Page 924 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 4248248749149229239249259269349741024 ... LastLast
Results 23,076 to 23,100 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Well shit. To my horror I noticed in my 360 Achievements that I had not yet beaten the last two levels of "Halo 3" on Legendary!

Done now. Jeez, and I call myself a Halo fan!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Well shit. To my horror I noticed in my 360 Achievements that I had not yet beaten the last two levels of "Halo 3" on Legendary!

Done now. Jeez, and I call myself a Halo fan!
    Do you own an Xbox One already? If not, are you planning on getting one for the Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

I do not own an XBox One yet, no, but I have the Master Chief Collection pre-ordered...so I'm sure I'll get one soon

I mean, there's no way I can go without playing "Halo 5".

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ouch, Microsoft lays off ~18,000 and closes Xbox Entertainment Studios.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/17/m...=rss_truncated
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I bought my girlfriend an N64 for her birthday and have been jumping out of my skin for the past week waiting to play it myself, but I have to wait until Monday. It's the only gaming system I ever owned, and the prospect of playing some of those games again is actually making me twitch with nostalgia.

PS, I swear this is something she actually wanted and I didn't just buy it for myself.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

That's a funny idea but there's at least one major spoiler I noticed after checking it out briefly (Wind Waker conclusion, in the second video).

"Halo 3: ODST" has one of the best video game scores of all time. As a whole better than any of the other games in the series.

Up there with the music from "Unreal" and "Metroid Prime".
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Duncan (view post)
    I bought my girlfriend an N64 for her birthday and have been jumping out of my skin for the past week waiting to play it myself, but I have to wait until Monday. It's the only gaming system I ever owned, and the prospect of playing some of those games again is actually making me twitch with nostalgia.

PS, I swear this is something she actually wanted and I didn't just buy it for myself.
    haha, i'll do my best to believe you.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I just came across this screenshot of Super Mario Galaxy and was reminded of how wonderful that game is.

I still remember how impressed I was when I arrived at this area in the game, and the considerable delight of swinging on those vines amidst so much visual splendour. I haven't tried Mario 3D World yet; I think that's primarily because it strikes me as a departure from the grandeur of the Galaxy titles. Also, the control scheme is apparently decidedly more limited and that seems like an ill-advised choice. I'm certain it's still a great game, though, and I'll get it eventually.

My youtube account is getting hit hard with copyright infringement claims.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Finished my replay of everything Bioshock (Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Minerva's Den, Bioshock Infinite, Burial at Sea Episodes 1 & 2). I think I enjoyed it even more this go around. Easily one of my five favorite series of all time.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    My youtube account is getting hit hard with copyright infringement claims.
    WTF? Why?

It's surprisingly challenging to get through the original Super Mario Bros without warping. I don't think I even attempted as a kid. Using the warp pipes was like the natural way to get through till the end.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    WTF? Why?
    http://kotaku.com/youtube-channels-c...ims-1480717110

Even though I have written consent by the major developers/publishers to use their videos.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    It's surprisingly challenging to get through the original Super Mario Bros without warping. I don't think I even attempted as a kid. Using the warp pipes was like the natural way to get through till the end.
    Haha, same with Mario 3. It went world 1 ---> 2 ---> 8.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    I'm actually replaying through Mario 3 right now. It's not so much of a challenge because of the abundance of extra lives. I just finished World 2 and I've already got 20+ lives. In Mario 1 the most I ever had was like 6.
    TV Recently Finished:

I'm actually replaying through Mario 3 right now. It's not so much of a challenge because of the abundance of extra lives. I just finished World 2 and I've already got 20+ lives. In Mario 1 the most I ever had was like 6.
    You're right, not as much of a challenge. More of a time/attention commitment I never had. Perhaps if SMB3 had an in game battery a la the original Final Fantasy.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    psh, why bother with world 2? you can go straight to 8 from world 1.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

You're right, not as much of a challenge. More of a time/attention commitment I never had. Perhaps if SMB3 had an in game battery a la the original Final Fantasy.
    That's right I completely forgot about the lack of saving in SMB3. The virtual console version on the Wii U has save states so I was just used to saving when I'm done playing and coming back to these games.
    TV Recently Finished:

Does anyone here besides me have a WiiU or plan to get one in the next month? I have two codes for games that I already have that I'd rather give to somewhere here.
    TV Recently Finished:

I have two codes for the Destiny Beta on PS3 if anyone wants to check it out for a few days.

Two of these work (can't remember which one I used)

NQ82-N6NA-NHA4
    E5BM-TTN7-P896
    B48M-NCN4-MB4H

Just post here if you use one.

Does anyone here besides me have a WiiU or plan to get one in the next month? I have two codes for games that I already have that I'd rather give to somewhere here.
    I'm not currently interested in picking up any more Wii U games, as I'm still getting a lot of mileage out of Mario Kart 8 and I'll be switching over to Pikmin 3 soon. That's a kind offer, though. Out of curiosity, which games do you have codes for?

I have two codes for the Destiny Beta on PS3 if anyone wants to check it out for a few days.

Two of these work (can't remember which one I used)

NQ82-N6NA-NHA4
    E5BM-TTN7-P896
    B48M-NCN4-MB4H

Just post here if you use one.
    If these are still unclaimed tomorrow, I'll use one, as I wouldn't mind giving this a brief look. I'm definitely not laying claim to anything, though. If anyone else is interested, feel free, of course.

Quote Quoting Mitty (view post)
    I'm not currently interested in picking up any more Wii U games, as I'm still getting a lot of mileage out of Mario Kart 8 and I'll be switching over to Pikmin 3 soon. That's a kind offer, though. Out of curiosity, which games do you have codes for?
    I have the Club nintendo Platinum code where I can pick from:
    Game & Wario, NES Remix, Earthbound or Dr Luigi.

I have the Mario Kart 8 code where I can pick from:
    New Super Mario Bros U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U.

I have all of these already except for Wii Party U which I have no interest in.
    TV Recently Finished: