4
    - Outer Wilds
    - Gears of War 4
    - Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
    - Sunset Overdrive
    - Alien: Isolation
    - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    - Doom (2016)
    - Halo: Master Chief Collection
    - Mass Effect
    - Thomas Was Alone
    - What Remains of Edith Finch
    - Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Figure this'll keep me busy until mid-2020, but if you got any recs for other multi-platform games, I'd appreciate it.

I'm cool with some games being open world and some taking a linear approach, but hot damn Tomb Raider may be the most linear game I've played in I don't know how long. Practically running down one-way hallways...through the jungle.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Soooo... I impulse bought an XBox One S. Got a decent deal (and a Fortnite skin I'm selling on eBay), plus 2 years of Live + Gamepass on special offer.

From Gamepass, I'm immediately grabbing:

- Borderlands 2 / Pre-sequel
    - Metro Exodus
    - Superhot
    - Void Bastards
    - OnRush
    - Ashen
    - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
    - Sea of Thieves
    - Forza Horizon 4
    - Wolfenstein: New Order
    - Wolfenstein II: New Colossus
    - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    - Tomb Raider / Rise / Shadow
    - Dead by Daylight
    - Everspace
    - State of Decay 2 / Heartland
    - Banner Saga 1-3
    - Just Cause 4
    - Outer Wilds
    - Gears of War 4
    - Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
    - Sunset Overdrive
    - Alien: Isolation
    - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    - Doom (2016)
    - Halo: Master Chief Collection
    - Mass Effect
    - Thomas Was Alone
    - What Remains of Edith Finch
    - Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Figure this'll keep me busy until mid-2020, but if you got any recs for other multi-platform games, I'd appreciate it.
    Can you do me a huge favour and PLEASE tell me what you think of Wolfenstein.

I was floored by how good it was, and I never, EVER expected to have such an emotional reaction to a freaking WOLFENSTEIN game.

It’s one of only 3 games I’ve gotten 100% completion (platinum trophy) on.

It’s incredible.

Alien Isolation is great until the cyborgs get introduced.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Thanks for the recs! I'll bump those up in my queue.

But first, Void Bastards, lol:

[]

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Alien Isolation is great until the cyborgs get introduced.
    That's early though. I didn't mind them. The atmosphere is excellent.

For me on that list, Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect are must plays.

That's early though. I didn't mind them. The atmosphere is excellent.
    Would be kind of cool if they do a marines approach where you switch between marines that can shoot, but obviously attract attention of many aliens that can come from every direction, and then to a civilian that needs to crawl and hide their way to whatever the destination is.

And abandon the cyborgs altogether

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Would be kind of cool if they do a marines approach where you switch between marines that can shoot, but obviously attract attention of many aliens that can come from every direction, and then to a civilian that needs to crawl and hide their way to whatever the destination is.

And abandon the cyborgs altogether
    But then it becomes a shooter rather than survival horror. The whole point of the game is there is only 1 alien, and you have no defenses.

- - - - -
    COMMANDER SHEPARD HAS LANDED ON EDEN PRIME AND HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING.

PLEASE DON'T TELL THE FREAKY ALIEN ASSASSIN DUDE THAT THO.

OMG it's been so long since i played but I remember the first daunting feeling of that universe.

I tried to play those games but I was overwhelmed. Also, kids. I just didn't have the time to commit.

- - - - -
    OMG it's been so long since i played but I remember the first daunting feeling of that universe.
    It's a little confusing but I get a kick out of seeing some light KOTOR infuences here and there (and I'm pretty sure a guy on my squad is voiced by the same actor who played Carth Onassi).

BTW, what's your favorite shooter these days?

XBox has its own weird ass version of Twitch called Mixer and last night I watched some chick stream Apex Legends. Looked pretty cool but the basic gameplay didn't look much different from Overwatch or even Counter Strike.
    Last edited by Irish; 06-15-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Still playing Division 2 and Wildlands a great deal. (both 3rd person) The shooting mechanics are phenomenal.

Just started the first Watch Dogs (which is more 3rd person) and I haven't finished Doom yet.

If you like battle royale games, Apex is for you.

But then it becomes a shooter rather than survival horror. The whole point of the game is there is only 1 alien, and you have no defenses.
    It can still be terrifying as a shooter. Minimal ammo, overwhelming aliens, acid... And having to also keep in touch with the one that has no weapons/ammo, and is hiding.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Mass Effect 1-3! Just fantastic stuff. Not too RPG-ish luckily, just thrilling stuff, fun, varied worlds. I even enjoyed the mining stuff.

"We have found an anomaly" felt oddly spine-tingling each time.

Still balls deep in God of War. What a game. Some battles are just out there, and when I emerge victorious there are few games that can compare. Climbing the Muspelheim volcano now, battling through a succession of 6 trials (the ones with a huge sword stuck in the ground) that hurl 2-3 waves of baddies towards my kid and me. Yesterday one of the trials was "kill 100 enemies". Enemies of all varieties. Epic shit.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

- - - - -
    Sad to say I'm finding Mass Effect to be dated. They designed a game that looks like a third-person shooter but doesn't play like one.

The combat is terrible and not fun. Inventory management is hellish and confusing. The pacing is all over the place, an an hour long dungeon crawl will be followed by what seems like hours and hours of exposition dumps and fetch quests. It's so bad that I was actively googling "Can I skip Mass Effect 1 and just play Mass Effect 2?" last night.

Everything else -- story, character, NPCs -- is grand in a very BioWare-ish way. The game at least looks and sounds good for something that's over 10 years old.

But I don't understand how this happened because the games BioWare made just before and just after this one were better on every level. (KOTOR and Jade Empire had cleaner interfaces and simpler mechanics; Dragon Age: Origins and their Star Wars MMO had much better combat.)

I've heard the sequels are better all around and I kinda wanna see where this goes, so my plan right now is to rush the first game and move on to the second.