Page 1103 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 10360310031053109311011102110311041105111311531203 ... LastLast
Results 27,551 to 27,575 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I wonder how many people Laura will kill in this game.
    I vaguely remember there being a Match Cut argument about this...remind me what it was?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I vaguely remember there being a Match Cut argument about this...remind me what it was?
    Uncharted sucks because Nathan Drake kills lots of people and Laura Croft is awesome because she kills lots of people.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ah yes. Well I haven't played the most recent Tomb Raiders, but I'm replaying Uncharted and I do kill a hell of a lot of people. Too many, in fact. Not that I have a moral/gaming issue with it other than how are there this many henchman wandering around jungles?

Just met Seth in Red Dead. What a scumbag. Then I had to save cattle from stampeding over a cliff. That was neat.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The tone of the violence in the Uncharted games vs the Tomb Raider (reboot) games is wildly different.

Nathan Drake makes cute quips and kills people in fun shooter scenarios. Lara Croft is being actively hunted and her first kill (and subsequent ones) was in a life-or-death survival scenario.

And D_Davis has left, you don’t need to continue bating and trolling him.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The tone of the violence in the Uncharted games vs the Tomb Raider (reboot) games is wildly different.

Nathan Drake makes cute quips and kills people in fun shooter scenarios. Lara Croft is being actively hunted and her first kill (and subsequent ones) was in a life-or-death survival scenario.

And D_Davis has left, you don’t need to continue bating and trolling him.
    Oh so it's NOT the killing, that makes one game suck and the other incredible.

And no one here mentioned DD but you.

Meg BTW, did you ever get into Destiny 2?

No.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Meg BTW, did you ever get into Destiny 2?
    That would be me.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    That would be me.
    Forgive me Mr Scar, but I don't remember if you were along for the ride in the first Destiny. I know Meg, Bacon, Sven and I played shit ton of it. Wondering what appealed to you in this game? Reason I'm asking is, as I already mentioned, I played the first game into the ground, and I don't think I have even watched a trailer of Desinty 2 (never found it the least bit appealing).

Thoughts?

Also, side question for everyone here: What is your top 10, 2(+)-player couch video game?

In other words, what are your favorite games to play in the same room 2 or more people?

Forgive me Mr Scar, but I don't remember if you were along for the ride in the first Destiny. I know Meg, Bacon, Sven and I played shit ton of it. Wondering what appealed to you in this game? Reason I'm asking is, as I already mentioned, I played the first game into the ground, and I don't think I have even watched a trailer of Desinty 2 (never found it the least bit appealing).

Thoughts?

Also, side question for everyone here: What is your top 10, 2(+)-player couch video game?

In other words, what are your favorite games to play in the same room 2 or more people?
    Oh, I played the shit out of the first one. Beat two of the raids, etc. I was in it for the looting, (and shooting). I'd sit on a hill on Mars with the Sniper Rifle that regenerated ammo for hours.

Destiny 2 is an overall better game. Haven't gotten around to the raids and am taking a break from it. I've beaten it with all three classes, and acquired a lot of loot. And that there in is the problem I've run into. I've had the same artifacts (yellow items) spawn multiple times in a row. I spent 97 legendary credits on Xur with the promise that I would get a new yellow item I had not yet received, and the past two times they were repeats, and I'm fairly certain I have not unlocked all the yellow items.

Overall, Destiny 2 is fun. A lot more to do, you know when and where Public Events will spawn, and there's a shit ton of loot and characters.

The first DLC was bleagh, and dare I say it shit the bed.

Overall worth the purchase, but I wouldn't buy the deluxe edition until it drops in price. (I pre ordered it, and the first DLC was not good).
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Last game I played was South Park: Fractured, But Whole. It was fun, combat wasn't overly challenging except for maybe one or two boss battles. I'd say the Stick of Truth was a better, crazier overall game, but the second one has its merits.

10 games that are in particular fun to play with a room of folks ( in no particular order )

1. Mario Kart 64
    2. WWE No Merci
    3. Rock Band 3
    4. Call of Duty (the one with the snowmobile race)
    5. Burnout Revenge (better with beer and Ride of the Valkyries blasting out of the speakers)
    6. Super Mario Party
    7. Mortal Kombat

uh... that's all i can think of off the top of my head.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Tekken. Winner stays in.

Destiny 2 is great. Haven't gotten to the level needed to do the Raids, but almost there.

Really dig the look of the planets, the sound effects, and the design of the levels. The first raid in Destiny might be one of the most creative things I've ever seen in a shooter. Combination of shoot-em-up, coordination in jumping, and stealth. Dare I say one of the first true "teamwork" games online.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Destiny 2 is great. Haven't gotten to the level needed to do the Raids, but almost there.

Really dig the look of the planets, the sound effects, and the design of the levels. The first raid in Destiny might be one of the most creative things I've ever seen in a shooter. Combination of shoot-em-up, coordination in jumping, and stealth. Dare I say one of the first true "teamwork" games online.
    Eric did you play the first game? Teamwork was a big part of the RAIDs. THe only problem was the game wasn't designed to actually allow teamwork- It required a 3rd party site to recruit members for your raid.

Eric did you play the first game? Teamwork was a big part of the RAIDs. THe only problem was the game wasn't designed to actually allow teamwork- It required a 3rd party site to recruit members for your raid.
    Yeah, that's what I meant from first raid. I forget the website, but it allowed you to post if you were looking for a party for the raid. Worked well. Was a lot of fun.

Did the same for the second raid, but I didn't purchase the DLCs.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, that's what I meant from first raid. I forget the website, but it allowed you to post if you were looking for a party for the raid. Worked well. Was a lot of fun.

Did the same for the second raid, but I didn't purchase the DLCs.
    Wait, so bungie didn't fix that issue from the first game?

Wait, so bungie didn't fix that issue from the first game?
    I'm still waiting to level up for the raids in Destiny 2.

Destiny 1 raid. Fantastic level creation. Beat it. Didn't mind having to set up parties through the website.

Whew.... who plays FortNite???

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    10 games that are in particular fun to play with a room of folks ( in no particular order )

1. Mario Kart 64
    2. WWE No Merci
    3. Rock Band 3
    4. Call of Duty (the one with the snowmobile race)
    5. Burnout Revenge (better with beer and Ride of the Valkyries blasting out of the speakers)
    6. Super Mario Party
    7. Mortal Kombat

uh... that's all i can think of off the top of my head.
    I'd sign off on most of those, but with the caveat that I've cheat-coded insta-fatalities on Mortal Kombat. It's 50% why we're playing the damn thing.

I'd add, most fun multiplayer experience I've had was original Halo multiplayer Prisoner map with Rockets. The people who were great at the game hated it so much because it all just turned into fucking mayhem where the newbs could finally have fun, too.

Whew.... who plays FortNite???
    Kids, I think.

Yeh Fortnite is huge in college right now which is why it's getting so much attention. F2P.

IT's essentially the game as PlayerUnknown's Battleground, only free.

Yeh Fortnite is huge in college right now which is why it's getting so much attention. F2P.

IT's essentially the game as PlayerUnknown's Battleground, only free.
    I haven't actually played either but I like watching streams on twitch (and I play a phone version called Rules of Survival) so take my opinion with a grain, but I don't like Fortnite. It has this building aspect that is so damn dumb. PubG is just a raw FPS multiplayer. Same with RoS, but its hard to play with just touch screen.

Red Dead update: just attached the fort with the machine gun.

Oh shit.