Page 255 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1552052452532542552562572653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Good deal on Indie games in Steam this weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/indiesale

I already have a few of the big one's so I probably won't partake.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Yeah - demos are one of my favorite things of this generation.
    demos were part of the previous two generations too. i couldn't wait for each issue of the official playstation magazine, and only because of the demo disc that came with it each month

i mean it's great now that they're free

Jesus, Bioshock is intense. I think I've been "killed" a hundred times in this.

And the Big Daddy's. Sheesh.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

Yeah man, glad you're diggin' it. Love the sound design so much. The Big Daddys are amazing, too. Very intimidating to go up against those guys.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

We should really just consolidate.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You can always get an external USB keyboard. Don't count on Crysis running too well btw.
    Well, I've got 4 gigs of ddr2 ram, a geforce 9600 GT and a 2.53 ghz CPU. Is that really too feeble?

The Crysis manual btw has a page on how to configure an xbox 360 joypad. Pretty cool.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    I started Sly Cooper 2 today for a few hours, and so far it seems considerably improved over the original, with less of an emphasis on collecting items and platforming mechanics (i.e. Jak) than a developed sense of actual stealth design, with a single, wide-open environment to contend with and multiple characters with unique strengths to play as, all while carrying over the appealing visual design and sense of humor. Sly Cooper as a series feels like it has really found its voice here, so I'm looking forward to delving further into the game.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Holy crap.

Just played a level in "'Splosion Man" that was very, very difficult. I love that this game has nothing cheap in it - nowhere do you feel like "wow, this is impossible". Anything you can't beat, it's simply because you're not good enough or fast enough.

I just went through one series of jumps and platforms that took about 20 tries. Wow, that was killer.

My Blazblue copy arrived and i'm having a blast.

It's been a long time since a fighter held my attention, Soul Calibur 4 was a letdown to me, and while i enjoyed SF4 i'm not a great player and thankfully BB it's an easier game to get into, and offer a fresh experience while SF had more of a nostalgic feel to it. Controls are responsive and combos are executed with forgiving timing, very satisfying gameplay with enought depht in it to last for a long time.

Lovely high def 2D and 3D artwork, if a bit busy, but i guess it will be appreciated more by those into anime. I'm loving the oddball cast of fighters, which one plays very differently from each other and offer a huge variety of play mechanics.

there's still several stuff to see, i haven't touched online and story modes yet.

Awesome, KK.

That's a fighting game I really want to try out.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

Yeah, no kiddin' - I think I was able to fight those guys without dying, maybe once, and that one time involved meticulous trap setting, chickenshit running and gunning, and most of all, dumb luck.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Well, I've got 4 gigs of ddr2 ram, a geforce 9600 GT and a 2.53 ghz CPU. Is that really too feeble?
    I'm sorry to say Yes.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Yeah, no kiddin' - I think I was able to fight those guys without dying, maybe once, and that one time involved meticulous trap setting, chickenshit running and gunning, and most of all, dumb luck.
    Dumbluck is right. I was hoping to electrocute one while it was in water, but it recovers far too quick.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Little King's Story is pretty much the only thing I played over the weekend. I got about six hours in (20ish game days). I'm rather smitten with it. Every aspect of the game just exudes charm. The music is beautifully arranged and effectively used. I sometimes finding myself wishing I could either use the Wii remote as a pointer to direct my citizens or have some sort of Zelda-style targeting system, because the little nuances of analog stick movements can get really iffy when directing from a distance, especially when the king's trying to dodge projectiles. And I've had some frustrating minutes trying to get my guard to follow me up some stairs. Otherwise, the execution of this is pretty great.

I also sort of wish that I wasn't able to rely on Over-There Beach (a resurrection beach where slain citizens sometimes wash up alive the day after a battle) so much, since I haven't yet had an actual citizen death. I was really panicked after I beat Onii King last night, since my only casualty was a footman named Mike, who's dating an animal hunter named Alice, and the thought of her losing him was kind of upsetting. I was thinking I'd actually reset and try again. But then he washed up on the beach and I was like "Oh, okay, whatever."

Also, I like that the game is pretty much entirely in real time. If you stop moving, the clock still counts down.

I've heard that the music in Little King's Story is excellent.

I picked up that Viking game for the 360. Just got it, haven't played it. Looks fun. I like this time of the 360's lifespan - it is now possible to find games for cheap that were overlooked, or that are older and worth playing.

I'm sorry to say Yes.
    The demo was sorta playable on my previous pc with modest detail. (AMD 3500+ 2.2 ghz / Geforce 6800 Ultra / 1 gig ram).

Last night the game chugged like crazy in the opening intro with the airplane. I turned it off.

How odd when every aspect of this laptop is more powerful than my previous PC. U yourself indicated that a Geforce 9600 GT > Geforce 6800 ultra.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    The demo was sorta playable on my previous pc with modest detail. (AMD 3500+ 2.2 ghz / Geforce 6800 Ultra / 1 gig ram).

Last night the game chugged like crazy in the opening intro with the airplane. I turned it off.

How odd when every aspect of this laptop is more powerful than my previous PC. U yourself indicated that a Geforce 9600 GT > Geforce 6800 ultra.
    I'm actually surprised the demo played better on your first PC. Believe me, I've tested this game on practically every mobile graphics card AND desktop GPU imaginable. The best it's ever played on was two nvidia 280s in Sli. I'm running it on a Single 1,792 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 and I can't even run it on Ultra. I don't even get 60 fps on High.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Finished RE5 on pro mode today. Had to use the infinite rocket launcher to get me out of some tough areas though (mostly boss fights). Especially that Jill/Wesker fight near the end was driving me crazy and it didn't help that the AI was constantly being killed in 1 hit by Wesker. Now I just need to S rank a couple chapters and then I will move on to another game.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    I'm working my way through Dead Space at a snail's pace. I got it weeks ago and I'm still only on the third chapter. I just finished turning the engine on.

Still, great game.
    I finished Dead Space then beat RE5, then went back to DS. I'm currently playing to games on DS, a round two medium up to chapter 10, and a hard round one up to round 6 I think.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    I'm working my way through Dead Space at a snail's pace. I got it weeks ago and I'm still only on the third chapter. I just finished turning the engine on.

Still, great game.
    I looooooooove the sound effects in that room after you turn it on. Gives off a great atmospheric experience.

For those maybe 2-3 of you who care, I managed to get into the Champions-Online open beta over the weekend. For the unaware, CO is a superhero MMO built by the same folks who built that other superhero MMO, City of Heroes. CO is supposedly coming out for the 360 sometime in the as of yet undisclosed future (tho I would be surprised if it were to show up before Q1 next year). Still no solid word on when that 360 release is gonna be, tho rumors abound of everything from late september to never. In the meantime, it's slated for a 9/1 PC release, so I decided to see how it would work on my crappy PC laptop.

Well, it works, but the graphics card on my laptop isn't up to snuff, so the graphics look PS2-ish. Still, I was able to play the game. The controls are very similar to City of Heroes - the movement keys are the same, the power keys are the same, tho now it's more arcadey, inasmuch as you don't walk up to the bad guy, press 1 which causes power 1, then press 2 while you wait for one to recharge, press 3, press 1, press 4, get a beer from the fridge, press 1, press 3, go to the bathroom, press 5.

Here you need to hit your basic attack, usually a simple punch or a low powered ranged attack, to build up an energy meter which you can then use to hit your bigger attacks. The good thing about this is that it makes the combat much more fast paced, a good thing. The bad thing is that it eliminates specialized roles. You have either brawlers or shooters, and they both fight the same way - hit your basic attacks until your energy meter is filled up, then throw in a big attack. Support classes like healers and controllers, well, they're kinda SOL, cuz they're going to have to enter the fray to build up enough energy to heal and control, which kinda defeats their purpose, being staying back and helping out the good guys (healers) or hurting the badguys (controllers).

So, the upside is the combat is gonna be more exciting because it'll be more quick paced, no auto-blocking and dodging, but the teaming is probably gonna be not as fun, as there'll be less variety in the types of heroes teaming up.

Still, the game shows promise. I'm still looking forward to the hopeful 360 release.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

So B...

The best part about the HERO System is the robust character development process. By picking disadvantages and advantages you were able to make some amazing characters. I remember one time I actually made Tetsuo and Akira, and during the campaign they both exploded thus destroying the entire world.

I also made a character that was basically the most powerful being in the universe, but he was deathly afraid of the sun and air. It was a total blast to role-play.

How is the CC process in this? Is it even really a HERO system game?

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    So B...

The best part about the HERO System is the robust character development process. By picking disadvantages and advantages you were able to make some amazing characters. I remember one time I actually made Tetsuo and Akira, and during the campaign they both exploded thus destroying the entire world.

I also made a character that was basically the most powerful being in the universe, but he was deathly afraid of the sun and air. It was a total blast to role-play.

How is the CC process in this? Is it even really a HERO system game?
    Supposedly, advantages and disadvantages are in the game, but I didn't see it. Maybe because they're saving that for the release version, maybe it comes after release, maybe it's a load of bull, I don't know. The character creator is pretty robust, but 95% percent of that robustness is in the appearance generator. The rest of it's pretty bare bones - you pick two powers, go with the default attributes or pick one of 8 possible combos and away you go. I really hope that granularity comes in, though. I like my heroes to have a few chinks in their armor as well.

So that Viking kind of reminds me of a mix between Fable II and Mark of the Kri. I only played about an hour of it, but it's kind of cool.

I'm actually surprised the demo played better on your first PC. Believe me, I've tested this game on practically every mobile graphics card AND desktop GPU imaginable. The best it's ever played on was two nvidia 280s in Sli. I'm running it on a Single 1,792 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 and I can't even run it on Ultra. I don't even get 60 fps on High.
    Hm. I also found this online:

Asus showcased its limited edition gaming laptop “G1S Crysis Special Edition” during World Game Master Tournament 2007 event in Korea. Powered by a 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor, the powerful 15.4-inch WSXGA (1680×1050) notebook PC features a 2GB of DDR2 main memory, a 160GB of 5,400rpm SATA HDD, a DVD burner, and a 256MB nVidia GeForce 8600M GT Core graphics engine that supports the latest DirectX 10 technology. Moreover, along with the cool Crysis artwork at its cover, the laptop also sports the ability to display new email arriving, schedule, MSN message notification and battery remaining time through a direct messenger window, even while playing the game.
    Why would Asus release a special edition Crysis gaming laptop that was inadequate to play the game? And my Sony Vaio is more superior in every way than the one mentioned above.

Here's what i found however that explains my lamentable framerates. The guy here did exactly as I did using the "optimal settings" button. Some bits from a forum:

Hello,

My brother just bout a new Asus G71 notebook today, but he cannot play on Crysis on the optimal settings at all. The game presets them to High, but he can only play the game on low settings on a very low resolution.

I updated the Nvidia driver and Vista drivers, then the game ran fine on high settings . . . for about 30 seconds. Next I updated the game to 1.21 and it is still unplayable at medium and crashes on high settings.

Here are his specs:

Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53ghz
    6GB Ram
    GTX 260m 1GB gpu
    500GB hard drive
    Windows Vista 64

Hypothetically he should be getting better than 2 to 8 FPS on high settings, and at least playable frame rates on medium.

JTP709 06-29-2009 at 05:48:25 PM Show message
    - 0 +
    well, i got it to work, and boy do I feel stupid . . .

The default power setting was "power saver" . . . I'm not used to trying to game on a laptop lol. Once its set to high performance everything runs great

Reply to JTP709
    TheGreatGrapeApe 06-30-2009 at 01:30:26 AM Show message
    - 0 +
    I was going to ask if it was plugged in or running off battery, but then thought better of it. Surprisingly this is a common thing where default when plugged in is 'balanced' and not 'performance'.

Glad you caught it though.
    I changed my laptop settings needless to say, but have yet to test the game. Soon.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]