Page 1199 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1996991099114911891197119811991200120112091249 ... LastLast
Results 29,951 to 29,975 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Cuphead is available for PS4!

One level in.... and this is tough! But I love the animation to it and it isn't annoyingly hard.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Cuphead is available for PS4!

One level in.... and this is tough! But I love the animation to it and it isn't annoyingly hard.
    I bought it. It's a very fun semi-rage game.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I bought it. It's a very fun semi-rage game.
    Semi-Rage is a great adjective for this.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I contemplated picking it up. Maybe that’s why I reinstalled DSIII
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Just finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. What an incredible experience. The sound design, motion capture, and art direction are among the best I've ever seen in a game. Hearing Senua's inner monologues bounce around the mix while expressing anxiety, doubt, overconfidence, self-hatred, etc. regarding what you're doing in the game is very powerful and unique. The gameplay is fine/good for what it is. I was ready for it to end a few times, but honestly I think it's because the experience was just that harrowing, not that 7-8 hours is too long. I can't think of a segment of the game that wasn't awesome. It's not something you should play lightly, but you should definitely play it.

Hellblade is an easy platinum, by the way. You get all but one of the trophies by beating the game, and I'm pretty sure the final trophy isn't hard if you know what to look for going in--though I didn't get it myself.

I played it because Ghost of Tsushima is... kinda boring? I haven't given up on it yet, and I won't until I reach the second section (at the earliest), but I needed a break. Irish was right.

Ghost of Tsushima is definitely kind of boring. It wants to be a Samurai Red Dead, but the storyline is very cliche and repetitive. It's unfortunate because I like building up the look of your samurai and improving skills, but the storylines are so ordinary.

I'd much rather follow the foxes around.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Just finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. What an incredible experience. The sound design, motion capture, and art direction are among the best I've ever seen in a game. Hearing Senua's inner monologues bounce around the mix while expressing anxiety, doubt, overconfidence, self-hatred, etc. regarding what you're doing in the game is very powerful and unique. The gameplay is fine/good for what it is. I was ready for it to end a few times, but honestly I think it's because the experience was just that harrowing, not that 7-8 hours is too long. I can't think of a segment of the game that wasn't awesome. It's not something you should play lightly, but you should definitely play it.
    That's been on my radar for a loooong time. I really should just pull the trigger on it and buy it.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Ghost of Tsushima is definitely kind of boring. It wants to be a Samurai Red Dead, but the storyline is very cliche and repetitive. It's unfortunate because I like building up the look of your samurai and improving skills, but the storylines are so ordinary.

Really? I watched someone play it for quite a while (I know, not the same thing), and I thought many of the side quests seemed fairly interesting, tho much too short. Like the haunted forest was super cool but should have been fleshed out longer. Most of them seemed too brief to have enough impact.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Charles Martinet says it's "so long kinga Bowser" that Mario says after throwing Bowser in Mario 64. I guess this is old news. But I never really played Mario 64 or heard that bit of dialogue--and yeah, I'm not buying it.

Wondering around following foxes and occasionally chopping bad-guys to bits? Sounds like my kind of game.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Wondering around following foxes and occasionally chopping bad-guys to bits? Sounds like my kind of game.
    The sound design is pretty sweet. It's just that RDR set the bar so high.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Suicide Squad will be so much better than The Avengers.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Suicide Squad will be so much better than The Avengers.
    Fact
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Great news. Me, I'm still making Washington DC safe in the Division 2, but nearing the end. Though I gotta say, I have my fill now of games with a huge world map. Will be seeking something a bit more self-propelled. Probably gonna be a toss-up between Resident Evil VII, Doom Eternal or Star Wars Fallen Order.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HO.....LY.....SHIIIIIIIT

Speculation as to the gameplay type? Guess: Arkham Asylum with a squad of players or in solo mode you switch between your crew with the d-pad.

The sound design is pretty sweet. It's just that RDR set the bar so high.
    There's never going to be another RDR2 and we all just have to start getting used to that.

.....except, I'm not getting used to that. I heard about Samsung's "Unspoil me" hypnosis video (https://www.samsung.com/se/unspoilme/eng/) and I'm going to try it.

It's not going to work. But I'm going to try it nonetheless. That's just how deranged RDR2 has made me.

So Suicide Squad trying to take out Superman?

Colour me excited. And surprised.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    There's never going to be another RDR2 and we all just have to start getting used to that.

.....except, I'm not getting used to that. I heard about Samsung's "Unspoil me" hypnosis video (https://www.samsung.com/se/unspoilme/eng/) and I'm going to try it.

It's not going to work. But I'm going to try it nonetheless. That's just how deranged RDR2 has made me.
    I have hopes for Cyberpunk to be something else.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So Suicide Squad trying to take out Superman?

Colour me excited. And surprised.
    Yeah, if Superman is the villain, that would be something.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, if Superman is the villain, that would be something.
    Well, I'm guessing he will be the villain towards the Suicide Squad, who are a group of bad guys.

I would be pretty shocked if they took a "Superman is a bad guy" approach, unless it's some stupid brainwashing / possession story.

Just spanked back to back invaders in ds3. Selling it for 15 bucks brings in the souls n00bs.

My buddy and I co-op from time to time. Once we got to the Undead Settlement we were invaded almost constantly. Some were noobs, but many were not. I suppose that's a pvp hot spot.

My buddy and I co-op from time to time. Once we got to the Undead Settlement we were invaded almost constantly. Some were noobs, but many were not. I suppose that's a pvp hot spot.
    Then I might need to pop an ember and head back there to say ‘hi’.
    Last edited by Scar; 08-08-2020 at 01:04 AM.