Page 755 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2556557057457537547557567577658058551255 ... LastLast
Results 18,851 to 18,875 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

There's no consensus on Bayonetta. Some people think it's a ho-hum action game with a dumb story. Some others (including myself) think it's a spectacular action game with a great sense of humor.

As to whether or not it's bloody? Not very. It's certainly violent though.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Played about an hour of The Cave today. So far it's a decent puzzle game but nothing special. The controls especially the jumping are not very good.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Dear Sucker Punch,

Thanks for screwing me on the Infamous 2 hard difficulty trophy and therefore my first platinum. Fuck you.
    I'd try posting something over in these forums and see if someone can help you. It's a sister site to the xboxachievements site and I've gotten answers from there before.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    What's the consensus on Bayonetta? Is it bloody?
    I wasn't sure at first. It all seemed so nuts, out there, but I quickly warmed to its combat system. One of the most thrilling games of its kind. Really exhausting as well as per its boss encounters and mid-level guardians, but the elation when conquering them was at least as profound, if not more so.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I'd try posting something over in these forums and see if someone can help you. It's a sister site to the xboxachievements site and I've gotten answers from there before.
    Everything I've read pretty much says its a crapshoot whether or not the game awards it to you, and I'm not doing a third play through.

Played through The Cave. It was pretty mediocre. There are 7 characters and you pick three to go through the game with. The only story to speak of is 8 pictures with text for each character and when you finish the game with your three characters you get two more pictures for each of them. First off they want you to play through the game multiple times to see all the characters. The stupid part is there are only 7 characters. So you go through twice with three different characters and then you have only one left which you have to play through with two characters you've already seen everything with. Why they didn't just have 9 characters I have no idea. Not to mention nothing about these pictures is rewarding or interesting enough for you to want to go back and see the pictures for the other characters.

Some of the puzzles are neat and the Cave/narrator is occasionally funny but this was nowhere near the fun of Costume Quest or Stacking.
    TV Recently Finished:

6 hours into Ni No Kuni, and it's still telling me what to do and where to go. Does this ever stop? My god it is super annoying. Why do so many modern games treat the players like idiots?

In Ghibli's defense, it is a game aimed at children. Still sorry to hear that, as I'm really looking forward to the game.

It completely kills any sense of wonder and exploration, because it's always telling you where to go next. And it's not just some small thing on a map - you can turn off the map check point. It's a giant banner that takes up the whole top of the screen that tells you exactly where to go next.

NES games were also aimed at children, and they didn't have a giant banner always telling the player where to go. For some reason, many game developers think that players are stupid these days.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    It completely kills any sense of wonder and exploration, because it's always telling you where to go next. And it's not just some small thing on a map - you can turn off the map check point. It's a giant banner that takes up the whole top of the screen that tells you exactly where to go next.

NES games were also aimed at children, and they didn't have a giant banner always telling the player where to go. For some reason, many game developers think that players are stupid these days.
    How are along are you storywise?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    How are along are you storywise?
    I'm in the Golden Grove.

I'm in the Golden Grove.
    Well, I'll find out for myself. So far, it's absolutely killing the pace of the game each time a new instructional idea comes up, or set plan of what to do.

I have Colonel Marines waiting in February. I need to beat it by then, or I fear I'll never play it again.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Just finished The Walking Dead.

Such a Happy Joy Joy ending.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Does this ever stop?
    Yes. You've only completed the first town. Every JRPG has some sort of tutorial. Ni No Kuni just has a lot of information to dump out. You haven't even started catching and evolving familiars yet.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Also the amazingness of Mr. Drippy negates any hand-holding early on. He's awesome.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Davis has played waaaay too much Dark/Demons Souls.

ritch:
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Just finished The Walking Dead.

Such a Happy Joy Joy ending.
    But who do you think was on the hill??

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    But who do you think was on the hill??
    People.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    People.
    :evil:

:lol:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I had an epic Ni No Kuni day during the ice storm on Friday. Probably played for close to ten hours. I'm without a doubt in the real meat of the game now, and I've found that turning off the guiding star (the most important) and even the mini-map (by pressing select) has helped me gain a sense of exploration that was certainly missing from the first ten or so hours of the game. The instructions get a little more vague as the game progresses, but sadly the huge banner at the top doesn't go away. Just never stop moving!

Battles have become a lot more complex with additional party members. It's fun to find strategies that work and then force yourself to think of another way to battle. I just wonder when I'll be able to evolve familiars again. You can evolve them the first time at level 15 or so, but I have a few second-tiers over level 30 that still won't metamorphose.

The last two towns (first two islands) I visited were my favorites yet, I think. The second one especially has a really cool and surprising story arc. My favorite part of the game by far though is the bit back in Motorville with Myrtle and her father. I don't think I've ever been that emotionally affected by a game.

It definitely has its faults, but I'm loving the game. I think I'm about half-way through, but I'm not getting tired of the mechanics or menus or even grinding. It's progressing really nicely. The prolonged instructions at the beginning are kind of indicative of how the game lets you get used to something first before moving you on to the next mechanic . I like how it's not playing all its cards at once, so to speak. I mean, I didn't even have a full party until probably twenty hours in.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I just overclocked my i7 920 to 3.6 Ghz and threw in 12 GB of RAM. Let's see how stable this thing gets; holding at 60 degrees C on stock cooler. Intel's shit is the shit.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Got Ni No Kuni coming this week. I like it when games tell me where I'm supposed to go.

I have Ni No Kuni coming also but Dead Space 3 comes out in a week so I'm probably gonna play through that first.
    TV Recently Finished:

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I just overclocked my i7 920 to 3.6 Ghz and threw in 12 GB of RAM. Let's see how stable this thing gets; holding at 60 degrees C on stock cooler. Intel's shit is the shit.
    The 920 is a real workhorse even today. It was really expensive when it came out, though.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    The 920 is a real workhorse even today. It was really expensive when it came out, though.
    Yeh its easily the best OCable low end chip Intel has ever made. I've been running it stock since 09 when I got it and finally needed to tweak it for Far Cry 3.

Also, Hitman Absolution is $16 today on Steam. Snagged it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?