Page 1147 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711451146114711481149115711971247 ... LastLast
Results 28,651 to 28,675 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

- - - - -
    Also: A serious pox on console games that don't allow you to re-map the controls.

I really wish more print & youtube reviews would touch on this; most of them don't.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yes yes yes. The economy system is broken and inventory management is completely gone in ME2 and ME3. Also... those elevator loading segments. Those are primarily the three negatives I remember from the game. If you can try to play through it, I swear the lore and story will pay off in spades in the latter games.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Never played Mass Effect 1, but thoroughly enjoyed 2 and 3.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    The bright side is that Gamestop has both sequels on sale for like $5.

I remember 1 took me a while to get into it, even to where I stopped playing it on my first playthrough for over a year, until I heard some more good things. Then it just clicked.

ME2 came around shortly after and I was enthralled.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I put down ME: Andromeda when Dad of War came out last summer and never got back into it. I was thinking of giving it another go whenever I get finished with RDR2.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I maintain that Mass Effect has one of the best, most fully realized sci fi universes ever, in any medium.

And yes, all of the negatives you mentioned are 100% valid and true. But it’s worth it for the story.

Put it this way. I freakin bought an Xbox 360 for that game.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Look at that, Irish.

Duke didn’t just buy an Xbox 360. He FREAKIN’ bought an Xbox 360. For that game.

- - - - -
    Ha! Back when, I bought the XBox to play KOTOR. Almost got the 360 for ME, but all those RROD reports put me off.

Never played Andromeda though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I was enjoying it well enough, but for reasons not related to the game, I would go for weeks without playing, and then when I would pick it up again, I would have forgotten where I was at with the story, and was like, okay where the hell am I and who are these people?

As a side, I'm doing the same thing with RDR2, but that game is far more forgiving to people who need to step away for awhile.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I wanted to love Andromeda. The bugs. Oh man the bugs. I powered through that game but it was by far the worst in the series. And for good reason.

Here's me trying to talk to Liam for the next part of the mission.

Here's me getting stuck

Check out my youtube channel for more examples. Look in the description for more links to bugs and glitches. It was the most bug filled AAA game I've ever played.

lol, which we saw your actual reactions to that bug. I'd be getting so annoyed.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Persona 5 is currently in a pretty good sale on PSN.

Is there any point getting that one when I have never played a Persona game before?

I wanted to love Andromeda. The bugs. Oh man the bugs. I powered through that game but it was by far the worst in the series. And for good reason.

Here's me trying to talk to Liam for the next part of the mission.

To be honest though, Duke, I’m a retail manager...and this is a pretty accurate depiction of trying to get your staff to listen to direction and do what you need them to do.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Persona 5 is currently in a pretty good sale on PSN.

Is there any point getting that one when I have never played a Persona game before?
    Everything I've heard has been a unqualified rave and nobody has said you need to play previous games.

So I dunno. I'd probably buy it out of curiosity if it where cheap enough, even though it doesn't look like my type of game.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Everything I've heard has been a unqualified rave and nobody has said you need to play 1-4.

So I dunno. I'd probably but it out of curiosity if it where cheap enough, even though it doesn't look like my type of game.
    Same, all I’ve read is positive.

I just know that the Persona games have insanely dense lore, so thought starting at 5 might be a tad dumb.

- - - - -
    First week update: I now have ~32 games installed on my XBox.

30 from Game Pass, 2 purchased directly. (Witcher 3 and Divinity: Original Sin 2).

I realize now that I'm an idiot. Collecting is cool and it's nice to have options but there is no way I will have time to play half these things. What the hell was I thinking?

30 from Game Pass, 2 purchased directly. (Witcher 3 and Divinity: Original Sin 2).

I realize now that I'm an idiot. Collecting is cool and it's nice to have options but there is no way I will have time to play half these things. What the hell was I thinking?
    Yeah, video games are almost like books in that I can only do one at a time. If I get multiple books or games, most will never get touched.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm playing Crackdown 3 because of Game Pass.

This service was clearly a mistake.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

That happened to me with my 360.

I have so many games for that system, and ~50% of them I’ve never touched.

And Jesus, you should see my board game collection. Dozens and dozens of games, most haven’t even been punched.

- - - - -
    Not a car guy or a racing sim guy but holy shit ... Forza Horizon 4.

I'm currently tooling around Britain in a 1969 Dodge Charger

This might be the best looking game I've seen, even at lowly 1080p on a plain XBox One S. Like, I don't know how they managed this. It's legit jaw dropping.

Yeah I am not a car guy at all but the Forza games are astounding.

I remember being hooked on Forza 3 back on the 360, and the word I used to describe that game was “classy”. The menus, the narration, everything...it made it all feel expensive and high class. It was super cool.

The only down side on that one was the excessive load times.

Forza Horizon is one of the best Xbox games, easily. I haven't played 4 yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *