Page 1094 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 945949941044108410921093109410951096110411441194 ... LastLast
Results 27,326 to 27,350 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Well I paid 3$ each, so my expectations aren't too high.

I agree with David re: Rage. Lots of fun, great gunplay, and the megatexture stuff really shines in certain places. It still feels half-formed, or incomplete, and the tech was maybe overly ambitious for the time (poor texture resolution was often a problem, though I know there was an upgrade pack for PC users that was like a gajillion gigabytes that probably made it look out of this world).

I'm actually playing through Doom 3 again right now so I can safely say I like Rage more. That's how much I like Rage, warts and all.

(Admittedly, I don't think Doom 3 is one of id's better games. Parts of it are fantastic, but the levels I'm on right now are really dragging. Literal monster closets, too, which... well, it's definitely a game that came out in 2004. I still like it, though.)
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The first 90 minutes of Doom 3 is some of the best horror design in any video game. But I agree, it gets repetitive after a while, almost like they gave up midway through the game. I just recently replaced Doom 3 too. It still holds up. But I also played the BFG edition, where you can have your flashlight on and also hold a weapon. In the original game, you couldn't do that. It was either flashlight or gun, which made it extra scary.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think I've played the first 90 minutes of Doom 3 about 5 times. Then I get to a place where I have to backtrack and I get lost and annoyed and I quit. Then I pick it up a few years later, start over, repeat.

I enjoyed Rage, while also agreeing with all the criticisms on display here.

2016 Doom is where it’s at.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Wolfenstein 2 is pretty awesome so far. And surprisingly challenging.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The first 90 minutes of Doom 3 is some of the best horror design in any video game. But I agree, it gets repetitive after a while, almost like they gave up midway through the game.
    Yeah, the initial invasion and the whole base going to hell (heh) is really well done. The first couple hours are fantastic. I'm up to the Delta Labs now and this part of the game is pretty cool, too. The first time you travel through the portal is genuinely creepy. It's a shame it takes so long to get there, though, as there's so much repetitive, meandering nonsense in between (who thought that platforming level with the bottomless pits was a good idea? lol).

I really want to play the new Doom now.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Yeah, the initial invasion and the whole base going to hell (heh) is really well done. The first couple hours are fantastic. I'm up to the Delta Labs now and this part of the game is pretty cool, too. The first time you travel through the portal is genuinely creepy. It's a shame it takes so long to get there, though, as there's so much repetitive, meandering nonsense in between (who thought that platforming level with the bottomless pits was a good idea? lol).

I really want to play the new Doom now.
    Also any time you need to go out on the Mars surface, from building to building, is scary as fuck with no sound and just your breathing.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I love the first few hours of Doom 3. Totally tense.

Doom 2016, however, had the greatest opening moments in all of video games. And the game stays good throughout.

Yeah did the Doom 3 thing as well back in 2003 complete with PC upgrade which also came in handy for half-Life 2 and Far Cry.

I remember a pretty scary experience with Doom 3. More measured, more atmospheric than new Doom whereas the latter is more balls to the walls action but still a little scary.

I hope it's not too long before we get a new Doom game.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Re-bought Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on PS4, and it remains one of my favorite games from last gen.

It has one of the most consistently epic, exciting campaigns in recent memory. Jaw dropping moments one after another, great visuals and sound, controls feel great.

Love this game.

Wish I could play online so I could platinum it.

Turned on my PS4 today to this. Apparently Sony and Activision have enlisted U2’s help to up sales.

upload pic

What am I looking at?

They’ve made it look like Destiny 2 is in my game library. But it says “buy now”.

I don’t have Destiny 2.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    They’ve made it look like Destiny 2 is in my game library. But it says “buy now”.

I don’t have Destiny 2.
    That is weird. Good thing is it isn't automatic billed

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ok it’s seriously some kind of witchcraft or something that Machine Games was able to create such an emotionally resonant couple of games out of a dude named BJ who blasts away Nazis.

Ew. Having Destiny on my homepage against my will sounds really annoying.

Luckily all I'm playing right now is Zelda. It's so good.

Surprised by how challenging Wolfenstein 2 is.

I have it on medium difficulty and it’s HARD.

Since it was a balmy -15F today, I cracked out on FFVII, and beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon.

Ended up spamming Ruby with a W-Summon of Hades to paralyze, and Knights of the Round to do what it does. Followed by Mime, Mime, Mime, Mime, etc.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Holy shit really?

Holy shit really?
    Yep. Another trick, enter the battle with two party members dead, so Ruby immediately deploys his tentacles. Life 2 all, then go to town.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Wait. Help me understand. You did this coming into the game cold? after not having played it in x years? Or have you been working on it for a while? Or have you beaten him so many times it's just muscle memory? Also is this on the original PSX?

Wait. Help me understand. You did this coming into the game cold? after not having played it in x years? Or have you been working on it for a while? Or have you beaten him so many times it's just muscle memory? Also is this on the original PSX?
    Hadn’t played in probably ten years? I remembered how to beat Emerald, (Final Attack, Phoenix, careful with counter attacks, destroy the eyes quick, etc), but Ruby was a challenge. Thought I’d just spam him with KoTR, but he’s invincible until he deploys his tentacles, and he’ll only do that when one person is left alive. So instead of waiting for him to whirlpool two party members away, i knocked out Cid and Yuffie before the battle to see what happens. Yep, he deployed tentacles immediately. Two members had Mime Materia, one with Master Command Materia. I tried Hades followed by KoTR to see if Hades would do anything, and found out it paralyzed Ruby. So, combo Hades and KoTR, and mime away.

Oh, and it took me quite awhile to beat Emerald, had to fine tune the party.

Twenty years ago I remember beating Ruby by shear force of will.

And this time around it was on the PS4. Downloaded it off PSN for ten bucks.

This time around, I’m loaded with counter style Materia. Made normal battles very quick. Decided to smack at Sephiroth for a bit so I could see him cast SuperNova. Ended up knocking out Yuffie, canceling her Ultimate Limit break. Said fuck you, and hit him with Hades and KoTR so he’d be paralyzed while the Knights killed him. :lol:

Oh, and when I beat Ruby, I'd forgotten to put the HP Plus Materia back on Yuffie and Cid, (took them off so I could knock them out quicker before the battle). So when I entered the battle, they only had ~4k HP a piece. Didn't matter once that Hades / KoTR train started.