Page 1163 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 16366310631113115311611162116311641165117312131263 ... LastLast
Results 29,051 to 29,075 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Damn dude that's a helluva nice offer. I'd love to do that but unfortunately I'm on XBox (and Switch). They still don't do crossplay, do they?

This reminds me: As much as I've enjoyed these consoles over the last 6 mos or a year ... I am in my heart of hearts a PC / desktop guy. I should looking into that (again) ...
    I know there isn't crossplay on Division 2, so I'm willing to bet there isn't support for the first game.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Damn dude that's a helluva nice offer. I'd love to do that but unfortunately I'm on XBox (and Switch). They still don't do crossplay, do they?

This reminds me: As much as I've enjoyed these consoles over the last 6 mos or a year ... I am in my heart of hearts a PC / desktop guy. I should looking into that (again) ...

Ha, okay then. Buying it.

(Also I want RDR2 but waiting until it drops below $30)
    I misread your post, thought RDR2 was 20. RE2 is definitely worth the 20. It’s a blast.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I have the board game, but nobody to play it with
    I played it solo. Very cool implementation.

- - - - -
    I am here to report that the tutorial stages of Sekiro are fucking amaaaaaaaaazing. Super fluid controls & the combat is way more fun than I expected.

I watched a few Lets Plays earlier in the year but they didn't do it justice. You swing around and stealth and backstab dudes or whatever like Batman with a freakin katana. It just feels great.

ETA: This is my first real attempt at a souls-like game. (I'm not counting Hollow Knight.)
    Last edited by Irish; 12-04-2019 at 02:27 AM.

I am here to report that the tutorial stages of Sekiro are fucking amaaaaaaaaazing. Super fluid controls & the combat is way more fun than I expected.

I watched a few Lets Plays earlier in the year but they didn't do it justice. You swing around and stealth and backstab dudes or whatever like Batman with a freakin katana. It just feels great.

ETA: This is my first real attempt at a souls-like game. (I'm not counting Hollow Knight.)
    Good luck with some of the later bosses.

I have beaten every Souls game multiple times. I gave up on Sekiro a little over halfway through.

Turns out I had downloaded X-Com 2 when it was free one month. I'm going to break that out.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Ha! Microsoft announced today that The Division is coming to GamePass on December 12.

This probably means there will be a fresh batch of people playing for the first time & maybe endgame will be doable.

Pretty good time to play I'd say.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hotline Miami is such a cool game. It almost made made my list as well.

Games from your list that I love:
    Last of Us
    Mass Effect 2
    Inside
    Hotline Miami
    Shadow of Mordor
    XCOM

I like:
    The Division
    Uncharted 4
    Cities: Skylines

I'm curious about:
    Resident Evil 2

Headscratcher:
    Trine 2

While Hollow Knight may indeed be a souls-like, to me there's nothing like the real thing: From Software. Like most of their games, Sekiro is on another level. I'm curious if you'll find it more or less frustrating than people like myself who are well-versed in souls. At first I adapted pretty well, but I didn't expect just how brutally some of the bosses would lean into the game's non-typical-souls mechanics. When I beat Genichiro, though, it wasn't a fuck fuck oh fuck oh fuck type situation, but actually quite calm. Really cool game. It's just so damn hard.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    While Hollow Knight may indeed be a souls-like, to me there's nothing like the real thing: From Software. Like most of their games, Sekiro is on another level. I'm curious if you'll find it more or less frustrating than people like myself who are well-versed in souls. At first I adapted pretty well, but I didn't expect just how brutally some of the bosses would lean into the game's non-typical-souls mechanics. When I beat Genichiro, though, it wasn't a fuck fuck oh fuck oh fuck type situation, but actually quite calm. Really cool game. It's just so damn hard.
    I'm dying a lot but I'm not frustrated yet. I'm still getting used to the button layout and the basic mechanics.

The first real mini-boss gave me trouble but then, for some reason, I entered the zone and just Beat The Living Shit out of him in one go. It was extremely satisfying.

Headscratcher:
    Trine 2
    Away with you!
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Sekiro
    Death Stranding
    Baba is You
    Apex Legends
    RE2
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Away with you!
    Nothing against the game, really. I played and enjoyed it well enough. But it doesn't scream game of the decade to me, and it sticks out on Duke's list.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Baba is You
    Nice. I think it would break my brain.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    I would be amazed to find a brain it didn't break. It has broken my brain repeatedly! If you like puzzle games it's a must-play
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Nothing against the game, really. I played and enjoyed it well enough. But it doesn't scream game of the decade to me, and it sticks out on Duke's list.
    Yeh that's one I had a lot of fun with- especially the co-op but it's on the fence with Doom.

Preliminary list. More stuff will come to me.

- - - - -
    2 things I want that will never exist:

- A From Software "Star Wars" game

- 5 minute animated shorts on Adult Swim where different animators with different styles just riff on "The Mandolorian"

2 things I want that will never exist:

- A From Software "Star Wars" game

- 5 minute animated shorts on Adult Swim where different animators with different styles just riff on "The Mandolorian"

Jedi: Fallen Order is pretty much that!

Need help....a buddy was told he was getting xbox1 as gift. So he bought a few games. Then the xbox came....and it's a disc-less, drive-less version. Any way he can get digital versions for what he already bought?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Jedi: Fallen Order is pretty much that!
    Are you playing?

I've been watching this let's play and it def looks like something for me to pick up down the road ...

Are you playing?

I've been watching this let's play and it def looks like something for me to pick up down the road ...

I am, yes.

It’s Dark Souls-lite, with Tomb Raider exploration.

Combat is a carbon copy of From games, or more specifically Sekiro. The only weapon you ever use is your lightsaber, and parrying / blocking is based on strict timing. When you die, you respawn at your last visited “meditation circle”, and have lost all points collected so far to upgrade your skill tree. You can get them back by hitting (not killing, just one successful hit) the enemy who killed you.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake has been announced.

https://www.gamersyde.com/news_capco...-21334_en.html
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I've been at a two day tech summit, so i havent had a chance to respond to that news.

Yay!

Really getting into Fallen Order now. Some cool set pieces and stuff.

But this game should not have been released in this state. So much of it is buggy and completely broken at times.

It screams “rush to get it out before Christmas!!”