Page 1222 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 222722112211721212122012211222122312241232 ... LastLast
Results 30,526 to 30,550 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Whoa. CD Projekt Red offering refunds to PS4/XB1 owners.
    Yeah. Freaking brutal.

Practically fraud, what they pulled.

Between this and the "we will never employ crunch time...oh wait we are doing crunch time, but the staff volunteered...actually they were told to and not given a choice", I really hope gamers remember l this when the next CDPR game comes around.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I don't know if I would go so far as to call it fraud. Cyberpunk 2077 is yet another in a long line of games falling victim to its own hype. As was always my plan, I intend on purchasing it along with my PS5 whenever that day comes, and I'm sure it'll be a good game.

Also, not defending crunch or anything, but CDPR has a lot of goodwill left over from The Witcher 3 launch cycle, so I would expect the main fallout from this launch to be tempered expectations for their next game, which would be healthier for everyone. Furthermore, the fact that they're offering refunds to dissatisfied fans is a good thing, not a bad thing (even if it might be considered by some an admission of guilt).
    Last edited by Idioteque Stalker; 12-14-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm not sure how anyone who hasn't played it can have an opinion. It's everything they advertised from the beginning, aside from massive differences between all platforms. Sure it's buggy. Sure the AI stinks. Sure it's ambitious.

Though, I haven't watched a single bit of PR since that first trailer when Reeves was introduced.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Anyone remember if the No Man's Sky devs offered refunds when that game launched? I also remember the first Watch Dogs had people up in arms.

The only time I've ever been upset by a launch was the Sim City reboot around ten years ago because it was literally unplayable due to the ludicrous "online functionality." That's when Paradox swooped in with Cities: Skylines, which became a hit due in no small part to the fact it actually worked.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm not sure how anyone who hasn't played it can have an opinion. It's everything they advertised from the beginning, aside from massive differences between all platforms. Sure it's buggy. Sure the AI stinks. Sure it's ambitious.

Though, I haven't watched a single bit of PR since that first trailer when Reeves was introduced.
    You have opinions on stuff all the time when you haven't watched / read / played them yet.

I'm sure some of the critical bugs will get fixed by the time I play it. My friend has been enjoying it on PS4 a good amount. Still looking forward to playing it soon. If anything, knowing that it can't compare to Red Dead (which is probably a top tier of all time game) is a good thing.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    You have opinions on stuff all the time when you haven't watched / read / played them yet.
    All you're doing is reading headlines and saying how diabolical it is. It's like you're trying to find drama with this launch when it isn't anywhere near No Man's SKy type of hype/failure.

You did the same thing with the Borat Giuliani video when you hadn't even watched it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Anyone remember if the No Man's Sky devs offered refunds when that game launched? I also remember the first Watch Dogs had people up in arms.

The only time I've ever been upset by a launch was the Sim City reboot around ten years ago because it was literally unplayable due to the ludicrous "online functionality." That's when Paradox swooped in with Cities: Skylines, which became a hit due in no small part to the fact it actually worked.
    The Watch Dogs one was worse too because even on PC you couldn't up the graphics. But just like the Cyberpunk launch, people were most upset at the PS3 version of the game. It's like, no shit it will look better on PS4. It's also a bit annoying because the PS5/Xbox version isn't even out yet.

People should be happy that it's not exclusive to one console generation. You don't need to buy a PS5 to play it, but don't expect it to look or play the same.

All you're doing is reading headlines and saying how diabolical it is. It's like you're trying to find drama with this launch when it isn't anywhere near No Man's SKy type of hype/failure.

You did the same thing with the Borat Giuliani video when you hadn't even watched it.
    And then I watched it and felt the exact same way.

What's your point?

Edit: not to mention that you called me (and others) out on not having seen Borat, yet you hadn't either and were defending Giuliani.

- - - - -
    I don't know if I would go so far as to call it fraud
    CDPR's CEO straight up lied about the state of the game on consoles before launch. Then they didn't issue review copies for XBox or PS4 and prohibited PC critics from using original game footage in their reviews. They def sought to downplay the game's issues.

That this game has a ~90% rating on Metacritic is some sorta joke, right? Aside from the quality of the story or gameplay, any game with such a high amount of graphical glitches and outstanding bugs should be an automatic 4/10. (I'm shocked that a fanboy outlet like IGN actually did this, while others such as Polygon didn't.)

Open Critic tagged their review page with a disclaimer then posted this: They Knew It Was Wrong. CD Projekt Red Deceived Consumers Anyway.

Furthermore, the fact that they're offering refunds to dissatisfied fans is a good thing, not a bad thing (even if it might be considered by some an admission of guilt).
    I dunno. You gotta fuck up pretty badly for a company like Sony --- Sony! --- to issue refunds less than a week after launch.

It's everything they advertised from the beginning,
    I haven't watched a single bit of PR since that first trailer
    ???

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    And then I watched it and felt the exact same way.

What's your point?

Edit: not to mention that you called me (and others) out on not having seen Borat, yet you hadn't either and were defending Giuliani.
    Ummm yes I did. I launched Amazon Prime and fastfowarded to the scene when it was available. It's what I told you to do before crying wolf.

I had also previewed leaked scenes from blog sites.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    ???
    I meant that as I haven't been feverishly following updates over the development period outside of the E3 trailers. The slow mo one and the Reeves one.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Aside from the quality of the story or gameplay, any game with such a high amount of graphical glitches and outstanding bugs should be an automatic 4/10. (I'm shocked that a fanboy outlet like IGN actually did this, while others such as Polygon didn't.)
    IGN did this at Prey's launch as well. Later, presumably once most of the bugs were fixed, they changed it to an 8/10. If Cyberpunk 2077 is salvageable on last gen, CDPR will salvage it eventually. They should've swapped over to exclusively next gen sometime during development, but they're a company that wants to make money like every other company and therefore 100 mil PS4s in the wild couldn't be ignored.

OpenCritic placed this on their website, but it has since been removed.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I'm starting to read some of the articles and can understand a bit better why people are frustrated with this game's release.

Here's more on that straight from the developer.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-cont...nscript_en.pdf

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ming_next_year

SNK releasing a new console (presumably a new Neo Geo console) is music to my ears. And this is not the Neo Geo mini but the real deal.

Not sure how they would release software for it. Assuming SNK's entire arcade backlog will be released for it, will that be pre-installed? Will the releases be dripfed to the gamer?

Will they release a super duper askicking next gen 3D metal Slug for it?

Still, fond memories of the games and the console, not that I ever owned one.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Inbetween ps4 gaming I thought I'd fire up the 3DS again after long period of inactivity. Been playing Metroid: Samus Returns. This is a really slick entry in the franchise. And I have to admire once more how Nintendo made 3d gaming a thing on such a small screen. Looks great.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

See, I'm torn on it. Yes it's buggy as hell. Yes I run into a dozen or so every time I play the game. Yes it could be more QAed like the GTA series.

But it's been out a week and I can't stop playing it. I've sunk 30 hours into it already and I'm nowhere scratching the surface of missions. So, a game that has attached to me like this- does it deserve high grades? Maybe with an asterisk? What is a grade of 9 saying? That it's perfect? Or that it's fun as hell to play?

- - - - -
    See, I'm torn on it. Yes it's buggy as hell. Yes I run into a dozen or so every time I play the game. Yes it could be more QAed like the GTA series.
    This whole debacle made realize 3 things:

- I view games as software, and want them to be reviewed as software, but too often these wanna be "journalists" talk about them as if they are movies or books. (eg: Petit's review of Cyberpunk at Polygon).

- Much as I've bitched about Rockstar in the past, I gotta say I've never had mechanical issues with their products. Shit just works.

- I want to take another look at Skyrim and GTA V now. (Downloading Skyrim on Xbox as we speak, lol)

I saw this earlier in the week and just sorta rolled my eyes. Not only does this guy have an enormously inflated sense of his own importance, but his basic premise is ludicrous. He also fails to cop to sleazy industry SOP at a basic level (how do you write an article like this and fail to mention payola and junkets?).

He also fails to cop to Kotaku's role in the hype machine. They published ~500 articles about Cyberpunk before it launched. And then 1 review. But of course it's the unwashed mass of gamegot loons and "illogical" superfans who have been "brainwashed" that are the problem. Sure, buddy.

Never played Skyrim. Always wanted to.

- - - - -
    Decided to pop into Control while I wait for Skyrim to finish downloading.

Can't figure out why this game got middlin' scores? It's pretty fucking cool. Great art direction (literally I stopped, stared, and zoomed in on some of the opening assets); weird, evocative enemies; controls are intuitive, easy to use, and combat feels fluid. The first ~30 minutes have impressed me, especially 1 early detail that was SUPER FUCKING FREAKY in a phildickian way I'm not totally sure I want to deal with.

Hurry up, Skyrim. I wanna run through the goddamn forest hunting goblins and shit. Not deal with shifting realities and a gun that whispers to me when I put it to my head.

I'm a huge pussy when it comes to horror games so no way I'm playing this in the middle of the night and I probably won't go 100% on it, but so far :thumbs up:

CD Projekt Red supposedly lost a billion bucks according to Bloomberg due to the issues surrounding the release of the game.

Such a fuckup. What should have been a glorious moment in the spotlights has been thoroughly overshadowed by all this crap.

Their own fault I suppose, but I feel a bit sorry for them too. Perhaps they should have kept quiet instead of settling on all these release dates. Which were then not met.

Although, like Duke said, I guess it doesn't mean the game is downright bad I suppose.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    CD Projekt Red supposedly lost a billion bucks according to Bloomberg due to the issues surrounding the release of the game.

Such a fuckup. What should have been a glorious moment in the spotlights has been thoroughly overshadowed by all this crap.

Their own fault I suppose, but I feel a bit sorry for them too. Perhaps they should have kept quiet instead of settling on all these release dates. Which were then not met.

Although, like Duke said, I guess it doesn't mean the game is downright bad I suppose.
    How do they arrive at THAT number? And if true, it's just more reinforcement to QA, QA, QA until you're blue in the face, rather than to hit a projected release window.